Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That van. Lol. Some poor schmuck parked at the right place at the right time, and it will forever live on in these forums. Not that the driver will ever know, unless he has a buddy on here. Which I doubt. They would have said something by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipley View Post
    I actually found the ship dates for all of the Add Violence merch to be surprisingly soon, which makes me think they are confident they have this all figured out and ready to go. Fingers crossed we will all have our next PC in 3 weeks or so.
    yeah, following my theory (not even sure i believe in it tho), there's a difference between the shipping of the NTAE component and this one. back then, we had no ARG, we had no idea there was a trilogy, and we had no idea how dependable we could get on these components. now, sandbag (is it sandbag or firebrand? don't know, haven't ordered the component, broke as i am) must be under trent's thumb to get this right, otherwise everything goes to shit in timing.

i imagine being professionally under trent's thumb might be stressful. dude's hella organized, this has to work like clockwork.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicoler View Post
    yeah, following my theory (not even sure i believe in it tho), there's a difference between the shipping of the NTAE component and this one. back then, we had no ARG, we had no idea there was a trilogy, and we had no idea how dependable we could get on these components. now, sandbag (is it sandbag or firebrand? don't know, haven't ordered the component, broke as i am) must be under trent's thumb to get this right, otherwise everything goes to shit in timing.

i imagine being professionally under trent's thumb might be stressful. dude's hella organized, this has to work like clockwork.
    I'm trying to believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    THANK YOU.

I am now removing my NTAE physical component from my goddamn freezer.

Uh...asking for a friend...anyone try putting their NTAE physical component in the microwave?
    Haven't done that here, anything I've found involving the thermochromic inks being used on microwavable products is more of a heat-based reaction than anything and if hair dryers aren't doing anything I dunno that nuking em would. Tempted to carefully douse mine in water later though...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullton View Post
    attempting to go through it frame by frame. there is a definite split down the middle all the way through. I havent seen any discernible pattern or hidden images but maybe if somebody can split the video and run them side by side like a landscape or maybe flip them. not sure but could be something
    split is here, but nothing in splitted/flipped/vertical/above-below modes so far :/
    also, converting from 3d->2d with shutters/other glasses doesn't play the trick atm... am i doing it wrong??(((9(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodora View Post
    The back cover of Add violence...

I think the van is a coincidence.
    Does anyone remember the van for the YZ meet up at the mural on Melrose Ave.? Where we got the ammo boxes. I thought they passed them out from a weird looking van? Does anyone have any pics from that day?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guysss, not sure if i am seeing things, but have you tried to make the video of "burning bright" as small as possible and maybe even step away from your monitor?... i just did and saw something. It's not ARG-related, but NIN-related for sure, haha. If i am right, of course. Try it! And tell me what you see. If we see the same thing then... i am not crazy, haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmnikita View Post
    My first thought with 2022 was elections based. In 2022, all US House seats are up for election, many Senate and it will be the first election after the next redistricting period (always huge).

I think the 2022 reference will and the fact its labeled Est Terminate Event is the year Trent will retire NIN again. It will be like YZ preceded a flurry of activity from NIN that lasted about 5 years then a hiatus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd553 View Post
    Does anyone remember the van for the YZ meet up at the mural on Melrose Ave.? Where we got the ammo boxes. I thought they passed them out from a weird looking van? Does anyone have any pics from that day?
    I remember there was more quality pics but first in google was this one and i'm too lazy and calm now ;P
    I drink vodka, so should you!

from here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/astral...ol-360026@N21/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xvostya View Post
    split is here, but nothing in splitted/flipped/vertical/above-below modes so far :/
    also, converting from 3d->2d with shutters/other glasses doesn't play the trick atm... am i doing it wrong??(((9(
    there's multiple columns. first thought is the video was cut into segments and scrambled. would have to reorder the columns but sounds far to tedious for me i wouldnt even know how to do that

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This Burning Bright madness is reminding me of the time I thought there was something hidden in the screens of the LITS footage.

There was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

see this?

And even here, though it's a bit distorted...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by define View Post

see this?

No idea what I'm looking at. Could be anything or nothing.

See the neuroscience guy's post earlier in this thread and this wiki on pareidolia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

see this?

nothing really stands out to me. think you're seeing things

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by izo View Post
    No idea what I'm looking at. Could be anything or nothing.

See the neuroscience guy's post earlier in this thread and this wiki on pareidolia
    I know what pareidolia is And i had kinda severe case of this thing when i was younger. I saw faces on the walls and moving creatures on the carpet. But it's not pareidolia. I swear! Just... try to watch the video in the small window (not too small tho) and you'd realize what i am talking about

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

see this?

don't worry, that's normal. don't forget your parepin tonight!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    This Burning Bright madness is reminding me of the time I thought there was something hidden in the screens of the LITS footage.

There was.

what the hell is this? jfc, that's scary.

or is this just an elaborate joke?
    Last edited by Wulgaren; 07-19-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    what the hell is this? jfc, that's scary.
    Just some twig-like white gentleman who plays bass guitar sometimes.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysergicengel View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about the X-Files. It's the episode called Conduit where a guy starts writing out 1's and 0's he can see in the static of a TV. After he wrote pages of this he put them all together to make an image of a girl.
    Yes, It's X-Files

Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post
    Is it a sailboat?
    Much Better reference. (Mall Rats)
    Little Girl: [looking at a Magic Eye poster] Wow. It's a schooner.
    Willam Black: Ha ha ha ha. You dumb bastard. It's not a schooner... it's a Sailboat.
    Little Boy: A schooner IS a sailboat stupid head!
    Willam Black: [becoming enraged] You know what? There is NO Easter Bunny! Over there, that's just a guy in a suit!

OR: Mercury Rising:

He just saw it. Like those stupid pictures at the mall. You stare at them and All of a sudden you're looking at the Statue of Liberty.

-This is not one of those stupid pictures at the mall..."

An... I'm bore at work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullton View Post
    nothing really stands out to me. think you're seeing things
    Oookay... maaaay beee. But what if i highlight some lines there? Be critical though! You might be right and i am seeing things...

And here (i less sure in this case. it's less visible)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't see that there, sorry

But I do see what appears to be a very trenty face talking/singing in the last 60 seconds.

Play it quite small, and really squint at the video, so you can hardly see it and everything begins to blur
    Last edited by d-signet; 07-19-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skwez View Post
    I noticed the block characters on mine too. My best guess is that it's a representation of non letter characters. The "S" seems to be an apostrophe; "P" and "Q" are openning and closing quotes.
    Dang. Very astute. I wonder why the P and Q would be different characters if they were quotes though?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesitation_Marks View Post
    Dang. Very astute. I wonder why the P and Q would be different characters if they were quotes though?
    I presume for the same reason as the apostophes are S

It's like every punctuation mark is badly encoded.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Oookay... maaaay beee. But what if i highlight some lines there? Be critical though! You might be right and i am seeing things...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Maybe it's not the logo, but something is definitely "watermarked" upon this noise or whatever.

**No, it's definitely NIN logo. Try it yourself at 0.25 speed or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Haha Well, maybe i am. But... i liiike it, duude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesitation_Marks View Post
    Open quote vs closed quote
    “ ”

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malashaan View Post
    I agree that we haven't found anything meaningful yet, but I do think there is something in there.
    so far the most "tangible" things we have are two websites: http://www.sotirivol.com/, which was registered the day before the single came out (the domain is currently parked at godaddy, with the DNS still pointing at Godaddy) as well as http://addviolence.nin.com, which currently redirects to the homepage. It's worth noting that NTAE doesn't have a subdomain, and the same is true for all the other albums, even though historically there have been subdomains for several albums like theslip.nin.com , ghosts.nin.com etc, but those links were broken when they transitioned to the new website. All the rest is pure speculation and a bunch of numbers that don't make much sense at this point.

If I recall correctly the first YZ clues (the t-shirt and the usb drives) acted as a "door" to "other stuff" that needed to be discovered. There aren't many possibilities that I can think of that could be realistically hidden in the cover/videos:

1) IP address of a website: I already tried several combinations with the numbers we found on Panel K - no success

2) phone number: I didn't try it personally, but others tried to send a text to one of the numbers on the cover - no success

3) GPS coordinates: those were found in the EXIF of one picture - Nope. Notable mention: creepy VAN parked outside of lcwprops.com - the coordinates found in the picture were probably left there unintentionally along with the rest of the EXIF data but I don't think anyone actually went to that location to verify (did anyone go there to see what this LCW props is about?). Someone called lcw, the guy didn't say much, even though they might be involved, who knows.

4) List of other ideas: hidden e-mail address, other websites made by combining words (we found sotirivol.com so far), instagram account, twitter account, name of an app to download, something linked to Red Horse Vector that would allow the ARG to continue, TOR website/hidden service address (?),... I also tried to do a reverse DNS to see which other websites are hosted on the same server as nin.com/thecreativecorporation.com but I couldn't find anything interesting.

Regarding the PC, I don't own the PC myself (thanks Firebrand UK &co), but I saw the pictures and I doubt that there's something hidden that needs to be viewed through "something". There aren't many things you can try: UV, IR, fluorescence, heat, cold, polarised lens, look against the sun to see if there's a filigrane/watermark of some sort... The same goes for the Burning Bright video: unless there's a single frame with some hidden information, there's nothing in there and it's just noise (see this post). Don't waste your time looking at Burning Bright video with the transparent PC in front of your eyes ; )

I... I officially run out of ideas.
    Last edited by arsenic; 07-19-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tangent to a different line of inquiry. The concept of deviations crops up in the Add Violence materials and obviously The Fragile deviations. We know we have differences (deviations) between the two simulation machines (video versus back cover). We also have differences in the NTAE physical component between different copies. Maybe the key is in those differences? Given this is the NINternet, I imagine someone somewhere has a catalog of the different versions of the physical component. If not, we should start making one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    so far the most "tangible" things we have are two websites: http://www.sotirivol.com/, which was registered the day before the single came out (the domain is currently parked at godaddy, with the DNS still pointing at Godaddy) as well as http://addviolence.nin.com, which currently redirects to the homepage. It's worth noting that NTAE doesn't have a subdomain, and the same is true for all the other albums, even though historically there have been subdomains for several albums like theslip.nin.com , ghosts.nin.com etc, but those links were broken when they transitioned to the new website. All the rest is pure speculation and a bunch of numbers that don't make much sense at this point.

If I recall correctly the first YZ clues (the t-shirt and the usb drives) acted as a "door" to "other stuff" that needed to be discovered. There aren't many possibilities that I can think of that could be realistically hidden in the cover/videos:

1) IP address of a website: I already tried several combinations with the numbers we found on Panel K - no success

2) phone number: I didn't try it personally, but others tried to send a text to one of the numbers on the cover - no success

3) GPS coordinates: those were found in the EXIF of one picture - Nope. Notable mention: creepy VAN parked outside of lcwprops.com - the coordinates found in the picture were probably left there unintentionally along with the rest of the EXIF data but I don't think anyone actually went to that location to verify (did anyone go there to see what this LCW props is about?). Someone called lcw, the guy didn't say much, even though they might be involved, who knows.

4) List of other ideas: hidden e-mail address, other websites made by combining words (we found sotirivol.com so far), instagram account, twitter account, name of an app to download, something linked to Red Horse Vector that would allow the ARG to continue, TOR website/hidden service address (?),... I also tried to do a reverse DNS to see which other websites are hosted on the same server as nin.com/thecreativecorporation.com but I couldn't find anything interesting.

Regarding the PC, I don't own the PC myself (thanks Firebrand UK &co), but I saw the pictures and I doubt that there's something hidden that needs to be viewed through "something". There aren't many things you can try: UV, IR, fluorescence, heat, cold, polarised lens, look against the sun to see if there's a filigrane/watermark of some sort... The same goes for the Burning Bright video: unless there's a single frame with some hidden information, there's nothing in there and it's just noise (see this post). Don't waste your time looking at Burning Bright video with the transparent PC in front of your eyes ; )

I... I officially run out of ideas.
    (bolded text, my emphasis)
    @Toadflax scoped it out and reported no van and nothing all that interesting inside LCW.