It exceeded my expectations. I enjoyed it a lot and from start to finish. With that said,

Spoiler: The way they handled the absence of the the Charles Deetz Jeffrey Jones character was pretty neat. It addressed it in a way that was fun but included a character that should have been there but couldn't for the obvious reasons. A good chunk of stuff I seen online is people saying "too many subplots and Willem Dafoe's Wolf Jackson character was so absent he didn't need to be there." Upon my viewing I felt there were 4 main "subplots" - Beetlejuice getting with Lydia to go to the living world, Astrid's budding romance (if you wanna call it that), Lydia's career/life drama and Charles' death. Every other "subplot" is just details to flesh out those events so those have more legs to stand on. Delores and Wolf being antagonists to Beetlejuice, Lydia/Astrid relationship being strained for catalysts for both Afterlife trip and romance/friendship, Charles death being the reasons everyone is together, Rory wanting to marry Lydia, etc.

I felt as if there was a strong cohesive plot in this overall. It had a big cast of characters and never felt like they were misused, ignored or not there unless they had to be for X reason. I wouldn't say she is poor but the Delores character was not as featured as I thought she'd be but her function was to make the marriage to Lydia idea speed up in urgency. It also helped with a Betelegeuse origin story.

Loved the DeVito cameo character too. Was not expecting that hahaha.

P.S. Poor Bob!