Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I highly doubt it means Physical and Suck, considering that the product description clearly includes them in the tracklist and openly acknowledges the inclusion of their 7 inch. I honestly think "secrets" implies the inclusion of the Broken movie, but we'll see. EDIT: Didn't see kleiner's response before I posted, same deal.

And while I'm aware that the main attraction of the DEs is having the albums on vinyl (which is more than worth it), considering that Trent said these releases would include "some surprises" (and the ever-vague "and more" description of TDS DE), the chance for contents the original vinyl releases lacked exists. In any case, affordable copies of these albums on vinyl is more than enough of a selling point on its own, regardless of what the whole shebang ends up being.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 04-21-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    So I got a shipping confirmation today. For something. I'm not sure what (no product name in the email...) but it's from bandstores and I don't think I ordered anything else for this period but NIN.

It might be Before the Flood?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I just realize (living in europe), despite it was cheaper to order all those vinyls on the us site, i forgot that i probably will be charged by the border taxes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    So I got a shipping confirmation today. For something. I'm not sure what (no product name in the email...) but it's from bandstores and I don't think I ordered anything else for this period but NIN.

It might be Before the Flood?
    It will be Before the Flood, I got the same bandstores.co.uk email yesterday & mine was delivered this morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not like we haven't been burned before but Bull Moose suggests a 5/18 shipping for TDS and Broken. I don't see the others (NTAE, Deviations, The Fragile...)

http://www.bullmoose.com/search?Q=Ni...nsearch=Search

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solvethebox View Post
    Not like we haven't been burned before but Bull Moose suggests a 5/18 shipping for TDS and Broken. I don't see the others (NTAE, Deviations, The Fragile...)

http://www.bullmoose.com/search?Q=Ni...nsearch=Search
    The thumbnail for these!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    SIDE C
    1. I DO NOT WANT THIS?
    2. BIG MAN WITH A GUN
    3. A WARM PLACE?
    4. ERASER

Maybe I'm just exhausted, but those question marks on the bullmoose TDS tracklisting are really giving me the giggles and making me envision said song titles as spoken by Christopher Walken.

brb off to apply this to the rest of the catalogue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    SIDE C
    1. I DO NOT WANT THIS?
    2. BIG MAN WITH A GUN
    3. A WARM PLACE?
    4. ERASER

Maybe I'm just exhausted, but those question marks on the bullmoose TDS tracklisting are really giving me the giggles and making me envision said song titles as spoken by Christopher Walken.

brb off to apply this to the rest of the catalogue
    Was It Worth It?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    JPC in Germany has a release date of 5/26 - even for deviations 1:
    https://www.jpc.de/s/nine+inch+nails

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm a bit confused about the prices at JPC. Deviations 1 is cheaper than at uk-store.nin.com while the others are more expensive... NTAE nearly twice as much.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What's the bet that the JPC, Amazon, Bullmoose etc orders ship before Firebrand pull their fingers out..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, nin.com now shows the Broken reissue is sold out, which is kinda weird for something that is still a pre-order item that's not labeled as a limited edition release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    So, nin.com now shows the Broken reissue is sold out, which is kinda weird for something that is still a pre-order item that's not labeled as a limited edition release.
    The secret item included might be a reason it did.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Could (hopefully) just be a stock issue, the way a few of the other vinyl on there have gone in-and-out of sale. (Thinking specifically of the NBK/LH soundtracks which have flipped a few times.)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Could (hopefully) just be a stock issue, the way a few of the other vinyl on there have gone in-and-out of sale. (Thinking specifically of the NBK/LH soundtracks which have flipped a few times.)
    Hopefully it's a stock issue. I haven't ordered any of the vinyl yet outside of Deviations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Hopefully it's a stock issue. I haven't ordered any of the vinyl yet outside of Deviations.
    Yeah, been trying to wait to see if I can not deal with fucking firebrand myself. I would rather pay $10 more somewhere else, if I can avoid them.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    SIDE C
    1. I DO NOT WANT THIS?
    2. BIG MAN WITH A GUN
    3. A WARM PLACE?
    4. ERASER

You're not exhausted; Walken was actually involved in a mashup of Piggy/Big Man With a Gun a few years back.

@0:40

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Also..

Wouldn't it be GREAT if the "some secrets" quip for Broken actually turned out to be Fixed included in the packaging as well? They could easily fit both EPs across two slabs of wax, and satiate some pretty hardcore demand for both in doing so.

I'd be more than happy with an official release of the Broken film though..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    it might be completely unrelated, but someone just added "#section-online-store-update" to nin.com CSS
    Last edited by arsenic; 05-15-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    it might be completely unrelated, but someone just added "#section-online-store-update" to nin.com CSS
    I'll bet it's just going to let us spend $100 on the reissues not yet up for preorder so that we can then struggle to get their downloads to new masters of albums we all already own along with the promise that we'll get the vinyl copies in nine years only to still not have them or any word on them in ten, and a couple new Ghosts shirts added to the Clothing tab for good measure

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Store site is updated. Closed to new orders for May while they fix shit. I wonder what that means...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Store site is updated. Closed to new orders for May while they fix shit. I wonder what that means...
    Probably new stuff, and jettisoned Firebrand. Hopefully...

The full quote for the lazy:
    WE ARE FIXING A PROBLEM THAT CLEARLY NEEDS FIXING.

THE NIN.COM STORE IS IN TRANSITION AND TEMPORARILY NOT ACCEPTING NEW ORDERS.

WE WILL BE BACK ONLINE IN EARLY JUNE, NEW AND IMPROVED.

CUSTOMERS WITH OPEN ORDERS WILL RECEIVE UPDATES SHORTLY. ALL OUTSTANDING ORDERS WILL BE PROCESSED.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Honestly, what the fuck was Trent thinking in aligning with these dickwads? Why couldn't he just go to something like Amazon or some outlet like Barnes & Noble where they do sell vinyl or other places like that?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Honestly, what the fuck was Trent thinking in aligning with these dickwads? Why couldn't he just go to something like Amazon or some outlet like Barnes & Noble where they do sell vinyl or other places like that?
    I think that's coming later, with these initial nin.com batches that include the digital download (which might be the key reasoning). Amazon wouldn't have had the lossless digital part immediately available for vinyl preorders, and I don't think you can even buy lossless stuff on their digital store. Amazon charges quite a bit to store inventory in their warehouses as well, so I think they'll just be used for leftover supply (like Before the Flood) in addition to nin.com.

He gets fucked over quite often though. It's frustrating for us, but imagine creating something for months/years, and it's stuck in a void for a lengthy yet unknown duration, or Firebrand has it tied up in a closet - just in view through a tiny hole but nobody can free it.
    Last edited by blassster; 05-16-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Honestly, what the fuck was Trent thinking in aligning with these dickwads?
    Well, it's not like Firebrand put "are dickwads" and "will screw things up" on their marketing material or anything. They've had an impressive list of past clients, and it's difficult to tell how something like that's going to turn out.

Re: Amazon + B&N, I am extremely glad that TR didn't decide to only provide "big box" solutions like that. I want to be able to get lossless FLAC along with my vinyl, and none of the really big names do that. I do often wish TR (and, well, every other band in the world) would realize that Bandcamp is the best thing in the world and just start selling through there, but I suspect that bands of NIN's size get better cuts elsewhere.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Got an e-mail from Firebrand this morning, saying there's a rumor going around that the pre-orders will be shipping out in late-May. Anyone else get wind of this?

Naturally, I'm skeptical if the official site store is out of commission until June..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Got an e-mail from Firebrand this morning, saying there's a rumor going around that the pre-orders will be shipping out in late-May. Anyone else get wind of this?

Naturally, I'm skeptical if the official site store is out of commission until June..
    I didn't get an email. Anyhow, this would fall in line with that German & Danish store saying they would have the vinyl on May 26th so perhaps it is true after all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post

Firedbrand (you know that d was a typo but I'm leaving it given the circumstances) sent you an e-mail saying they've heard a rumour about shipping dates?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Firedbrand (you know that d was a typo but I'm leaving it given the circumstances) sent you an e-mail saying they've heard a rumour about shipping dates?
    It was in a back-and-forth discussion regarding my BTF pre-order that I foolishly bundled with the vinyl reissue pre-order; BTF was sold out on the store site, so canceling that item from my pre-order and buying it again wasn't happening. They told me they were hearing rumors that the pre-orders were shipping at the end of this month sometime..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    At this point I am thinking refund, but I closed my bank account that I used to pay for the purchase so I guess I wait some more.