Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Beetlejuice

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Too bad they didn't shoot it on film.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It does looks fun, but I hope it's editing, and not Ortega's character just blabbing his name out because she's a brat or something. Practical effects are always welcome, and great to see Keaton playing the character again.

But there seems to be a tad too many member-berries in here, when you have an entire universe of the dead to tap into.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It does kind of look like they're taking some stuff from the cartoon, maybe? I don't have a concrete spot to point to but maybe it's the way the sand worms look/act for that small bit. Also Lydia's hair kind of looks like the cartoon version in a way.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This looks fantastic.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I wasn't interested in watching it until that extended trailer came out...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    "in a conversation with Empire Magazine, Keaton reveals that he was adamant that he would only be returning for the Beetlejuice sequel if his screen time is properly maximized. The Golden Globe winner appeared in the original for about 17 minutes, and he maintained that he doesn’t want to be in the sequel for much longer because he believes “a lot of Betelgeuse” would only get tiresome quickly."

#savedyouaclick

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    "in a conversation with Empire Magazine, Keaton reveals that he was adamant that he would only be returning for the Beetlejuice sequel if his screen time is properly maximized. The Golden Globe winner appeared in the original for about 17 minutes, and he maintained that he doesn’t want to be in the sequel for much longer because he believes “a lot of Betelgeuse” would only get tiresome quickly."

#savedyouaclick
    Sorry, I should have posted that quote in the post.

I agree 100% with Keaton. A great example that less is more.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Sorry, I should have posted that quote in the post.

I agree 100% with Keaton. A great example that less is more.
    No need to apologize, I wouldn't have had anything to post if you hadn't shared the link! And yeah, +1 for the monster not dominating the screentime. I mean, it was fine for the cartoon when I was a kid, but a character like Beetlejuice should be the seasoning, not the entree.