Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: NIN store June 2017 reboot (Sandbag)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So, I think I deleted the shipping email by accident( thought I moved it to my receipt folder), can I have customer service send me another email?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So, I think I deleted the shipping email by accident( thought I moved it to my receipt folder), can I have customer service send me another email?
    This sounds like a question for customer service.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I guess I'm the first to receive Deviations?
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...d.php?p=358106

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Anyone from Canada get a mail yet?

I'm just sitting here waiting patiently

Nothing for me yet. Also waiting patiently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No mention of my object in the Deviations 1 shipping confirmation email. I know this should have been with me ages ago. Should I start to worry now?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    No mention of my object in the Deviations 1 shipping confirmation email. I know this should have been with me ages ago. Should I start to worry now?
    Open up a support ticket ASAP if you haven't already. Pretty much everyone has gotten theirs and the sooner you let them know, the more likely it is you'll get it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

NIN store June 2017 reboot (Sandbag)

My deviations went to my old address despite my husband updating it when we moved. My friend and old neighbor went and got it off the porch for me so I'm still able to get it. Hallelujah.

Edited to add: major fucking bummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    do you still get the hi res downloads instantly when ordering from the new store? I still need to order Broken and Downward Spiral but theres no mention at all now

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    do you still get the hi res downloads instantly when ordering from the new store? I still need to order Broken and Downward Spiral but theres no mention at all now
    I did

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Heads up: UK store now has stock of PRICK - PRICK LP - Limited Edition Color Vinyl £20

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    What kind of packaging are items coming from outside of the Deviations fiasco? Are they well-protected, or the same style of "cardboard mailer with no padding"? I'm seriously considering just cancelling my remaining preorders and waiting to buy the Definitive Editions from another place once they're available or reordering once it's clear these people have their shit figured out, especially after seeing that they've been overfunding people and then demanding the money back because of their mistake. I don't think I want to deal with the NIN store again unless if it's the only way to get something from now on. If the handling has been as subpar for everything else, I don't want to risk having to get replacements for everything.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    What kind of packaging are items coming from outside of the Deviations fiasco? Are they well-protected, or the same style of "cardboard mailer with no padding"? I'm seriously considering just cancelling my remaining preorders and waiting to buy the Definitive Editions from another place once they're available or reordering once it's clear these people have their shit figured out, especially after seeing that they've been overfunding people and then demanding the money back because of their mistake. I don't think I want to deal with the NIN store again unless if it's the only way to get something from now on. If the handling has been as subpar for everything else, I don't want to risk having to get replacements for everything.
    I ordered three non-Deviations vinyl items from Sandbag (USA): Prick, Hesitation Marks, and Ghosts. they were shipped with plastic bubble wrap around them and arrived un-damaged.
    Last edited by botley; 07-03-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I got my deviations vinyl... Halo thirty?

So is ntae 29?

Also didn't receive the numerous other vinyls I ordered, Broken, regular fragile, tds....

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I got my deviations vinyl... Halo thirty?

So is ntae 29?

Also didn't receive the numerous other vinyls I ordered, Broken, regular fragile, tds....
    Yes
    Yes
    They're not out yet

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Heads up: UK store now has stock of PRICK - PRICK LP - Limited Edition Color Vinyl £20
    Ordered instantly.
    Although it's a shame it doesn't include the digital files or even a download code.
    Hope Quake and Patriots Day vinyl come with a hi-res download, as usual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The following has been my experience with Sandbag so far:

Order #1: Of the six T-Shirts that I had ordered, two T-Shirts that I had received were incorrect SKUs. Specifically, I received the "BIRDSIDE WOMENS TEE" instead of the "BIRDSIDE TEE," and I received the "MACHINE T-SHIRT" instead of the "PRETTY HATE MACHINE 2010 T-SHIRT." Accordingly, I would assume that the orders are being fulfilled by sight and not by SKU number. It is also worth mentioning that it took approximately two weeks to get a reply from Sandbag as to where and how I should return the incorrect products. For those wondering, I need to pay extra for shipping to have the products returned -- no return shipping labels were provided like one would receive from amazon.com.

Order #2: Despite the "Fragile / Handle with care" sticker on the package's exterior, my DEVIATIONS 1 vinyl album cover arrived somewhat damaged. Three corners were rounded and one entire edge was bent, albeit not as badly as depicted in some of the photos shared here or in the DEVIATIONS 1 thread. As others have noted, I have never had a problem with previous vinyl record deliveries from nin.com (or the hundreds of vinyl record deliveries from amazon.com or other online retailers in the last decade), so the issue clearly needs to be rectified if NIN's commitment to vinyl also includes delivering undamaged vinyl records to customers.

Considering both of the above problems -- zero out of two expensive orders fulfilled correctly by Sandbag -- perhaps Trent should consider following Nike's recent decision and partner with amazon.com for shipping, logistics, and customer service.
    Last edited by rewritingyesterday; 07-04-2017 at 01:33 AM. Reason: to intend a pun

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have received a couple of orders from Sandbag: the Prick and Lost Highway Color LPs, and today Deviations. All 3 have arrived damaged. I asked them if they would continue using the same shipping cardboards. They replied: "Our packing methods have proven to be very successful in the past, however once the items are passed over the couriers then controlling the quality of your items becomes somewhat out of our control. We take great pride in delivering these bespoke items with the greatest amount of care possible, and will be sending you a replacement today which you should receive early next week. (Please note: Lost Highway is currently out of stock. Once this new stock arrives your order will be sent to you)."

In other words: Yes, we will continue to ship your NIN records in crappy packaging because it's cheaper and we don't want to spend an extra dollar for more substantial packaging. And its not our fault that you overpaid for shipping, only to have us ship it slow-ass Media Mail and get plenty of days to get damaged along the way. Once we ship it, it's up to your delivery people to handle it with white gloves. It's not OUR fault. And also, we will ship your replacement record TODAY which you will receive early next week! Please note that the record is out of stock and it won't actually ship today, nor will it arrive early next week...
    REALLY??????????
    If NIN doesn't change something soon, my pre-orders will be cancelled. Trent made such a fuzz about vinyl and nin.com delivers it without the least bit of care (contrary to their robo-e-mail-responses).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I bought a house and moved since I ordered my Deviations1. When I emailed the new store to make sure my package would go to the right address, they said "no problem". Well, of course, it went to my old address, I had to wait 3 more days, and pay like $3.86 cash to my mail carrier to get it. I really don't understand why its so hard to get stuff like this right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From past experience I knew straight away when Trent announced Sandbag were replacing Firebrand that they were far far worse

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I actually received a refund check in the mail yesterday, almost 3 weeks after I gave them my Paypal address. It sucks, because I want to support this, but I don't a) want to deal with somewhat damaged product or b) continue to wait another 1-3+ months for the rest of my order. I truly hope this gets better at some point.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I got a response from sandbag, I think they forgot about me because I replied to their automated email last night politely asking for an update.

"Hi Tony

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry to hear about the damage.

We will send out a replacement sleeve for your vinyl order in the next few days.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Louise, on behalf of the Customer Service team"

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    ...We will send out a replacement sleeve...
    As a collector, I will not be accepting a replacement sleeve alone. My intention is to have a sealed copy, in decent condition, on my wall with all of my other vinyl. There is no way after $80 and months of waiting I will settle for anything less.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think if you specify that you want a full replacement copy, they'll send it to you, but otherwise they'll default to sending a replacement sleeve. So you have to specify when you contact them.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Posted this in the bitching thread, but makes sense to post it here as well, since we're currently discussing replacements.

Actually got a reply today, they're going to send a new housing and wanted me to let them know if the vinyl themselves were also damaged. Torn between telling them yes and having a new thing sent to me that may require me to pay my own shipping to ship this one back, or telling them no and just keeping the vinyl I have. (edit: I have not opened the plastic wrap seal on my copy, so I don't know what shape my vinyl is in, I can only imagine from how far in the one corner dent goes that it has to be at least a little sad in there though)

Has anyone in the US opted for a full replacement? Are they making people ship their damaged copies back at our expense?
    I would like a complete mint in box copy, but don't want to 1) have to spend more money to ship this one back, especially with as heavy as it is and having already paid a lot for shipping to get it in the first place and 2) also wanted a complete mint in box still wrapped for collecting version, not a "I put the vinyl in this from another copy, and shoved the sticker from the plastic wrap inside the sleeve" version. This is the first collector edition NIN thing I've ever bought.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Still haven’t gotten a response from them shipping to my old address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Saw on reddit that a Canadian in Toronto has received TF1. No tracking/notification was sent, just randomly showed up. First time I've seen any info about this order entering the frozen wastes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I got a response from sandbag, I think they forgot about me because I replied to their automated email last night politely asking for an update.

"Hi Tony

Thank you for your email.

We are very sorry to hear about the damage.

We will send out a replacement sleeve for your vinyl order in the next few days.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Louise, on behalf of the Customer Service team"
    My email said the EXACT same thing. Now I'm worried that they've mixed up their Tonys.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    My email said the EXACT same thing. Now I'm worried that they've mixed up their Tonys.
    You're gonna get sent a box of dog shit because they're gonna think you're the douche tony lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    Saw on reddit that a Canadian in Toronto has received TF1. No tracking/notification was sent, just randomly showed up. First time I've seen any info about this order entering the frozen wastes.
    I'm in Toronto. I didn't get an email about shipment so I emailed Sandbag who gave me my tracking number. Currently my deviations 1 package is in the US.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Canadian here in Alberta. Mine showed up today and I didn't get any tracking info at all. Also showed up in perfect condition... For what it's worth...