Thread: The Media, Fake News, Fox, CNN, MSNBC and any other media outlets, Trust No One

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    But CNN's coverage of the missing Malaysia flight was fucking ridiculous. WAVE PATTERN ANALYSIS.
    Yeah, that was hard to watch...

The thing with me I guess is that I filter through all my news. I'll flip through the NYtimes, LAtimes, WaPo, Politico, Propublica, WSJ, CNN... they all carry crap, but some are obviously more serious sources of news. I'll even flip through Fox if I have time, but it tends to piss me off. Sure, bias. There's an aspect to their bias that I find really obnoxious, but it helps to understand where "the other side" is coming from. I don't touch Breitbart though, fuck that poison.

I'll also listen to right wing talk radio in spurts when I'm driving around, but I can't handle it in traffic jams. It's confusing to try to figure out where everything started getting this insane. Someday, someone's going to figure that out, and it'll be turned into a book/epiphany. Until then, I've just been refining my filter... and that's the thing, I may make assumptions about the relative intelligence of people on the liberal side of things, but they seem to be, on a whole, more skeptical, critical thinkers. Of course, a ton of liberals are astoundingly stupid, and there's some smut-level internet spin drivel out there on both sides of the political aisle... it just seems like the crazy conspiracies about Republicans don't need to be fabricated.

Do I REALLY think there's a piss-tape with Donald Trump and Russian hookers? No. Would I say it's possible. Of course. If there's one thing this administration has brought to light, it's that nothing is impossible. If I wake up one day to the news that there's actually a video going viral where Donald Trump is begging Russian hookers to piss on his orange face, I will struggle not to watch it... but I think my response, at that point, is probably going to be "huh, no shit... well, I can't say I'm surprised."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I think this video does a great job of explaining wtf is going on with the news system.

I get most of my news from Dan Rather, Bill Maher, John Oliver, Washington Post, Politifacts, What the fuck Just Happened Today which aggregates top stories from different sources, google news, and a few others.
    Are those sources I just I listed biased, absolutely, but it's near impossible to find any news that doesn't have at least a little bias.
    It's the disingenuous and sensationalists news outlets that try to cover the fact that they are biased that I abhor, such as Fox News.
    In my opinion, those are not news stories but media, that have been feed and manufactured through a buzzword generator with the simple purpose to distract and misinform its viewers.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Internationally infamous fake-news writer Paul Horner dies in Phoenix

The part that made me laugh:
    Maricopa County Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Calbert Gillett told The Arizona Republic that Horner's death was still under investigation Monday and would not rule out foul play or impairment. He died in the Laveen area of southwest Phoenix.

Horner's brother, JJ, said in a Facebook post that Paul Horner died peacefully and in his sleep.
    Conspiracy theories inside of conspiracy theories.