Thread: The Vietnam War (2017)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...-war/96614928/

They started scoring this in late 2012!!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...-war/96614928/

They started scoring this in late 2012!!
    Link just redirects to the USA Today homepage for me. Had to actually do a copy/paste. Weird.

edit: man, does it feel weird to anyone else to see Trent sitting next to Ken Burns? Not weird in a bad way at all, as I have nothing but the utmost respect for both of them as extremely talented and accomplished people in their fields.

It's just...ya know...growing up watch Ken Burns documentaries on PBS and listening to The Downward Spiral, I never exactly put those people together.
    Last edited by theimage13; 01-15-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm sure if you told most of us in the 90's that the guy who sang "Closer" was working with the director of The Civil War we'd look at you pretty funny.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post

edit: man, does it feel weird to anyone else to see Trent sitting next to Ken Burns?
    You know, it sounded weird to me, but I had a bit of an epiphany: I was watching a recent doc about the Oklahoma City Bombing and a lot of the music sounded like it could have been TR+AR.
    And it occurred to me that Trent and Co aren't cutting edge young artists anymore and those of us who grew up listening to OG nin are getting old!
    That being said, I do think that TR+AR are largely responsible for creating the current trend of electronic scores. It's just that the industry is catching up.