Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    You wait 8 minutes each time? That's some self control there
    Every 8 minutes on my computer, every 3 minutes on my iPad and...well, I built an app to make my phone shit itself every time the site is updated, so...yes.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I hope the trilogy of EPs will just stay as it is - a trilogy, without an album that combines all or some songs from it. Although my main concern is that it will fuck up lastfm scrobbling stats.
    We've already had this with An Omen/Welcome Oblivion, please no more.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Although my main concern is that it will fuck up lastfm scrobbling stats.
    We've already had this with An Omen/Welcome Oblivion, please no more.
    Hah, glad I'm not the only one who gets uptight about that kind of thing! Though stuff like that is at least partially why I wrote my own personal audioscrobbler/last.fm replacement. Still, even that isn't as bad as the fact that I've got like three subtly-differently-tagged TDSes lying around (TDS, TDS DE, TDS (2017 Definitive Edition)). And the Audiophile Hesitation Marks, etc... Though I suppose at least those collapse into the same album on last.fm.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    We're assuming it's the title- not necessarily that it's the album artwork.
    Also, look at that fourth to last letter. Very unlikely it's anything other than an E.
    Trent already did that game for Y0 (and I was the only one to nail Capital G haha) whatever that shirt is, it must be a hint, otherwise it would be even weirder to have only one hint and nothing more...

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Still, even that isn't as bad as the fact that I've got like three subtly-differently-tagged TDSes lying around (TDS, TDS DE, TDS (2017 Definitive Edition)). And the Audiophile Hesitation Marks, etc... Though I suppose at least those collapse into the same album on last.fm.
    I believe all of those you mentioned are currently scrobbled independently, according to what you have in your tags. In my opinion, redirecting multiple versions of the same album to a single item would be wrong due to different tracklistings on some of them. If they should do it, they should do it for track/album combo instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Everyday is exactly the same...give us somethin Trent! Preferably EP2, but I'd take a pre-order link to buy EP2 on Friday!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I believe all of those you mentioned are currently scrobbled independently, according to what you have in your tags. In my opinion, redirecting multiple versions of the same album to a single item would be wrong due to different tracklistings on some of them. If they should do it, they should do it for track/album combo instead.
    Yeah, you're probably right there - I haven't actually paid that much attention to my last.fm stats since writing my own music tracker that I had more direct control over.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post
    Everyday is exactly the same...give us somethin Trent! Preferably EP2, but I'd take a pre-order link to buy EP2 on Friday!
    Amen. This is the most antsy I've felt in a long time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would've put money on today being the day but my hopes are fading....fading....RISING...fading...gone.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I would've put money on today being the day but my hopes are fading....fading....RISING...fading...gone.
    Just out of curiosity why today? I would say Friday for announcement, next Friday for release but released a day early on Thursday and next year at this time we will still be waiting for the vinyls.

(the next year part is an exaggeration but I stand by the rest)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Friday is most likely the day. That's when new music gets released these days. Then again, they may decide to drop it in the middle of the night when no one is looking.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is it "NEXT WEEK" yet?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Come, family. Sit in the snow with daddy and let us all bask in NIN's warm glowing warming glow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Just out of curiosity why today?
    It was just a hunch that led me astray. My next guess is Thursday.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I agree that it'll probably be Friday. I kind of doubt he'd say "NEXT WEEK" only to wait a week and say "The new EP comes out next week!" That would almost be cruel.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    But friday is national day and trump is here...
    no, not related to anything

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    But friday is national day and trump is here...
    no, not related to anything
    I told you that's a Trump/pence shirt in the picture

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Maybe he will put up a teaser video of one track with preorder info tomorrow for purchase on Friday. I think he will give people a week for new music to sink in before the first festival show

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Maybe he will put up a teaser video of one track with preorder info tomorrow for purchase on Friday. I think he will give people a week for new music to sink in before the first festival show
    A number of hesitation marks songs were heard live before studio versions.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Same with songs from With Teeth, quite a few could be heard on bootlegs before the album came out. Songs premiering live before their official recorded version's release isn't anything particularly new for NIN. But Trent's email stating that EP #2 would be released "before the first shows" of their planned tour dates indicates that won't be the case this time around. Unless they play some songs from EP #3, anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    Same with songs from With Teeth, quite a few could be heard on bootlegs before the album came out.
    When did this happen? Think every show is documented.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I think the only things we heard before the WT release were studio versions of THTF, TLBTB and Getting Smaller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I think the only things we heard before the WT release were studio versions of THTF, TLBTB and Getting Smaller.
    You are wrong there was the club tour prior to release, I know in London over the two nights we got love is not enough, part of beside you in time, the collector, you know what you are, home, the line begins to blur, the hand that feeds, with teeth. And I had already most of those songs on bootlegs prior to the london show.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    yep, maybe a fourth one

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Here's a full list of early debuts.

Down in It, Sanctified, That's What I Get, The Only Time, Ringfinger (Twist) were played in 1988, a year before PHM.
    Get Down Make Love played in 1989, year before Sin single.
    Suck played in 1990/91, Wish and Physical in 1991.
    Burn was premiered live a few weeks ahead of NBK soundtrack release. No idea if it had airplay by then.
    The Fragile played at MTV VMA a few weeks before Halo 14 release.
    THTF, TLBTB, WT, Love Is not Enough, The Collector, Home, Getting Smaller, BYIT (intro version) were all played at WT warm up shows before album's release. THTF was already played on the radio before these shows and the music video was posted on nin.com. TLBTB and Getting Smaller also leaked online before the tour.
    Not So Pretty Now & Non-Entity - you all know the story. Both debuted in 2005 (studio versions released in 2009).
    Survivalism and TBOTE were played on Performance 2007 tour way before YZ release. Survivalism was already played on the radio by the time of its live debut.
    Came Back Haunted, Find My Way, Disappointed, Copy of A were played on 2013 Festivals tour before HM release. CBH was already released as a single before the tour.

I believe that's it.
    Last edited by fillow; 07-12-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Hadn't WT leaked though before those tracks were played?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    THTF, TLBTB, and Getting Smaller were the only studio cuts we heard before the album came out (or before it leaked), but Love Is Not Enough, You Know What You Are?, The Collector, and With Teeth were all performed live well before anyone heard studio versions, as early at the first show of the With Teeth lineup in Fresno CA. Definitely well before the album leaked.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 07-12-2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: responses while I was writing!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Here's a full list of early debuts.
    Hey, pal, get out of here with your facts and research and knowledge. This is the internet; we don't serve your kind here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The first thing we heard from WT was a clip of the WT-style logo and a snippet of BYIT. I remember that because I played that thing a million times.

I heard WT and YZ at record company sponsored listening parties in Dallas. There were a couple hundred folks at each one and everyone just sat there in silence listening and applauding between songs. It was weird, but pretty cool.
    Last edited by ultimatebdp; 07-12-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I remember getting a bootleg with most the new WT songs at Camden Market months before WT eventually came out, pretty sure i still have it. Also remember XFM (back when Zane Lowe was a DJ there) had a week of playing a different track EV-ERYYYY-DAY (Sorry) a few weeks before the album launched here in the UK.