Thread: 2017.07.19 - Bakersfield, CA @ Rabobank Arena

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    This better not be one of those shows where they play 4 or 5 songs and get "interrupted" and ushered off stage and the show ends early. All this buzz about a new ARG and add violence being a YZ tie in has me worried, lol.

Would explain the cheap ticket price.

While I think most of us would eat that up, I think the "casual(?)" fan would freak out and not care about the back story. I truly think its a rehearsal show, and the only reason its not in LA is (in my opinion) some sort of clause stopping them from playing a show within 100 miles of FYF fest so they dont kill ticket sales. Exposition Park is 115 miles from Rabobank Arena. I can't think of any other reason TR would want to leave the west side and go to Bakersfield, unless its the only place they can have for an extended period of time to run tech rehearsals leading up to their festival shows.

Someone earlier claimed the low number of tix sold for the show. I think there is some truth to that, the stage is in the center of the floor, and they only sold half of the lower bowl and part of the floor as reflected in the stubhub listings....

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

2017.07.19 - Bakersfield, CA @ Rabobank Arena

Quote Originally Posted by psus2h View Post
    I truly think its a rehearsal show, and the only reason its not in LA is (in my opinion) some sort of clause stopping them from playing a show within 100 miles of FYF fest so they dont kill ticket sales. Exposition Park is 115 miles from Rabobank Arena. I can't think of any other reason TR would want to leave the west side and go to Bakersfield, unless its the only place they can have for an extended period of time to run tech rehearsals leading up to their festival shows.
    That's possible, but I think it's more to do with (1) being able to find a decent sized venue on very short notice (assuming this wasn't planned all along) and (2) playing somewhere where you know you're only getting serious fans. Playing in the middle of nowhere, largely for people who had early access codes, ensures it'll be more of an intimate fan/family/close-knit show. If they fuck up, it's fine, because we won't be judgy like a festival crowd. Moreover, from their perspective, it gives them a chance to be the band people came to see, rather than festivals, where half or more of the audience might just be hanging around to see what all the fuss is about.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 07-18-2017 at 08:42 AM.