Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandbag Watch - NIN and Sandbag part. Livenation picks up the pieces.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    And meanwhile Trent has 3 toddlers and an infant at home, 4 or 5 more releases coming out in a month, tour rehearsals, a wife and 2 more EPs of new music that he promised, one which should be coming out within the month. That's not counting piss breaks, gym time and other Trent things to keep him sane.

Man, someone tell the guy to slow down.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    New EP first please

Then slow down.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    SOMETHING was delivered to my old address (updated to new one long time ago) today
    Update myself: I was wrong, received Deviations LP package here at new address today, everything looks OK. Waiting at my old address must be something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So have finally had a response:-

'Thank you for your email.

Since our take over from Firebrand we have been dealing with a large number of backdated orders. As a result of these some orders are delayed, and in some instances we require more stock before we can ship your items to you.

We appreciate how frustrating this can be and for that we sincerely apologise, but rest assured we have your orders and we are doing our best to get your items to you as soon as possible.

Your patience and understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated'

Oh well, better than no response I suppose. Just checked and my original consignment number is now shown on the courier's system as not recognised as opposed to delayed. Oh well, it will arrive when it arrives....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfilian View Post
    Oh well, better than no response I suppose. Just checked and my original consignment number is now shown on the courier's system as not recognised as opposed to delayed. Oh well, it will arrive when it arrives....
    When did you order yours? Hopefully not last December!

Just looking for curiosity sakes on Ebay and the Physical Components for NTAE (which I ordered in Dec) are on sale for between £50 and £70GBP! I do hope mine arrives eventually in August. Perhaps he had to get more made due to demand. Don't want it to flog it, just want it to keep and display.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    When did you order yours? Hopefully not last December!

Just looking for curiosity sakes on Ebay and the Physical Components for NTAE (which I ordered in Dec) are on sale for between £50 and £70GBP! I do hope mine arrives eventually in August. Perhaps he had to get more made due to demand. Don't want it to flog it, just want it to keep and display.
    Funny you should say that! Yep last December. The 17th to be precise. Was that the first day this set was announced? I know I was in fairly quickly. Obviously they don't operate a first come, first served policy!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My order was on 16 Dec 2016, so just sneaked in ahead of you! I then placed a second order on the 22nd, non of which I have received. The order number indicated that the number of orders had increased by 2100 by that time so it give you some perspective on the mountain that must be facing the distribution company!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Woke up this morning to a surprising email from Sandbag about shipping me a replacement sleeve:

Hi Christopher

We are very sorry to hear about the damage.

A replacement sleeve will be sent out to you week commencing 17th July.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Alessia on behalf of the Customer Service team

Interesting that it'll be shipped out the week of the 17th. Makes me wonder how they will get it here in one piece without the risk of more damage. Also, like other posters have mentioned, I'm beginning to wonder if this was even a Sandbag mistake and not a firebrand issue that Sandbag inherited. Sandbag's customer service leaves a lot to be desired but I don't know if I feel comfortable anymore with just blaming the whole fiasco on Sandbag.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Woke up this morning to a surprising email from Sandbag about shipping me a replacement sleeve:
    Just received the same one... but less than 24h later as promised

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    GREAT SUCCESS!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    GREAT SUCCESS!

Thats pretty impressive! I hope it works out well for you and you get your new copy with no damage! Maybe I should have asked for a whole new copy, but I didnt because my LPs played flawlessly. Did you have issues with yours?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I apologize if it's been discussed in detail somewhere, but has anyone who made a purchase through the "old" store tried to cancel their orders (sandbag help desk) and actually get a refund? I've been sending emails and info to numerous places for almost 2 weeks trying to cancel one order and get a refund with no luck other than one automated response

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    I apologize if it's been discussed in detail somewhere, but has anyone who made a purchase through the "old" store tried to cancel their orders (sandbag help desk) and actually get a refund? I've been sending emails and info to numerous places for almost 2 weeks trying to cancel one order and get a refund with no luck other than one automated response
    I'm pretty sure someone here got theirs and it was in the wrong amount and Sandbag then put the responsibility on them to fix it. I requested a refund yesterday and am just expecting to not even get it and end up dealing with whatever shitshow the DE release causes.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    It took 3 weeks or so, but I received cheques in the mail. They quickly responded to my initial email (which was before the shipment issues for everyone) and others after. In recent emails they said they're overwhelmed with NIN requests right now, so expect delays.
    Last edited by blassster; 07-07-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally got mine. Pretty much mint on the outside. Didn't open it just yet. No damaged corners. A very, very slight bend at the bottom of the spine but I'm talking microscopic.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    "Thank you for your email.

A whole replacement will be sent out to you by the end of July.

Apologies for the inconvenience. "

So, there's that. (emphasis by me)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    "Thank you for your email.

A whole replacement will be sent out to you by the end of July.

Apologies for the inconvenience. "

So, there's that. (emphasis by me)
    How bad was yours that you needed a full replacement?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    How bad was yours that you needed a full replacement?
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...615#post358615

I simply stated that the damage would indicate that the vinyl itself may have been damaged, and that I purchased this item as a collector's item, not as something that I have to combine parts from multiple orders to make a complete copy of. Because it's fucking true, even those who plan on listening to this vinyl every day for the rest of their lives, we ordered a collector's item.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I agree with you, was just curious. The points you made are all good ones.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Something to say, Tony?

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    So does Trent's Insta photo of Fragile Definitive prove that the vinyl packages were in fact not fuckered up prior to Sandshit delivering them in subpar packing? I find it hard to believe he'd be online touting something that was by and large damaged before it even got put in a box for delivery..

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    So does Trent's Insta photo of Fragile Definitive prove that the vinyl packages were in fact not fuckered up prior to Sandshit delivering them in subpar packing? I find it hard to believe he'd be online touting something that was by and large damaged before it even got put in a box for delivery..
    He found the one that's not damaged.

Or he took a picture of the corner that wasn't damaged.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Something to say, Tony?
    Shit that was on accident, my bad lol

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    The Fragile Definitive Edition is what's pictured in the Instagram post, not Deviations 1. Totally different release, and one that has not even been shipped yet. Or HAS IT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    I'm stuck in the same boat with my second order. I've tried contacting them last week Thursday about that and my damaged copy that I've received. No response.

I've tried responding to the automated message...no response in over 24h to that either.

Does anyone have a phone number? Or has anyone pressured them on Twitter? I'm starting to get really pissed off.
    I finally got a response from them and it was, "Can you send us the tracking number?" Are you fucking kidding me? It's been 2 full weeks since USPS got their pre-shipment info and my tracking still hasn't updated and I still haven't gotten anything remotely resembling a resolution from Sandbag.. I'm tempted to place another order just to see what happens.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    The album I was referring to was Deviations not The Fragile
    JLYA is virtually identical. Many of the others are exactly the same tracks with the vocals stripped. My point stands.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    JLYA is virtually identical. Many of the others are exactly the same tracks with the vocals stripped. My point stands.
    But it's still wrong. This is a niche product that nobody outside of the hardcore will care about at all.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    But it's still wrong. This is a niche product that nobody outside of the hardcore will care about at all.
    I think the context is missing here. JLYA was used in a film trailer, and various other songs were used in other films and television media. That person claimed the songs were too niche to be used in any visual entertainment, yet we can plainly see that that is not the case. Ultimately, the Deviations versions are still basically the same songs aside from very minor differences (such as missing a tiny static sound or having their vocals removed).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    I think the context is missing here. JLYA was used in a film trailer, and various other songs were used in other films and television media. That person claimed the songs were too niche to be used in any visual entertainment, yet we can plainly see that that is not the case. Ultimately, the Deviations versions are still basically the same songs aside from very minor differences (such as missing a tiny static sound or having their vocals removed).
    Im not commenting further other than to say you're playing semantics and missing the point entirely

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Im not commenting further other than to say you're playing semantics and missing the point entirely
    I don't understand why this is an argument at all. The songs have clearly been used before in movies, trailers, and television programmes. I must have completely lost the plot here. Either I'm insane or the world is insane.