Page 81 of 147 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    re Electoral College: I have no friggin' idea. I think over the next two years (that's how long I think this is going to take), we are bound to find out more dizzying info than we ever dreamed possible.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Why does it seem like every outlet is jumping ahead on this story to focus on the whistle blower? Nobody seems to be covering the content that she leaked, or the implications of what it suggests.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Those Trump sons should stfu; they are really fucking arrogant and ignorant.
    You mean Uday & Qusay?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Why does it seem like every outlet is jumping ahead on this story to focus on the whistle blower? Nobody seems to be covering the content that she leaked, or the implications of what it suggests.
    I was wondering the same thing!! She's cute, she's smart, she's interesting, that's all I can figure. If this was some homely kid in his underpants at home, he wouldn't be the focus.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    You mean Uday & Qusay?
    Every time I see them, for some reason I keep thinking about these guys from when I was a kid, my cousin LOVED them, they were on TV all the time:

The Trump boys are totally Homer and Jethro:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Every time I see them, for some reason I keep thinking about these guys from when I was a kid, my cousin LOVED them, they were on TV all the time:

The Trump boys are totally Homer and Jethro:

I was using the names of Saddam Hussein's sons because Trump is showing all the signs of being a dictator, but I have always hated the Trump sons simply because they go to Africa and shoot lions. Even if it was somebody I really admired and loved as an artist or a musician if they kill a lion I fucking hate them. If Jimmy Page shot a lion I'd fucking hate him.

Now take two morons (spoiled rich kids of asshole) and they shoot lions I REALLY FUCKING HATE THEM.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    and now the NYTimes is reporting that Donald Trump has decided that Jeff Sessions is a bad man, a very bad man, and he thinks bad thoughts about him. Wonder if Donald will try to send him to the cornfield...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    did you see how they found her? It was her own fault. Horrible OpSec.

She printed out the documents at her work. Only 6 people at her work did this so it wasn't hard to narrow it down. Worse, she fucking emailed the news org on her work computer.

It's surreal that her name is "Reality Winner" ... wtf
    There's something to be said for Reality Winner and a reality TV star in the White House.

I don't know what it is, but there's something I'm sure.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Wait... WHAT THE FUCK!?

In 2014, Donald Trump ACTUALLY did tweet: "Sadly, because president Obama has done such a poor job as president, you won't see another black president for generations!"

I overheard someone once claiming that he wrote that, and I immediately thought that the person had been duped by some spoofed image that was probably being shared around online. I just saw someone post it, and so I thought "I'm going to disprove this, because spreading misinformation is a bad thing..."

and holy shit... he actually said it.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...57586316165120
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-06-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    All this shit on him using Twitter and such just makes me look and feel stupid.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    More on the Trump / Shyster plan to privatize U.S. Air Traffic Control (and why it's stupid):

http://theweek.com/articles/703443/h...raffic-control

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-br...-idUSKBN18X2JA

I always thought V for Vendetta was satire/alt-future. Guess Alan Moore just got the years wrong.

Also this is hilarious:

Last edited by allegate; 06-06-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I agree with everything you said, the only reason I quoted you was because I was laughing at your member stats specifically Location: Covfefe. Allow me to reiterate " I STILL can't believe this stupid fuck is president" as well. Every day I am embarrassed by this tweeting narcissistic outhouse of a man baby, that says the stupidest shit that is unimaginable, and it makes me feel like I need to apologize to every country in the world for the actions and words that come out of this fucking idiots mouth, even though I didn't vote for this fucking moron.
    had to go out of the country for work when asked I no longer say American I now say Californian
    -Louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-br...-idUSKBN18X2JA

I always thought V for Vendetta was satire/alt-future.

Do you know what the dictators do to extremists in Middle Eastern countries like Egypt, Uzbekistan, Iran etc.. They attach roads with electric currents to their balls and chop of their fingers and boil them alive.

I doubt Theresa is going to go that far...her Orwellian police state is coming up short..be interested to see what she can do.
    anything to stop people getting their throats slit in central London makes me happy right now tbh.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    OH YOU MEAN LIKE HOW EVERYONE WAS ALL "BUT RUSSIA" WHEN THE DNC/HILLARY LEAKS HAPPENED???

This has been how EVERY whistleblower narrative has unfolded since forever, unless they are anonymous. Snowden has been the only moderate exception because he (and Greenwald) expected it and jumped ahead of it all. It's usually to detract from the leak and focus on the intent of the leaker.

With REALITY WINNER... i mean her name is just a little bit abnormal. It makes you stop and wonder if maybe all this shit is some coma induced dream and this name was planted by someone signaling you to wake up, especially with how everything else has been going lately.

FYI - Her real name is Sara. She changed it. I'm not sure what kind of person chooses the name "Reality" for themselves though. Also, her social media footprint is an absolute nightmare. I honestly don't know how she got this job back in Feb if they even slightly vetted her. She hates Trump so much. The right is already cataloging it all: http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=56840 ... "being white is terrorism" ... lmao.

Who she is and her intent are certainly worthy of coverage. As is how she got caught. But people use it to detract from the pure content of the leak itself. It happens in every leak, sadly.
    It's a diversion tactic though, and I don't understand how they could see it working in 2017. Everything goes... full circle now. You can say "look, squirrel!!" and make people look the wrong way for a moment, but eventually they look back. It's a good tactic to employ with strategic timing when there's a deadline ahead... like, say, an election...

Speaking of that, I'm wondering if the Clinton email scandal really caused the last-minute dip in her polls, or if something here is pointing towards that being a diversionary smoke screen explanation. As in, "the people are going to be completely perplexed and suspicious if there's not some donkey to pin the tail on here, so let's drum up some non-story to assign as the rationale for her 11th hour tumble."

Regarding whistle blowers... I don't think Deep Throat would have been the decoy if his name was disclosed. The press added some spin of a mystery thriller there, but they didn't go on to talk about THAT more than the related scandal.

Even the New York Times' coverage of this presents the contents of the leak as a footnote to a larger story about the whistle blower. This is just plain weird.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Did she leak because she thought the NSA was going to bury the info? Or that Trump was going to block it getting investigated?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Did she leak because she thought the NSA was going to bury the info? Or that Trump was going to block it getting investigated?
    That's the magic question.

What was her intent? Hating Trump isn't intent.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    also, maybe not quite a smoking gun, but when combined with other evidence it could be crucial. And, there's some revelatory shit there that the public was not privy to in there, and that at least changes the public debate... or at least, it should.

It's becoming increasingly difficult for Trump's apologists to imply that Russia didn't even attempt to influence our election. It's becoming pretty undeniable, no matter how horribly Meghan Kelly fails to sap Putin for answers.

In other news, WSJ is reporting that Trump is proposing fitting The Wall with solar panels so that it pays for itself.
    I officially do not know what's real anymore.

HOLY SHIT!
    JEFF SESSIONS OFFERS TO RESIGN (apparently?!)?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-06-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    HOLY SHIT!
    JEFF SESSIONS OFFERS TO RESIGN (apparently?!)?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!
    No. In a heated argument sometime in the past he apparently offered it, most likely haphazardly, as a "what the hell do you want me to do, quit?!" kind of thing. Think House of Cards. From the articles I've read it doesn't sound like it was a cool, calculated, "I should resign" type of offer.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    No. In a heated argument sometime in the past he apparently offered it, most likely haphazardly, as a "what the hell do you want me to do, quit?!" kind of thing. Think House of Cards. From the articles I've read it doesn't sound like it was a cool, calculated, "I should resign" type of offer.
    Then NYTimes is fucking up big time with the coverage here...

It seems like this is borderline click-bait sensationalism, from the NYTimes, if your take is correct?

(Not doubting you, and it all seems so insane that I have no idea what's real anymore, but this is what I was skimming through earlier)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/u...T.nav=top-news
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-06-2017 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Welp, there it is: Truly the difference between a liberal and a conservative.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Welp, there it is: Truly the difference between a liberal and a conservative.
    "I do not support a livable wage"
    She's never had to work for minimum wage. God I hope she loses.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ...how on earth can you publicly state you DON'T support a livable wage? ...is this real? Are we all just plugged into the Matrix or something? The twilight zone? Year Zero...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Trump 2017: Year Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...how on earth can you publicly state you DON'T support a livable wage? ...is this real? Are we all just plugged into the Matrix or something? The twilight zone? Year Zero...
    i guess we just have been ignorant for too long. and weird, static memes (in their original meaning) took over. we all are responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

That's no summary, that's a space station.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Is it, though?

Look, I read it. I know that it shows Trump directly attempted to obstruct and mos def brought up things that would make anyone think he's up Russia's ass (the lady protests too much, methinks).

But then I remember the party before country repugnantcunts and I think, these greasy turds are going to continue shrugging their shoulders because they can't stop jerking off to taking away people's healthcare to spite the black guy president they hate so much.

And Trump named a guy who specializes in shielding rich people to head the FBI?! Because of course he did.

I'm convinced the only way to get any traction on the multitude of allegations is to vote these fucks out in 2018 and that'll be a fun task since you can assault a reporter and get elected the next day.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-07-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    Comey's account pretty much confirms what sources were saying it would claim, and then some. It's obviously inappropriate behavior, and it could be construed to be an attempt at obstructing justice, but it's probably not enough. Also, since Trump apparently ensured that these conversations were held in private (for obvious reasons), it will end up being a situation where it's his word vs Trump's, and Trump will lie.

The closest thing to a smoking gun here, at least in my eyes, is in how the account is corroborated in intent by the gaffe in Trump's interview with Lester Holt.

Maybe we can get the ball rolling and get Trump to lie under oath.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Maybe we can get the ball rolling and get Trump to lie under oath.
    Sadly, I doubt that we'll get Trump to testify under oath.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    yep. SAD!

also, this is awkward... they both sound like they need to check to make sure it's ok for them to testify. Coats looks terrified

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/stat...83529338216448

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Is it, though?
    I just meant for a summary it's pretty long. I think his summary of "Purple Cow" would be at least two paragraphs long.