Thread: The Fragile: Deviations 1 - Limited Edition 4xLP (Spring 2017)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    An idea, if this is possible and to help avoid the printing company giving any issues, we could possibly see if they'll just to do all of the artwork. They could do the art on blank CDs and people can just burn their own files. It may even save more money if they don't have to actually press the music data.
    that's exactly what I had in mind, 6 panels sounds good too!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    that's exactly what I had in mind, 6 panels sounds good too!
    I have a very elaborate layout idea lol. It would be a little bit more expensive though. My idea is a 6 panel eco-wallet that has it's own slipcase. I am working out the design and will post here to see what you guys think of it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I have a very elaborate layout idea lol. It would be a little bit more expensive though. My idea is a 6 panel eco-wallet that has it's own slipcase. I am working out the design and will post here to see what you guys think of it.
    please do!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    please do!
    Ok, here we go...

I wanted the slipcase to match the actual front and back of the vinyl. So the front of slipcase is the waterfall and back will be the retro looking cover. The top and bottom sides of the slipcase could just be black or something. I was thinking of the other waterfall shot as the back, but I thought it would be cool to make the slipcase be similar to the vinyl front and back.

The slipcase will house a 6 panel eco-wallet or digipack if ya want.

Front cover, back cover, and inside front (so the front panel will open left to reveal the inside front image and that will open to the right)...

Once fully open, this is how the inner left, center, right panels will look...

For the inner center panel, I did some blending to combine two images: the credit pic with the upside NIN font.

Leftover tracklisting and other art could become a booklet

I had some other variations, but liked this one the best after consideration. I didn't include a spine though, but figured we could easily chop up other images to create a spine that says "Nine Inch Nails The Fragile: Deviations 1" and place accordingly. Yes, eco-wallets have spines. The only thing is that on the inside, there will be white that shows thru on the inner spines dividing the left, center, and right panels with the way the panels fold down and glue to create the outer and inner sleeve. I don't know if there are options to color those spaces as well. If there is, it's probably more money because it requires printing on both sides of the sheet.

Plus the 2x CDs need some artwork.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-22-2017 at 11:58 PM.