Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "Eat your heart out, Steve" in the locked groove of all four vinyl sides.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, I noticed last night that the coloured vinyl version of the Prick album is already sold out. I didn't even know it went up for sale. I also noticed there's someone selling a re-release of Lost Highway on eBay, but it's not even up yet. The hell is going on?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I also noticed there's someone selling a re-release of Lost Highway on eBay, but it's not even up yet. The hell is going on?
    Lost Highway was first put out in 2016 by the Music On Vinyl label (/Interscope/Universal) and then Nothing seems to have picked up the pressing for 2017 (and adding a nice orange translucent release).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So, these should finally begin shipping this week. Let's see how bad they fuck these up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    So, these should finally begin shipping this week. Let's see how bad they fuck these up.
    I'm 100% confident that everyone's going to get the stuff they ordered in December (2016) by the time the new EP/shirts/hats/etc. are out in December (2017).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    someone put this entry up on discogs, which leads me to believe they have it in hand - https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...lease/10672744

Nine Inch Nails ‎– The Downward Spiral

Label:
    Interscope Records ‎– B0025683-01
    Format:
    2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Definitive Edition

US
    Released:
    04 Aug 2017
    Genre:
    Electronic, Rock
    Style:
    Industrial

Notes

Definitive Edition 2017.

Sticker on plastic wrap:

Include download card.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    someone put this entry up on discogs, which leads me to believe they have it in hand - https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...lease/10672744
    2nd photo (sticker): "made in the eu"

Sooo... variants, even?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What's with the:
    Halo Thirty

Halo Eight

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    What's with the:
    Halo Thirty

Halo Eight

The person sho made the edit to add the photo on Discogs could just be bullshitting us and made a (poor) photoshop of the label. That might explain the extreme amount of artefacting in seeing on the picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    The person sho made the edit to add the photo on Discogs could just be bullshitting us and made a (poor) photoshop of the label. That might explain the extreme amount of artefacting in seeing on the picture.
    That's what i'm thinking too because i find it really suspicious that the guy is ONLY posting pictures of the sticker on the shrinkwrap and no pictures of the actual cover.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Sooo... variants, even?
    Well shit. I was really hoping there was only going to be 1. It's proving hard enough to get the US versions. Ugh.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Sooo... variants, even?
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Well shit. I was really hoping there was only going to be 1. It's proving hard enough to get the US versions. Ugh.
    the pressing plant they're using is based in europe; there's no US pressing.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Nice! So is this the same for all of the vinyl releases then? Thanks man!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    So uh, why doesn't The Fragile and Deviations 1 say "made in the eu"?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Seems like someone mistakenly left in a little something from the Deviations 1 label during the meticulous preparation.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Seems like someone mistakenly left in a little something from the Deviations 1 label during the meticulous preparation.
    God this is turning into a farce...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    God this is turning into a farce...

At least it's just the sticker...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Dear @teitan I will copy edit all your shit for free.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Maybe ...
    Halo 30 means Definitive/Deviations? Maybe? Or everyone sucks at this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Deviations is now listed as sold out in the US store.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post
    Deviations is now listed as sold out in the US store.
    Ordered it right on time i guess.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Vinyl Rereleases December 2016

Hopefully I get my replacement sleeve

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    They definitely just suck at it, it's not some weird double-halo thing, as The Fragile only has Halo Fourteen on it.

This at least confirms that the reissues are shipping when they said they would.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    They definitely just suck at it, it's not some weird double-halo thing, as The Fragile only has Halo Fourteen on it.

This at least confirms that the reissues are shipping when they said they would.
    How annoyed are we all going to be when it turns out only SOME of them have that flash sticker typo and they become worth hundreds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Having now sat through a single listen of the entire Deviation vinyl set, I only have positive feedback. The vinyl that I have is very, very quiet and is a fine example of what can be achieved with this format when it is pressed with care. I counted only one slight 'pop' throughout 3 hours of listening. The quiet sections are indeed quiet with either no surface noise or absolute bare minimum - thus the atmosphere of the piece is fully conveyed without any distraction. Having held each LP under the light, I can see no surface marks or scuffs whatever - probably because the sleeves themselves have decent plastic inner and opposed to bare paper. I have had three copies of the new Roger Waters album now which comes in paper sleeves and every copy has had nasty scuff marks. In addition, I also recently acquired the 2015 Bicycle Remaster of PHM on double vinyl and it is an awful pressing, with significant surface noise, crackle and pops. This is particularly distracting during SICNH, obviously being such a quiet and atmospheric piece. No such grievance with Deviations.

As for the music - I like it but to be honest I am looking forward to Fragile arriving. As a companion piece it is great but it is no substitute for the full fat version.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As for the music - I like it but to be honest I am looking forward to Fragile arriving. As a companion piece it is great but it is no substitute for the full fat version.
    I loved hearing the instrumentals to one of my favorite albums with one of the best title tracks out there, but I agree. (Also wouldn't have minded hearing them ... in a more timely, 10th anniversary type fashion, ahem, but I understand it was something he was avoiding as the recording was Not A Good Time for TR.) I sold my original several years ago for short-term financial reasons and have always regretted it. It had a lot of sentimental value even though it was pretty worn in a couple spots due to overplaying with a worn out needle. I'm looking forward to it joining me (again), finally.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfilian View Post
    ...I also recently acquired the 2015 Bicycle Remaster of PHM on double vinyl...
    Can I ask where? And to be clear, not the UMe Remaster, right? Despite your warnings, I still have to check this box in my collection. I know the nin.com store had it in stock at one point and has it currently listed as "coming soon", but if I could not deal with Sandbag that'd be nice. We'll see after my 4 pending orders are fulfilled and the dust has settled.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quick question to everyone receiving their Fragile DE shipping info now...are these from your original December order?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Quick question to everyone receiving their Fragile DE shipping info now...are these from your original December order?
    Mine is.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    Mine is.
    And did you do anything when the stores switched over?