Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Damnnnn it. There's no way I can make it to Bakersfield next week, I feel so bummed.
    I wonder if there's any chance they'll add a little extra NY show at the last minute, too?! I'm going to be up there for several days before and after Panorama...
    Doubtful. My guess is the Bakersfield show is primarily a warm up for the festival dates.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Fly into Burbank instead for $400 and give me some reasonable amount of money to pick you up, let you crash on my couch for two nights, take you to the show, and take you back to the airport.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_yeti View Post
    Dude, fly to SFO or LAX and drive, even with a hotel and a car, you will still save hundreds. Check Vegas as well, Fresno to Vegas is not a bad drive either.

Also, I am pretty sure you can take the train from Vancouver to Fresno. Its a long ass train ride, but its supposed to be pretty.
    Damn, good call flying into LAX/Burbank instead. Shocked at how cheaper prices are in comparison.

As for taking the train, that's totally out of the question. Don't have enough time off to make the trek there and back in 3 days, lol.
    @Toadflax - Your generosity is making this seem that much more appealing, that's for sure. Appreciate the offer.
    Just need to figure out if I can even score tickets and then try and get out of my shift on the 20th at work.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Doubtful. My guess is the Bakersfield show is primarily a warm up for the festival dates.
    Don't crush my dreams!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    As for driving/renting cars...

Guys, we go through this every tour... I am a hobo bum without a driver's license, haha........

Can't believe I just admitted to a bunch of internet strangers that I don't know how to drive, lol.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    flying into Burbank instead of LAX may very well save you 1+ hour of commute time.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    flying into Burbank instead of LAX may very well save you 1+ hour of commute time.
    And you'll hate life slightly less.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Damn, good call flying into LAX/Burbank instead. Shocked at how cheaper prices are in comparison.

As for taking the train, that's totally out of the question. Don't have enough time off to make the trek there and back in 3 days, lol.
    @Toadflax - Your generosity is making this seem that much more appealing, that's for sure. Appreciate the offer.
    Just need to figure out if I can even score tickets and then try and get out of my shift on the 20th at work.
    Yeah, generally speaking the smaller the town, the more expensive it is to fly there.

Good luck, and PM me if you want to try and work something out!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Came to that conclusion on my own by looking at Google maps. The direct flight isn't worth the hassle on the road in LA.
    The Burbank one requires a stop over, and I hate stop over flights, but I'll consider that the "avoiding the LA traffic" convenience.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    What's the video status on these shows? Are any of them known to be streaming live? Is there any organized effort to capture these performances (as there has been in the past)? I'll be at Riot Fest (deluxe vip) and Aftershock, maybe Bakersfield too. I may be able to film with my iPhone 7 plus.

None of the festivals will have streams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Guys, we go through this every tour... I am a hobo bum without a driver's license, haha........

Can't believe I just admitted to a bunch of internet strangers that I don't know how to drive, lol.
    I am an obsessed NIN fan living in BC, contemplating which shows, if any, I can afford/make it to this year, operating under the "only live once" rule. I also don't drive. I hate to break it to you like this, but I'm pretty sure we're the same person. And you better be the Jack, 'cuz if I'm NOT the Tyler, we are soooooo fucked...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Don't worry. I'm 31 this year and don't have my license yet. I grew up in a city where I could walk/bike everywhere, then spent the better half of a decade in Philly (where parking prices and traffic means you're best off using public transit to go literally everywhere). Not to mention I was of prime driving age when the GTA series first got big, so my parents refused to take me driving or sign me up for a driving course.

I've been lucky in having either friends who are going to shows offer to let me ride with for gas money, or taking public transit to shows (including a 12 hour one way bus trip for Chicago's Wave Goodbye shows).
    I am working on learning how to drive right now, actually, in preparation for NIN shows next year. So far I've driven a full hour and a half trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Came to that conclusion on my own by looking at Google maps. The direct flight isn't worth the hassle on the road in LA.
    The Burbank one requires a stop over, and I hate stop over flights, but I'll consider that the "avoiding the LA traffic" convenience.
    Seriously, check Vegas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    If anyone else is going and doesn't want the poster, PM me.
    My NIN friend who goes to shows with me actually looked up plane tickets before she let me know that there's no point in trying to get tickets to this thing. $2k each just for travel for a show? :\
    I'll let you know. I have several friends going so they may end up giving me their posters. As I told Spahn, I will message if I do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_yeti View Post
    Seriously, check Vegas
    It's a 4 hour drive from Vegas if you do but its a straight shot. Boring drive though.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Played around with Vacation dates at work and managed to get the time off, now I just need to see if I can score a ticket tomorrow... I wonder how difficult it's going to be to try and score a floor ticket to this shindig.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wonder if some more surprise announcements could be in store for cities near the other festival dates, too..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    i dont know about the presale code one time use deal, it looks pretty generic. The code i was sent starts with a D, ends with a D and is 9 characters. Anyone elses like this?
    I've looked all over the email I received, and I guess I've had too many beers.

Where is this friggin' code? I can't find it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I CAN'T SEEM TO WAKE UP 2017

Bakersfield, CA
    Early Access Performance
    Special Guest: Tobacco
    Rabobank Arena - July 19th, 2017
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BWjaaL4F8nn/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn.. I never get the nin.com emails. I've bought stuff from the store, registered when they had a forum and I never get any emails with announcements like this warm up show. I just happened to be on youtube watching the Woodstock show then and then went to the NTAE reddit page and then saw someone post the announcement there. I went to the warm up show in Fresno years ago and it was awesome (also about the same distance as bakersfield and also on a wednesday if I remember correctly). I am going to try to get tickets for this even though I am going to see them at FYF.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So what is this pre-sale code that the email talked about? I never got it

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    So what is this pre-sale code that the email talked about? I never got it
    I'm confused as well. I have multiple email accounts on the mailing list, and every email mentions the code but doesn't provide it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion

so does everyone receive a different code?
    for the "i can't seem to wake up 2017"

Pre-sale code does not guarantee tickets. Strict 2 ticket limit per person per household. This code Is non-transferable. This is a one time use code connected to your email. if this code is used by anyone other than the intended recipient, all tickets associated with your code will be cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by [parasite]; 07-15-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe the link in the email has a special hyperlink? Or maybe we will get a separate email?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    A note for you all that might help, if you can't find NIN e-mails then check the spam folder. I have Gmail and the way NIN newsletters go out (all lowercase, all caps) seem to trigger the spam functionality. Just fix it so that it doesn't do that again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LenaMHJBKZ2 View Post
    Maybe the link in the email has a special hyperlink? Or maybe we will get a separate email?
    It sounds like people received two different emails - one with a code ("dearworld" as someone posted earlier) and one without.

The one I got only has the "CLICK HERE" hotlink and the statement about a code below it:

Strict 2 ticket limit per person per household. This code Is non-transferable. This is a one time use code connected to your email. if this code is used by anyone other than the intended recipient, all tickets associated with your code will be cancelled.

For those who received an actual code, where is it displayed in the email? (and yes, I looked at the page that came up when I "clicked here" and there wasn't anything on that, either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I just have that same email. I haven't seen another one. It's weird that they would post pre-sale and on-sale time but yet no further info.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    DONE. Going to Bakersfield!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That was way too easy to get tix for

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    That was way too easy to get tix for
    Guess Wednesday on Bakersfield isn't a hot ticket after all. Whatevs - $45/ticket after fees is the cheapest show I've been to in eons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was hoping for GA but got seats. Either way, I'm just honored they're playing my hometown. It's a gift in itself.