Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rereleases December 2016 (Broken, TDS, TF)

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    It's the files. The reissue will not be identical: different files, different content.
    I'm curious : if it doesn't apply to the content, how come many YouTubers, podcasters and many more were able to use it as background music?
    You can share the files AND use the content as you see fit, as long as you credit the authors and don't use them to make money.

As I said I'm curious, how is that different now (barring a change in licensing of course)?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    The files ARE the content. Already released ghosts is Creative Commons. Not yet released ghosts might not be, and it doesn't become so automatically because the 2008 one was. Hypothetically, if new ghosts was bit-for-bit identical to old, this would be moot. But it won't be, not least because the HD audio release is new.

Basically unless you receive some ones and zeroes labelled Creative Commons, it isn't.

But the 2008 release isn't going away.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Surprised there still hasn't been a vinyl reissue of the Further Down The Spiral remix comp. I would imagine those would move some serious units amongst the fanbase..

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Surprised there still hasn't been a vinyl reissue of the Further Down The Spiral remix comp. I would imagine those would move some serious units amongst the fanbase..
    Oh God, the bitching, THE BITCHING!!!

"Y no UK version US version suxx", "I want Ruiner version, not the endless Mr Self Destruct samples crap"...

I love the idea though, gimme!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm expecting Deviations: TDS to be more like that

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Oh God, the bitching, THE BITCHING!!!

"Y no UK version US version suxx", "I want Ruiner version, not the endless Mr Self Destruct samples crap"...

I love the idea though, gimme!
    Across a 3-LP set, they could easily fit everything from the US and UK versions onto one package. That's kind of what they did with Year Zero Remixed, if I remember. The fourth side could be an etching of the TDS-era rope coil from the cover.

Could you imagine At the Heart of It All booming on vinyl? Yes please..

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm expecting Deviations: TDS to be more like that
    Is TDS Deviations going to be an actual thing though..?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Is TDS Deviations going to be an actual thing though..?
    They numbered Fragile's 1, I assume the rest are coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think the title suggests there will be more Fragile Deviations

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    FDTS vinyl needs to be a thing that happens, and I personally would not mind if they just combined the two tracklists.

Gotta have my (version)s of Ruiner and Heresy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    I'm curious : if it doesn't apply to the content, how come many YouTubers, podcasters and many more were able to use it as background music?
    You can share the files AND use the content as you see fit, as long as you credit the authors and don't use them to make money.

As I said I'm curious, how is that different now (barring a change in licensing of course)?
    Since there isn't a listing for a new master of ghosts...why are we all assuming there will be? He may already consider the big release to be definitive...

Though, I stupidly didn't find out about the sleeve issue until way late and I have two sets that both have the damage. Really wish I could get those replaced.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Count me in on the Still and FDTS vinyl thing.

FDTS v1 subdivides across 4 vinyl sides really well except for the last side, which would only be "The Beauty of Being Numb" and "Erased. Over. Out." So they could easily add the remixes of "Ruiner" and "Heresy" to that side, bring it up to 22 minutes, and just leave off "Hurt" live and "Self Destruction, pt. 3" since it's nearly identical to the original anyway. Or make it complete by putting those two on a 7" (or, for that matter, the "Ruiner" and "Heresy" remixes). I'm big on optimizing side time vs. quality, and I think TR is too, considering he left side D of the PHM-R vinyl blank.

Also, a TFA reissue with the outtakes (can also be optimized into a double LP like FDTS) would be high on my list as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Question (that likely has already been answered in some capacity):

Will all of this new content (including The Fragile: Deviations 1, and the other reissues) be available for download next Friday? My initial impression was just the new EP, but now I'm wondering if the same is true for everything else...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinata89 View Post
    Question (that likely has already been answered in some capacity):

Will all of this new content (including The Fragile: Deviations 1, and the other reissues) be available for download next Friday? My initial impression was just the new EP, but now I'm wondering if the same is true for everything else...
    The page says Thursday https://store.nin.com/products/the-f...iations-1-2017

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Since there isn't a listing for a new master of ghosts...why are we all assuming there will be? He may already consider the big release to be definitive...

Though, I stupidly didn't find out about the sleeve issue until way late and I have two sets that both have the damage. Really wish I could get those replaced.
    Tried googling it and couldnt find anything

Sleeve issue?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    My only concern with the vinyl reissues is that I hope they don't get harmed during shipping. I know a lot of people had issues with their CITB packages last year and I used to avoid pre-orders on the official site because that distributor they had was horrendous, I heard. Didn't some people have significant problems with the Welcome Oblivion vinyl, too? You don't have any other option now though if you want to grab any of the new reissues.

Hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn here. Nobody wants to go through the headache of spending hundreds of dollars and waiting four or five months, just to have to return stuff that arrives damaged..

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I picked media shipping. Anyone know what that means?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    I think the title suggests there will be more Fragile Deviations
    Of course we don't know, but it seems much more likely to me that they will do this with the other big albums, than come up with multiple reimaginations of the same album.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    My only concern with the vinyl reissues is that I hope they don't get harmed during shipping. I know a lot of people had issues with their CITB packages last year and I used to avoid pre-orders on the official site because that distributor they had was horrendous, I heard.
    I'd had some issues with one vinyl release that I'd gotten via nin.com (I seem to think it was Hesitation Marks? I don't recall though...) - the vinyl had shifted a lot during shipping and the record edges ended up cutting through the packaging. They shipped me out a second one right away, though, so the customer support in that case was great for me - hopefully if anyone DOES have an issue like that, they'll continue to be good about it.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    But why break from chronology like that?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGobi View Post
    Tried googling it and couldnt find anything

Sleeve issue?
    The fancy sleeves the vinyl is packaged in had a chemical reaction with the vinyl. Both of my sets are kinda hosed.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Eh, the damage was already done when he posted the instrumentals on Apple Music. He might as well finish what he started. Plus, I'm sure its announcement finally silenced some of the hundreds of people who were asking for a Fragile Deluxe Edition. I can't imagine the shitstorm that would have happened if Deviations 1 was, say, Pretty Hate Machine.

Wow, I can't believe I actually typed that. Is this real life?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I can't imagine the shitstorm that would have happened if Deviations 1 was, say, Pretty Hate Machine.

Purest Feeling 2016 Mix is all I've ever wanted but never knew I could have had.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Purest Feeling 2016 Mix is all I've ever wanted but never knew I could have had.
    With a bonus VHS tape containing all the TV flipping-through stuff Trent had sampled.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    $$$$

Or because TF:DE is actually still coming and that's a promo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet, so apologies if I overlooked it, but did anyone notice that the upcoming vinyl release of The Slip is 2xLP? The original was a single record, right? Considering the length of the album, it doesn't seem like there would be any need to spread it over 2 LP's unless the reissue is including bonus tracks. Just something to think about.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet, so apologies if I overlooked it, but did anyone notice that the upcoming vinyl release of The Slip is 2xLP? The original was a single record, right? Considering the length of the album, it doesn't seem like there would be any need to spread it over 2 LP's unless the reissue is including bonus tracks. Just something to think about.

Oh fuck,shut up I have no money left !!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    They reused a lot of common/placeholder text, like Before the Flood having the description of NBK or whatever. I'm thinking it's called a 2xLP because YZ and WT are as well, and nobody cares about accuracy for stuff that doesn't even have a preorder up yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    They reused a lot of common/placeholder text, like Before the Flood having the description of NBK or whatever. I'm thinking it's called a 2xLP because YZ and WT are as well, and nobody cares about accuracy for stuff that doesn't even have a preorder up yet.
    Yeah, I agree that's the most likely explanation, but I'm still holding out hope that there'll be a bonus LP full of never before heard stuff from '08.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Or just really wide spacing for a 45RPM cut. Which would still be awesome...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Yeah, I agree that's the most likely explanation, but I'm still holding out hope that there'll be a bonus LP full of never before heard stuff from '08.
    I guess anything's possible, but considering how quickly that record was put together, I wouldn't bet on there being very much in terms of extra material.