Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    man, if only there were some kind of site we could use to collate and track all this information.. like, some kind of wiki

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    I don't think it was posted here, http://www.sotirivol.com/ this was registered yesterday.
    4 pages ago and also in other thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The NTAE physical component must hold a clue.

Now I keep thinking, the physical component was made to be messy, a pain in the ass to deal with on purpose, so we look once and put it away, not knowing it holds a clue. I know people framed them so thought must've been put into that. It's small or light sensitive....something. I can't get that out of my head....they made it messy on purpose to distract or deter.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d-signet View Post
    The detuned piano at the start of This Isn't The Place....

That's got to be Morse code, right?

Long and short notes

The pattern starts with : --. --- -

Which is GOT in morse

Next bit is trickier, but could certainly be translated to OUT

I'm on shitty laptop speakers , 2gb ram, and free software , but if anybody else wants to clear it up a little and see if they agree?
    Keep doing this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The detuned piano at the start of This Isn't The Place....

That's got to be Morse code, right?

Long and short notes

The pattern starts with : --. --- -

Which is GOT in morse

Next bit is trickier, but could certainly be translated to OUT

I'm on shitty laptop speakers , 2gb ram, and free software , but if anybody else wants to clear it up a little and see if they agree?
    Ugh I can't make it out on this crap computer here at work. I can make out some of the sections but not others; doesn't help that I have hearing loss, but I'll try. I knew that HAM Radio license would come in handy someday! (Duh, it has before.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaTorpedo View Post
    the teardrop shaped knobs may be either Raytheon teardrop knobs off of a potentiometer, or they could be generic vintage bakelight style knobs like you find on ham radios and whatnot.
    The teardrop knobs and style used for their indicators appear on vintage US military/NASA control panels.

https://farm1.static.flickr.com/768/...37994d57_b.jpg
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...orks_panel.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would appreciate somebody else trying. I don't want to find myself looking for patterns where there are none.

Easy to do, especially in this scenario.

Oh man, with the YZ ARG I had a super-fast PC with soundbooth so I could clean up this sort of stuff in seconds. It's taken me 45 mins just to get an mp3 loaded into audacity this time around, just to find that Audacity's spectrometer view is ....well...let's say it's purely decorative.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Anyone else think the rotated and cropped logo on this shirt looks a bit like a "2" with the top cut off?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Anyone else think the rotated and cropped logo on this shirt looks a bit like a "2" with the top cut off?
    Sure, but just as much as it looks like the bottom of a Z or- the main thinking- a Less Than sign.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have to agree with the others that the underlying lyrics in THIS ISN'T THE PLACE sound like "kill me" the more I listen. Damn, either way, this track is spooky
    Last edited by Shipley; 07-18-2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuchal View Post
    I hear "care of me" or a similar 3 word phrase.
    ...carry me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wouldn't be wicked if these 3 eps were build up to the year zero tv series actually happening...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The real question is: why the logo there is cropped?

As for "2", i don't know. It could also be Z or L (laying) or a stickman version of pedobear's hand

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Differences between Add Violence back cover panel and This Isn't the Place panel:

- Abort is lit in in the video and not on the back cover (while it pulses, it never goes truly dark)
    - No black tape in the video and I'm not seeing any numbers/number 2 that we see peeking out on the back cover
    - The lights for Adaptive and Strong are green in the video, but red on the cover
    - Anxiety dips to just under .15 in the video, while it was in between .15/.20 on the cover

This could just be tweaks they made for the cover, but I'm a sucker for continuity issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a rotated version of the Halo 28 tee that they released for Hesitation Marks:

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razzletiger View Post
    This is a rotated version of the Halo 28 tee that they released for Hesitation Marks:
    Yeah, but there's been speculation about whether there's more to it. I'm with the people who pointed out it's a play on the Less Than symbol and probably nothing more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From what I can make of it after going over the video quite a few times the lights next to ABSS are labeled from left to right as EUSOCIAL COMMUNICATION, MULTI-AGENT SYSTEM, SERUM INTELLIGENCE, INTELLIGENT AGENTS, PREDICTIVE PSYCHOHISTORY. A little unsure about eusocial and serum though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Having a hard time keeping up with everything because I've been so busy the last couple days. A couple questions:

Have we found out any concrete info from all of this stuff yet? I mean the main thing is that this is confirmed to be connected to Year Zero because of Cedocore, right?

We know that this is connected to Not the Actual Events because of the press release obviously, but do we know how they are connected? Does Not the Actual Events tell a story that turns out to just be part of a simulation? And the machine in the Add Violence artwork is the one used to run that simulation? What about the lyrics?

I guess if anybody can just provide a bullet list with the main things of interest to bring me up to speed, it would be much appreciated.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by define View Post
    Damn this song is good. I love the 7/4 piano upon 4/4 drums and bass. Even though it just going up the scale. Love this kind of layering. It reminds me of Fragile. Which reminds me of Deviations. And THIS reminds me of the deviation plate on this unit K. I know that you all already knew that. But what's interesting about Deviation there is that it actually is haigher then estimated value of the "event" date. I mean, i guess it's connected since deviation in statistics is the difference between estimated and actual values of some variable... Whatever!

By the way about "K" @Jon Said that it might stand for Philip K Dick. But maybe it's for Kafka's K. from "The Castle" or "The Process" (aka "The Trial"). Maybe not. Just speculating.

i'm confused...the whole song is in 3/4 time. where are you hearing 4/4 or 7/4?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would appreciate somebody else trying. I don't want to find myself looking for patterns where there are none.

Easy to do, especially in this scenario.

Oh man, with the YZ ARG I had a super-fast PC with soundbooth so I could clean up this sort of stuff in seconds. It's taken me 45 mins just to get an mp3 loaded into audacity this time around, just to find that Audacity's spectrometer view is ....well...let's say it's purely decorative.
    I threw the audio into RX to see if there was anything easily discernible...and didn't really walk away with much. Here are some images of both the zoomed in intro section as well as a zoomed out look at the track as a whole.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    ...carry me?
    What am I missing here?

We're talking about the "I thought we had more...." part, correct?

Still sounds like "I thought we had more.... again (with the word "again" being drawn out)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What am I missing here?

We're talking about the "I thought we had more...." part, correct?

Still sounds like "I thought we had more.... again (with the word "again" being drawn out)
    You saw the dress as blue and black, didn't you?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razzletiger View Post
    I remember that shirt. As soon as I saw this new one, it reminded me of that red one. I wanted it and I waited until it was too late and they sold out of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calder View Post
    I threw the audio into RX to see if there was anything easily discernible...and didn't really walk away with much. Here are some images of both the zoomed in intro section as well as a zoomed out look at the track as a whole.
    Thanks dude, that's about a billion times better than audacity - which seems to have gone for an 8-bit retro feel - but unfortunately not quite clear enough to make out the bits I'm interested in purely visually. I can see them starting there in the first third of the intro, but can't make out the separation.

Going to have to do it the old fashioned way, purely by ear

Unfortunately its damn close to dozy time for me anyway, but if anybody else wants to give it a go I look forward to reading it tomorrow.

Just a matter if trying to map out long notes and short stabby notes on that detuned piano line.....concentrate on timing, not melody.

Not going to try to derail this thread any more with my probable apophenia anyway
    Last edited by d-signet; 07-18-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grime_z View Post
    Wouldn't be wicked if these 3 eps were build up to the year zero tv series actually happening...
    Fantastic idea, but it's not like Trent can just pick up the phone and pitch that idea to Jimmy Iovine, tap into Apple's liquidity and marketing department, and request contact info to Apple Music's original video content developers.

But a fantastic idea, non-the-less.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    You saw the dress as blue and black, didn't you?
    I haven't done an actual spit-take in a while, thankee sai.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by |mando| View Post
    D.O.F. maybe = Degrees Of Freedom? Value is 6 on the machine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_freedom

Also possibly Degrees of Freedom in statistics?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degree...m_(statistics)

"In statistics, the number of degrees of freedom is the number of values in the final calculation of a statistic that are free to vary.The number of independent ways by which a dynamic system can move, without violating any constraint imposed on it, is called number of degrees of freedom. In other words, the number of degrees of freedom can be defined as the minimum number of independent coordinates that can specify the position of the system completely."

A semi-accessible explanation:
    http://blog.minitab.com/blog/statist...-in-statistics

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    ...carry me?
    Leviathant nailed it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by izo View Post
    Ooh, we got an email! Looks like just the track and no other cluey fancy stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Yes. Like 20 minutes ago. It doesn't do shit except make you look like an idiot with blackened fingers. I also slowed and then sped up the playback speed. It really seems like there is something to that video.
    Haha, well.. it was worth a shot.