Thread: Sigil 5: New HTDA speculations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Sigil 5: New HTDA speculations

Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    I'd like something along the lines of "Is Your Love Strong Enough" the dynamics of the vocals and music are incredible. Of course, How Long, A Drowning and Ice Age are good examples to go by. I don't mind the linear, noisier tracks, but I want an entire album using that epic-ness style.
    I really like that cover but Bryan Ferry would have to co-write for Sigil 5.

Edit: Trent (& co.) is seriously talented at covers, all the way back to Get Down Make Love. Considering the myriad bad covers out there in the world, this is another rare talent.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 09-26-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    I really like that cover but Bryan Ferry would have to co-write for Sigil 5.

Edit: Trent (& co.) is seriously talented at covers, all the way back to Get Down Make Love. Considering the myriad bad covers out there in the world, this is another rare talent.
    You know how bad his pre-NIN covers were though? English language version of Der Kommisar is the best worst thing

(also, Atticus' cover of Homicide with Error is phenomenal)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You know how bad his pre-NIN covers were though? English language version of Der Kommisar is the best worst thing

what? The eyes without a face cover is great

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

haha, I've tried to avoid as much pre-NIN Trent as possible, just out of an instinct for preserving my awe and ... after hearing this it seems like my instinct was correct!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

I can't help but like that cover. It's in my iTunes library and every once in a great while, it comes on randomly and makes me laugh, but I usually let it play all the way through. It's so cheesy and so '80s, but it's a guilty pleasure.