Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I guess it's never been played but Underneath It All would make a great, intense, brief closing song that could mirror the short possible opening song Branches/Bones.

As far as a downtempo, downbeat closer, what about Right Where It Belongs?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Give me "Closer to God" on this tour, please...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post

i will lose my shit if closer to god is played on one of the chicago dates. also i need somewhat damaged.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I'm with you!

I would love for them to bring back the Further Down the Spiral version of Piggy in the (Nothing Can Stop Me Now) mix. Saw that in 2009 on the NIN|JA tour and it was awesome.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    I wanna hear them bust out the Alt. mix of "Hearts Filthy Lesson" (originally by TR and Dave Ogilvie with Vrenna et cetera).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Do you expect a new mix song as In this twilight with zero sum, closer/only time , Sanctified/sunspots in this tour?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'd like it if they did no covers, they have so many original songs that never get live play or don't get enough of it that to take up a slot in what are typically only 90 minute slots with someone else's song can feel like a lost opportunity. The I Can't Give Everything Away cover was a special thing and beautiful, but that's a rare exception. Unless if it's some special tribute along those lines or having a guest appearance like Gary Numan, I'll always prefer they stick to original material.

All I hope for realistically is that they are looser with setlists this year (as opposed to how rigid they got in 2014 once they came back from Europe) and that we see a few surprises/rarities or debuts pop up. They have such an extensive back catalog and so many songs that fans love, since they won't have to cater to the festival market and these shows will be more diehard affairs than big arena crowds I don't see why they wouldn't change things up a bit. I can't imagine that it's fun to have to do the same set every single night.

If we're talking about things we really hope to see that are totally unrealistic, I know it'll never happen but if they busted out Demon Seed, 10 Miles High or Underneath It All, my head would explode.

If they use any song from With Teeth to end a show I want it to be Right Where It Belongs, a song that really, really needs to make a comeback this year, preferably at a show I'm going to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What about end a show with leaving hope?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think this tour is going to be like wave goodbye tour from 2009
    Every night a different setlist, rare songs, and for me this is perfect, i really want to see Nin with a super production as Lights in the sky, Fragile, Tension tour, but wave goodbye tour had really great things and if this tour is similar for me is perfect , Nin has so many songs that need to be played more

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    I think this tour is going to be like wave goodbye tour from 2009
    Every night a different setlist, rare songs, and for me this is perfect, i really want to see Nin with a super production as Lights in the sky, Fragile, Tension tour, but wave goodbye tour had really great things and if this tour is similar for me is perfect , Nin has so many songs that need to be played more
    Then they need to start with the rehearsals asap. Still 2 weeks to go. Looking at the social media I don't see any movement... I hope you're right, but I don't think so.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Then they need to start with the rehearsals asap. Still 2 weeks to go. Looking at the social media I don't see any movement... I hope you're right, but I don't think so.
    They've probably been rehearsing for a while. They don't need to post it on social media. Why would they???

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, Louder than Life is 90 minutes away and I have money and personal time, so I'm going. That will be 3 NIN shows for me. It's a testament to how far I've come as well as just a lot to look forward to in a few months. I have squeezed in 2 shows in one year only a couple times in my life. Plus, I'm going to do 2 different cities right in a row. Hope I don't fall down the day after.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I didn't say they have to post things consciously on social media. I meant to say, normally (looking at the past) you see pass pics from the band members that there's something going on. Your first line confirms that there won't be a big change from the setlist they played during the festivals last year.
    But, again, I hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I want them to bust out some neat rarities and fan favorites, naturally. Everyone has their own wishlist, and I would lose my shit if anything like Happiness In Slavery, 10 Miles High, And All That Could Have Been, Sunspots, and or Demon Seed makes an appearance. Between the schedule of back-to-back shows at venues affording the room for variation and the whole in-person presale pulling out so many diehard attendees, one would hope that they'll be able to put more focus on what's interesting and exciting to them, personally, now that they don't have to be occupied with managing the expectations of a festival audience.

But whether or not they delve into bolstering the setlists with that kind of material (and whether or not Trent holds to the "don't play the song I named the tour after" trend), my main hope is that a lot of songs from the new record trilogy are performed. New songs generally made up about less than a quarter of the 2017 festival shows. Hopefully that percentage increases by a great deal and Not The Actual Events, Add Violence, and Bad Witch all see a great deal of representation, especially since (as previously mentioned) consecutive shows at venues gives ample room to switch up night to night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Alessandro posted pics of his new touring rig last Sunday.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Louder Than Life line up announced. I think Trent made sure all the good acts were on NIN daye.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    That's the worst festival lineup I've ever seen. Do people who want to see Seether, Five Finger Death Punch, and Shinedown even like Nine Inch Nails?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    That's the worst festival lineup I've ever seen. Do people who want to see Seether, Five Finger Death Punch, and Shinedown even like Nine Inch Nails?
    The short answer is yes. People who like nine inch nails like other music beside nine inch nails.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    The short answer is yes. People who like nine inch nails like other music beside nine inch nails.
    I wasn't trying to be dismissive of their taste, I just genuinely don't know anyone that likes those bands who also likes NIN. Almost all of them that like one of those bands like the rest, but not one person I know likes them and NIN.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I don't know why, but having the band listed as...

NINE
    INCN NAILS

...is really fucking weird looking.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Limp Bizkit is still a thing in 2018? Why?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Limp Bizkit is still a thing in 2018? Why?
    Im not surprised they’re “a thing”- they were really damn popular for a few years, and nostalgia can be a helluva drug. What I am shocked at is they appear to be on before the headliner. That Friday lineup is pretty cheesy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Im not surprised they’re “a thing”- they were really damn popular for a few years, and nostalgia can be a helluva drug. What I am shocked at is they appear to be on before the headliner. That Friday lineup is pretty cheesy.
    They've been popular for the last few years? Seriously?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    They've been popular for the last few years? Seriously?
    “A few years”. Comprehension my friend- I didn’t even edit it! :P

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    “A few years”. Comprehension my friend- I didn’t even edit it! :P
    Oh, I'm sorry. I misread it. That shit happens to me. I'm baffled into who wants to see that lame-ass group with little-to-no-talent.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I would only go to that festival on Sunday. Deftones, NIN & Ice Cube is a killer 1-2-3 punch.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Lineups like that make me so grateful that they’re doing more headlining shows than festivals this year

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I had to get through Solange before NIN last year - I’d definitely take Deftones over that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I had to get through Solange before NIN last year - I’d definitely take Deftones over that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You shut your mouth when talking about Solange.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Wow, Made in America lineup just went up, no NIN. I figured that was why no Philly date for the club/theater tour. So weird that there's NO show in PA.