Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I'd love that but I also wonder if it's too far gone. The addition of Stories was annoying but it grew on me. But the new TikTok imitation is fucking horrific. I used to troll the search page and it was actually pretty well curated to my interests. But after Reels became a thing it's completely useless. And half the Reels are just TikToks posted on IG...with the goddamn logo on it and everything. I fuckin hate it.
Oh yes i completely agree, Reels is just TikTok (and i have no time for tiktok, nothing against "the kids" but everything on there is just lip syncing or really bad comedy, i've only ever seen a half dozen that were actually OK. It's like they saw vines and just took all the least talented people from that and made a new thing!) It's possible they could separate, but we don't know how far FB had it's claws into Instas roots. FB's algorithms have made it SO difficult to get your content actually seen by anyone...but that's an issue on all the socials i've seen, even Deviant Art!