Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Bring back TIM FUCKING SKOLD

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Have you heard Mechanical Animals or Holywood yet? One of those might potentially blow your mind.
    Quality through and through.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    Bring back TIM FUCKING SKOLD
    I didn’t mean to like this post. I am not a skold fan so meh.

But I think they should get a nobody since this is now his and Tyler’s show.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Fuck man this is a day I thought would never come... again

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Fuck man this is a day I thought would never come... again
    Which could mean twiggy comes back in 8 years, if Manson survives it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I hope Skold comes back.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Lohner?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Maybe Rob Holiday or Andy Gerold might be filling in again.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    based on the live shows being a shitshow and the studio seems to be just Manson and Bates, why hire a bass player at all...Put an end to future live performances. Problem solved

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Even if he did or didn’t do it, I suppose it’s the best option. Twiggys reputation is tainted now and if he remained in the band, so would the bands. Manson did the smartest thing he could.

Also given his love and loyalty for Twiggy in the past, for him to kick him out is just even more damning

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    What a terrible year to like this band

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Alright, I just finished it.

TBH....It was okay.

There as a lot of songs I did like as I mentioned above....but really...I found the rest.......just kinda........eh.

It's not a bad album, though this album is fucking clipped as hell, jesus.....but....it just doesn't really do it for me.

At some places, it starts sounding like TDS or Broken (Silent tracks included too....also I sware that one song's chorus sounds exactly like I Do Not Want This chorus) and considering Broken is my Least favourite NIN album/EP...really didn;t help things in my option.

I do like the atmosphere and artwork though, that's top notch.
    I kinda agree with this sentiment, I love the album's two first songs, I loved 1996, Reflecting God, Minute Of Decay, Man That You Fear, The Beatiful People (ay it's his Closer) and Mister Superstar.

Other than that, I find rest of the album pretty forgettable, not bad, just not doing anything for me. I don't find anything interesting in them, as the rest doesn't have the emotion nor energy of the song mentioned above. I am really sad I feel like this way, I gave this album a lot of chances.

I also feel like the album doesn't have the best pacing, this is purely from my subjective opinion, I do not believe to understand how pacing of an album is done right, but, the album's ending section is literally this.

Agressive track --> Sad track ---> Agressive track ---> Sad track ---> random instrumental ending that is pretty much connected to the track before.

Like I dunno, this kinda takes away from the possible effectivness of Minute of Decay, being followed by The Reflecting God which is also one of the angriest tracks on the album, and it isn't like "A Warm Place -> Eraser" where Eraser builds pretty much from beginning slowly after the calmness of A Warm Place, The Reflecting God jumps pretty much goes right in. Which, cool, the track is one of the best, but I don't think its placement compliments Minute Of Decay. His vocals here at his best and the track depicts perfectly someone who's fucking losing it.

Overall, I find the album pretty awkward to listen to in one entirety listening, which I find especially bad seeing as this is a concept album. That's my take on it after a lot of chances. I didn't grow up with it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Really sad but it probably had to be done.

I'd say Manson's done his fair share of bad stuff which will all come out too soon enough.

People make mistakes, especially when they're drunk and addicts. Twiggy has 100% changed since then. I hope in the end we find out this has been exaggerated.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Doesn't anyone else find it kind of interesting that after 20 years, Manson had no idea of Jeordie's ongoing's at all? I mean, he's not exactly a saint himself, but I'm sure he must have known about some shady nonsense going on behind closed doors based on what kinda shenanigans this band did in the 90s.

I'm just kinda surprised that if Manson and Twiggy are as close as they supposedly were, something may have come up at one point or another about this.
    I'm not saying Twiggy didn't do it and Jessika is just looking for attention, I'm just thinking there can be no way Manson could have been left completely in the dark about Twiggy.

I generally feel bad for Manson's year. 2017 has not been his year at all. This man is a fighter. Hopefully something good happens out of this. I never really cared for Jeordie myself. He always looked like he had a hidden agenda planned or something. Guy just has one of those faces that can creep you out just by looking at it.

Was also shocked about Scott's passing the other day. This has been 1 week full of crazy news. I won't lie, it made some really good reading though in between downtime at the aftershock festival waiting around at hotels and airports this past weekend.

I wonder if Jeordie currently has (or in this case, had) a girlfriend up until this news came out and whether he still has said girlfriend. Damn, I'd hate to be caught up in that argument.

Hey, can someone refresh my mind, why did Twiggy leave MM in the first place like 12 years ago? Was there a falling out? Also, what made him come back?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 10-25-2017 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Twiggy is a Rappist. Manson did right on kicking him out of the band. I hope justice is done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I can see how this is a good move on Manson's part career wise at least. Regardless of what went down 20 years ago, the cat is out of the bag and you can see the damage is already starting to pile up. Alice Glass wrote that she wouldn't return to be Manson's opener once the tour resumes when Jessicka's story originally broke:

The day that the news of Addams’ allegations broke, tour opener Alice Glass dropped out of Manson’s tour, and will not be returning when the tour resumes.

She wrote, “I’ve decided that I won’t be returning for the rescheduled dates on Marilyn Manson’s tour next year.”
    “sincere apologies to anyone who got tickets to his shows to see me. i’ll be scheduling my own tour soon.”
    So, Manson is just trying to protect his career and name at this point.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Pretty sure the new guy will be either a complete nobody we've never heard of before, or someone whose past career highlights are on par with Andy Gerold (Ashes Divide live band) or Fred Sablan (Twiggy's Goon Moon)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Pretty sure the new guy will be either a complete nobody we've never heard of before, or someone whose past career highlights are on par with Andy Gerold (Ashes Divide live band) or Fred Sablan (Twiggy's Goon Moon)
    Probably, I mean Paul Wiley (to me anyway) sort of came out of nowhere

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    When Manson says he didn't know about any of it, I am inclined to believe him. It seems a lot of this stuff happened before Twiggy joined Marilyn Manson with the exception of the car ride abuse and the eventual rape itself taking place during a break on TDS tour (if I have the time line right). Seems the relationship was over shortly thereafter, right? So, I don't think Twiggy would actually mention this to any of his band mates at all. As Jessicka said, he probably didn't want to face what he did (the mirror analogy from the car) and that probably includes talking about it to his fellow band mates. I have several coworkers I am close with, but I could not tell you a darn thing about what goes on in their private life. I think the same idea applies here. Sure they were close friends, but something tells me this isn't something that was freely discussed.

Side note, why do we hold Manson to such a standard but let Pogo, Daisy, Sara Lee Lucas and Ginger off the hook? If some assume Manson knew... why absolve the others? I am not saying they knew, just saying it seems like we have a double standard here.
    Last edited by renton44; 10-25-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by high def ultra-realism View Post
    Twiggy is a Rappist. Manson did right on kicking him out of the band. I hope justice is done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *allegedly a rapist.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I can see how this is a good move on Manson's part career wise at least. Regardless of what went down 20 years ago, the cat is out of the bag and you can see the damage is already starting to pile up. Alice Glass wrote that she wouldn't return to be Manson's opener once the tour resumes when Jessicka's story originally broke:

So, Manson is just trying to protect his career and name at this point.
    I laughed when she said “ got tickets to his shows to see me.”

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I laughed when she said “ got tickets to his shows to see me.”
    If they came near me I probably would have got tickets and then refunded them when Alice cancelled.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    this is tricky. my worry is that manson did the right thing but doesn't truly believe it/want to do it. by this, i mean he realized this is the only way to proceed in this circumstance and not completely destroy his career, but deep down is like "you know i have to do this buddy, let's give it a few years and we'll hope it blows over."

while i know it can be easy (if you're a complete sociopath) to be two-faced and hide your behavior even to everyone you love (see ethan), i have a hard time believing that jeordie was this discreet about everything, considering all the stories i've heard over the years regarding his behavior. didn't daisy also leave partially due to the amount of drugs and debauchery that happened that took center stage to the music? i guess what i'm saying is i worry that everyone knew and just normalized/accepted it.

regardless, it's the right decision.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    It is a great album, but most of the charm for that album was the circus with his tour and it being the 90’s.
    I have to (respectfully) disagree with this assessment. I actually think if this were released today it would potentially have an even bigger impact bc everything in mainstream music is so vanilla, plastic and boring. at the time antichrist couldve been lumped in with so many others in the genre but it stood out bc it was exceptional (the music, the artwork, imagery, etc). Today the music would still be amazing and it would have zero competitors. this is exactly what heavy music needs right now.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Antichrist is the only one ive listen to front to back.

Other then the singles, I know nothing about them. I will get them soon as I did
    Add Holy Wood to that list too. IMO you really can't go wrong up to there.

I'd suggest maybe giving ACSS a few more spins and then some breeathing room. See if it clicks. I remember it was a really overpowering first listen, lo those many years ago, but it was worth it. I wish I could have another first time with it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You made up your opinion after one listen?

Obviously it has many resemblences to those albums because Trent produced them and basically they are in the same genre and sound at the time the album was released.
    It's an incredible album, and very well thought out as a concept album. Try Mechanical Animals for something unique. I think listening to his albums is a total difference experience today than it was in the 90's, he used to matter and make sense, now he just has turned into a bit of a laughing stock. Sad but true in my opinion.

Twiggy leaving a total shock, he was the main song writer for a large part of the great MM albums. I wonder exactly what happened back then seeing so much craziness used to happen back in the old days. Obviously it doesnt excuse him for the behaviour if it did happen. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them don't remember what the hell they got up to back then. Interesting that Manson made the decision as well.

Alright, I just finished it.

TBH....It was okay.

There as a lot of songs I did like as I mentioned above....but really...I found the rest.......just kinda........eh.

It's not a bad album, though this album is fucking clipped as hell, jesus.....but....it just doesn't really do it for me.

At some places, it starts sounding like TDS or Broken (Silent tracks included too....also I sware that one song's chorus sounds exactly like I Do Not Want This chorus) and considering Broken is my Least favourite NIN album/EP...really didn;t help things in my option.

I do like the atmosphere and artwork though, that's top notch.
    Last edited by Twiggy; 10-26-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Jeordie getting the boot is for the best. His silence is speaking volumes here...I hope wherever he finds himself, he sorts his fucking shit out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think he has been clean for a long time now.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    so Manson kicked Twiggy out because he allegedly abused a woman (which is most likely true) and Manson is showing how he doesnt approve of that sort of thing....YET....Manson is bestest friends in the whole wide world with Johnny Depp who also allegedly abused a woman and puts JD in all his videos etc....The irony is so thick you can cut it...to quote John Malkovich from 'In the Line of Fire'

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Johnny Depp isn't a member and bringing all the negative attention. Manson made the right call. He didn't have much choice though. At some point he could bring Twiggy back, I'm sure.