Page 71 of 135 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Two random Manson thoughts.

2) People seem to trip over themselves praising Coma White, but as far as "end of album / lower tempo" songs go, Man That You Fear kicks its ass so hard it's not even funny.

You're welcome.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I dunno, Man That You Fear is a decent song and all, but in my opinion, it absolutely pales in comparison to Coma White.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Their both strong closers, and just as good as one another, but I prefer Man That You Fear.

HOWEVER! Misery Machine is hands down my favorite MM album closer, that song just gets me pumped to listen to Portrait again! Killer track and totally underappreciated.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sorry for the back to back, but UTube likes me, another underappreciated track that I love

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Denny’s should have a Manson bobble head promotion.
    Just lock the thread now. I can't imagine someone having a better post.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Their both strong closers, and just as good as one another, but I prefer Man That You Fear.

HOWEVER! Misery Machine is hands down my favorite MM album closer, that song just gets me pumped to listen to Portrait again! Killer track and totally underappreciated.
    Waaaaaaay back in the day Misery Machine was the closer for most shows too (if I recall correctly). Some nights it would be switched out with Sweet Dreams or whatever though. Honestly, it is a song he should have ALWAYS kept on the setlist. I have no idea why Portrait gets no love from him live anymore. I hate it when bands ignore their first record live. Especially when its a REALLY good record. But yeah, Misery Machine is an awesome song.
    Last edited by renton44; 02-05-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: grammar... sad!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Isn't there some lawsuit stuff that he can't play any songs from Portrait live? I think that's the reason why.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    But he does play these songs occasionally. Lunchbox and Cake & Sodomy were definitely played in recent years.
    There are no lawsuits or anything, there's just no reason or desire for him to rehearse old obscure stuff for a 15-song setlist. Be thankful he dusts off more Triptych material than he did during GAOG/AAG eras.
    Last edited by fillow; 02-06-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    This is hands down the worst ranking of Worst to Best Manson records I have seen.
    I *ALMOST* closed the page down when I saw what they considered the second worst Manson record. I already didn't agree with them on their worst, but once I got to #9, I knew there was going to be confrontation.

Click at your own risk.

https://www.loudersound.com/features...ckBsKoocpK1sCQ

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Weird to have Portrait so low

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    There's no way "High End of Low" is a better album than "Portrait...", no way...

Also "Holy Wood" is a good album, but i would never call it "Manson's masterpiece..."

Bollocks...

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Portrait is my favorite, by FAR.
    Granted, I didn't really get into the rest of them until fairly recently, for multiple reasons, not the least of which being his feud with Ron ZerT.

But I still fucking love that record.
    For the record, some years back, I was looking at a MM site that broke down all the records in detail, EXCEPT Portrait. The entry on portrait said something like "this album was before Manson found his sound and isn't that important ."

So the "meh" reaction to portrait isn't new. I almost feel like it HAS to come from people who weren't fans when it came out, because that album was stunning and the whole movement was exciting.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    To this day Manson is the only live act I went into “blind” (not knowing who they were, never hearing any of the songs), opening up for NIN during TDS tour, and came away liking the band right away. Hearing songs like Dope Hat and Cake and Sodomy impressed the hell out of me.

Portrait kicks ass, and I love the how raw it is. It may not be the most polished thing they’ve done but might be the most honest, along with being a bit cartoonish rather than being too serious. Love it.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    To this day Manson is the only live act I went into “blind” (not knowing who they were, never hearing any of the songs), opening up for NIN during TDS tour, and came away liking the band right away. Hearing songs like Dope Hat and Cake and Sodomy impressed the hell out of me.

Portrait kicks ass, and I love the how raw it is. It may not be the most polished thing they’ve done but might be the most honest, along with being a bit cartoonish rather than being too serious. Love it.
    Amen.
    I, too, went in "blind."
    And while I wasn't blown away by their PLAYING, necessarily, the spectacle of the thing was incredible.
    And I mean all of it: the Willy Wonka intro, the crazy outfits, the Satanic Army shirts for sale, the "kids, rise up and kill your parents" sample: the whole fucking thing was just, idk, NEW, and provocative.

Then i got the record, and THAT shit blew me away on a sonic level.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Then i got the record, and THAT shit blew me away on a sonic level.
    Same here. Shortly after I got Portrait on CD and played the shit out of it. I was probably too young to know at the time (17), but all the people involved were really on top of their game at the time... and made it last through at least Holy Wood. Kudos to them.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    To be honest: i would love at least another Manson "Spooky Kids album" like "Portrait" (and even "Smells Like Children").

I loved when he didn't take himself so seriously, his earlier stuff has lots of charm...

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    To be honest: i would love at least another Manson "Spooky Kids album" like "Portrait" (and even "Smells Like Children").
    I hope you know there are two volumes of early material (1990-1993 stuff) remastered by Daisy?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I hope you know there are two volumes of early material (1990-1993 stuff) remastered by Daisy?
    I heard some ealy tracks and demos here and there, but not the whole volumes, where i can get them?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://marilynmanson.com/tour#tour

So Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson are touring again this summer, wow.

Zzz.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah saw the alert about the stop here in Vancouver. Can't wait to not go to this turd show.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Obviously ill be going to the Sioux Falls show.

Still salty about getting the shaft at Rock USA last July though...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Weird to have Portrait so low
    Whenever I ranked Marilyn Manson, I have and always will believe that Portrait of an American Family should always be ranked with in or at least just right next the Triptych.

There's no way "High End of Low" is a better album than "Portrait...", no way...
    The High End of How is easily one of my most favorite post-The Golden Age of Grotesque albums ever, but I'd obviously have to agree. Sometimes I gauge how much an album is better to me by how less or often I find myself skipping around it, and I definitely skip around The High End of Low so much more.

Also "Holy Wood" is a good album, but i would never call it "Manson's masterpiece..."

Bollocks...
    I also apply the same principle here. I skip around Holy Wood the most. And as I've revealed in my previous rankings of Marilyn Manson albums, I even prefer and listen to Portrait of an American Family more than Holy Wood. At the same time though, I still understand and agree as to why the majority of Mansonites consider Holy Wood to be one of his best albums ever, me included as I'm also of the opinion that Holy Wood is absolutely/definitely one of the best post-Nine Inch Nails/Trent Reznor albums to have been ever recorded, since it carried over a lot of previous influences and inspirations from the first 3 records anyway.

As far as masterpieces go though, and this is just me, but that ultimately goes to Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals. (Since a lot of people don't include Mechanical Animals depending on who you're talking to, or where you'd talking about it.) It's always hard for me to just pick one or the other between those two albums.

As for The Pale Emperor and Heaven Upside Down, I'm kind of also having a hard time picking between the two, but I'd probably go with Heaven Upside Down by a hair, kind of like how I also preferred Mechanical Animals by a hair, since there are places and things that Antichrist Superstar and The Pale Emperor and go to and do that Mechanical Animals and Heaven Upside Down simply don't.

Eat Me, Drink Me and Born Villain also still remain to be my least favorite albums, but I've come to appreciate them more and more with as they age.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-22-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I also apply the same principle here. I skip around Holy Wood the most. And as I've revealed in my previous rankings of Marilyn Manson albums, I even prefer and listen to Portrait of an American Family more than Holy Wood. At the same time though, I still understand and agree as to why the majority of Mansonites consider Holy Wood to be one of his best albums ever, me included as I'm also of the opinion that Holy Would is absolutely/definitely one of the best post-Nine Inch Nails/Trent Reznor albums to have been ever recorded, since it carried over a lot of previous influences and inspirations from the first 3 records anyway.

As far as masterpieces go though, and this is just me, but that ultimately goes to Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals. (Since a lot of people don't include Mechanical Animals depending on who you're talking to, or where you'd talking about it.) It's always hard for me to just pick one of the other between those two albums.
    "Holy Wood" is great and does have "masterpiece-potential", but it's ruined by how long is that album (specially the last tracks...).
    The flow is not great either, i think with Trent producing the album could have been something else: it needed someone to cut the filler and make the flow better...

I agree that the discussion on Manson's masterpiece should be either between "Antichrist..." and "Mechanical...", i don't consider "Portrait..." a "masterpiece" either, but i do think it's a damn good album and among his best.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Holy Wood is Manson's The Fragile. (Incredible potential but ultimately too long, and lots of skipping for me)

Yeah, I just typed that. Come at me bro-hamsters.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Holy Wood is Manson's The Fragile. (Incredible potential but ultimately too long, and lots of skipping for me)

Yeah, I just typed that. Come at me bro-hamsters.
    Too long? Isn't it pretty much the same length as Antichrist?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Too long? Isn't it pretty much the same length as Antichrist?
    Shit, you're right. Maybe it just seems longer to me since it has more tracks and I don't consider it nearly as good as AS.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I heard some ealy tracks and demos here and there, but not the whole volumes, where i can get them?
    Volume 1 was released under the name Lunch Boxes & Choklit Cows

Volume 2 was never officially released, but a 192 kbps MP3 version was leaked by Daisy

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Nah, Mechanical Animals is Manson’s The Fragile.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Nah, Mechanical Animals is Manson’s The Fragile.
    Nah, too short (not to be confused with Too $hort). TF and HW compare decently with the shorter songs and track numbers.