Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    This is now my biggest fear, ever, in life
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Yeah, as someone who can only carpool/bus/fly out to NIN shows, "order at the venue" does not work for me. I think the closest venue I've seen NIN would be Erie, over 100 miles away.

I guess that $15 convenience fee per ticket aint so bad eh
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 05-02-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    The only show like that I've ever gone to was Tool in 2001 at a pre-tour small venue Lateralus release party type show. Tickets were only available in-person at TM vendors and on the phone (both of which were futile). Ended up having to use eBay and meet some guy in a Target parking lot to exchange cash for substantially marked up tickets. Super not looking forward to going through all that again..
    this....sounds amazing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    My first gig was 1988 to see Iron Maiden at Wembley Arena, spent at least 5 hours on the phone to the venue. After this my sister lived in London and could get to the venues generally to buy at the box office. If we saw a show up North we could easily get to Manchester or Liverpool. But it was by phone mostly. To be fair that’s how my friend scored front row at Meltdown so not complaining, it’s weird to go back to getting tickets by phone

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The thought of trying to get from Pasadena to any of the LA venues to buy tickets, especially on a weekday, sounds like all kinds of anxiety.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Just curious, how cheap/expensive are domestic flights in US?
    Let's say you're in Detroit and want to catch a show 1,000 miles away (New Orleans, Dallas etc). This is roughly the trip I'm undertaking to catch the Amsterdam show. How much would it cost?
    it depends on where you're flying to and from, airline, how far out you're booking, what website you use to book. there are so many variables it's insane. i wish there was a standardized system like
    - number of miles you're flying
    - how nice your seat is
    - what time the flight is
    and that's all that impacted the price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got a one way ticket from one air port and a one way flying home to a different air port. Only way to keep it cost effective and fit in my times that I could go. Lucky I have people who will drive the 6 hours to and from the airports to pick me up, it cost me 80 to get to vegas and 120 coming home. 2 different airports from and back to missouri.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 05-02-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I once paid $350 for a round trip ticket to London from LAX and $90 from London to Paris to see NIN. I’ve paid more now just traveling between states.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Re: flights, I think I'm paying around $350-400 for my flight to Vegas and back, flying in Tuesday and out Friday, taking the cheapest red-eye flights available. Makes me wish I could have done more than one show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So, just to sum up the rumors....

May 10 - tour announcement
    May 19 - on sale dates
    May 24 - on sale dates

October 19 & October 20 @ The Wang, Boston

TBD @ Orpheum theatre, Memphis

...and getting tickets might require standing inline at desired venue all day long.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If these dates actually end up being "tickets available at the venue only", as some kind of absurd "experience" experiment, it will accomplish two things. It will make fans really upset, understandably so, and it will make Trent look like an out-of-touch asshole who expects his fans to make excessive and frankly humiliating displays of loyalty. In this day and age, with the world we live in, disregarding the time and money of your fans is as shitty a look as it ever was. Oh, you want the tickets to be for locals? Well if they have jobs - you know, like people need to in order to afford tickets in the first place - this arrangement fucking sucks for them.

I get that Trent likes pushing the whole "experience" angle but punishing anyone who doesn't have the option of waiting in line all day for concert tickets is such a colossally horrible idea and I will stressed as fuck about even the prospect of this until any announcement comes.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @Deacon Blackfire spot fucking on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hey everyone, relax about the ticket thing. It's not 1999. There's no way that will be the case for a single show let alone an entire tour.

I could see a VIP experience or something being sold in that manner, but not thousands of individual tickets. Not a chance. Just chill, it'll be fine!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    Let's hope it's miscommunication. It's possible the person meant that tickets will be "will call only."
    this IS possible...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    So, just to sum up the rumors....

May 10 - tour announcement
    May 19 - on sale dates
    May 24 - on sale dates

October 19 & October 20 @ The Wang, Boston

TBD @ Orpheum theatre, Memphis

...and getting tickets might require standing inline at desired venue all day long.
    What was the source of the Memphis rumor?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    What was the source of the Memphis rumor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Just got a call from a friend from a local radio station. Apparently this is in the works... Small venue here in town. Same venue Puscifer has played.

Might be false but very very credible source ...looks like the announcement is coming mid-May and the tour will be this Fall.

Feel free to ban me if I am wrong. #LoveYouAll
    Reznor2112 is in Memphis.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Reznor2112 is in Memphis.
    Ohh, thanks! I thought he was in Boston. Hope that pans out as I'm in Nashville. Better yet I wish they'd play The Ryman...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Really hoping the rumor about the tickets is not true. That would be a very shitty thing to do for those of us that like to travel to shows.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Super late to this discussion and went back a few pages ... but it's seemingly like there's no probable arena tour this year?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Super late to this discussion and went back a few pages ... but it's seemingly like there's no probable arena tour this year?
    Thankfully, no.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Thankfully, no.
    Hrmm. While I'm all for more intimate shows, it's not like the theatre shows so far have had that much of variety in between each setlist and unless there's a huge amount of dates planned ... arena tours usually allow people in a lot more cities to get to experience the band as opposed to only certain ones. Plus this also means cutting down half the attendance because of the smaller venue.

I'm game for whatever comes our way possibly next week and I've only seen NIN in arena type settings so I'm welcoming a change, but it'll be down to the wire for a lot of fans unfortunately. Oh well.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Hrmm. While I'm all for more intimate shows, it's not like the theatre shows so far have had that much of variety in between each setlist and unless there's a huge amount of dates planned ... arena tours usually allow people in a lot more cities to get to experience the band as opposed to only certain ones. Plus this also means cutting down half the attendance because of the smaller venue.

I'm game for whatever comes our way possibly next week and I've only seen NIN in arena type settings so I'm welcoming a change, but it'll be down to the wire for a lot of fans unfortunately. Oh well.

I wouldn't be surprised if, because of Trent's wanting to do fewer shows more often, there's a club/theater NA(or just US) tour this fall/winter covering one or two dozen shows, and NA arena tour next year.
    You never really know with him, though.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if, because of Trent's wanting to do fewer shows more often, there's a club/theater NA(or just US) tour this fall/winter covering one or two dozen shows, and NA arena tour next year.
    You never really know with him, though.
    Yeah. Good point.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Just going by the current rumored dates... Double dates in the same city/venue (Boston) = guaranteed setlist variety.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Counterpoint: They did an arena tour in 2013, an amphitheater tour in 2014, and a handful of fests in 2017...time for something different. A theater tour is a nice compromise of intimacy while not limiting the capacity to 300-400.

Going a step further, I think this version of the band is better suited to smaller venues.

As for setlist variety, I'd argue the current iteration (assuming they stick with the minimalist set design) allows for more variation because they aren't bound to the rigidity of a canned digital show.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Counterpoint: They did an arena tour in 2013, an amphitheater tour in 2014, and a handful of fests in 2017...time for something different. A theater tour is a nice compromise of intimacy while not limiting the capacity to 300-400.

Going a step further, I think this version of the band is better suited to smaller venues.

As for setlist variety, I'd argue the current iteration (assuming they stick with the minimalist set design) allows for more variation because they aren't bound to the rigidity of a canned digital show.
    All valid points! Over the course of the last few years, there has been plenty of chances to see the band ... but generally I always think that when promoting new material, it's been within an arena capacity. I guess except for Year Zero in 2007? ... but even that was followed by the 2008 arena tour which then promoted two more albums in Ghosts and the Slip.

I think what's just been a little disappointing so far set wise for these shows is that it hasn't really offered up too much variety (besides I think like a song or two) from what people are going to be seeing the next night at the festival. You're right, the downfall with such a heavy production show is that it makes for an immensely static set from night to night. Here's hoping they keep the set minimal and allow for changing things up from city to city!

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)

"something different for who? " is the thing.
    I don't have the money to travel 1000 fucking miles and book a hotel for a show.

It'd be damn cool if I had a bunch of money or didn't live in the southwest or if my wife and I had stayed in TN (the original plan.)

But I live in part of what is probably the most desolate region in the country: the planes that go from the very top of Texas all the way up to the dakotas.

I've been praying for a red rocks show; Denver is only 5 hours from here and I'm due to visit my brother up there.

But fuck it I guess.

And for the record, I'm really happy for you guys who will be catching these shows. I understand that these type of venues are badass. I just wish I could see NIN again while I'm still SORT of young, ha.
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-04-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    "something different for who? " is the thing.
    I don't have the money to travel 1000 fucking miles and book a hotel for a show.

It'd be damn cool if I had a bunch of money or didn't live in the southwest or if my wife and I had stayed in TN (the original plan.)

But I live in part of what is probably the most desolate region in the country: the planes that go from the very top of Texas all the way up to the dakotas.

I've been praying for a red rocks show; Denver is only 5 hours from here and I'm due to visit my brother up there.

But fuck it I guess.

And for the record, I'm really happy for you guys who will be catching these shows. I understand that these type of venues are badass. I just wish I could see NIN.
    I can’t imagine how difficult that would be in terms of being able to see your favorite bands. I’m incredibly lucky in that respect, being in the LA area. I always have plenty of options.

However, I do have to suffer LA people, traffic. and constant sunshine

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I can’t imagine how difficult that would be in terms of being able to see your favorite bands. I’m incredibly lucky in that respect, being in the LA area. I always have plenty of options.

However, I do have to suffer LA people, traffic. and constant sunshine
    Luckily I spent most of my life in dallas and have seen my favorite bands plenty of times.
    But yeah, in the last 6 years, I've seen Old 97s in Denver and Old 97s one of the two times they came to Amarillo (which they will probably never do again.)

I just do the sour grapes thing: "tickets are too expensive. They use too many backing tracks these days. I'm too old for it anyway. "
    This is how I avoid becoming insanely upset about it
    Last edited by elevenism; 05-04-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Luckily I spent most of my life in dallas and have seen my favorite bands plenty of times.
    But yeah, in the last 6 years, I've seen Old 97s in Denver and Old 97s the (probably only time) they came to Amarillo.

I just do the sour grapes thing: "tickets are too expensive. They use too many backing tracks these days. I'm too old for it anyway. "
    This is how I avoid becoming insanely upset about it
    Oh! I can give you a few more! People talk constantly during shows and when you ask them to go talk at the bar or somewhere else they get irrationally angry. Dude I didn’t spend $100 on my ticket to hear about your damn cab ride here, asshole. If you cant stfu for a two hour show you are the bane of my existence. Also, I have beer spilled on me constantly. And! Parking is always like 20-30 bucks. And people will scream-sing Hurt like they wrote the damn thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Thankfully, no.
    Yeah, because this two year run of shitty festivals is just to die for.

::eye roll::