Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullton View Post
    a few have tried heat/ cold/ water/ a few other things but nothing yet
    Quote Originally Posted by untricky View Post
    Someone mentioned black powder and a plastic sheet in the NTAE physical component.

Does anyone know if anyone has applied experimented with these components to see if there is any hidden elements.

I don't think electrical current will work as its plastic, but some serious decoder shit maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidEngineer View Post
    Still waiting for someone to microwave theirs.
    or set it on fire.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    In the latter part of Background I can't help but envision someone engaging a simulation and resetting it to make it worse / more destructive. Again and again and again and again....

shit this is in the wrong thread
    Last edited by cdm; 07-19-2017 at 07:05 PM. Reason: shit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a hunch... anyone going to the show tonight should check the mirrors in the bathroom(s).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRanged691 View Post
    I have a hunch... anyone going to the show tonight should check the mirrors in the bathroom(s).
    and get there on time for TOBACCO. Nothing to do with the ARG, just dig his music and recommend it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by izo View Post
    and get there on time for TOBACCO. Nothing to do with the ARG, just dig his music and recommend it.
    TOBACCO kicks ass! Definitely wouldn't miss it if i had the chance

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Between 3:10 & 3:20 on The Background World there is clearly some vocals burried there, some sound slowed and others sped. I have the song in Garageband right now and am just playing around with the EQ, I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me can "unpack" them a more than I. If it is possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Lyric in NOT ANYMORE "mouth taped shut" was the name of the website 42 Entertainment made for Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The end of The Background World sounds like a copy of a copy of a copy of a....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damnit I'm at work and need to listen to this EP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I apologize if somebody else has already suggested this, but has anyone tried using the numbers used on the console as a phone number?

Year Zero had a few of those back in 2007, that lead to voice recordings and such. (Btw, I can't believe it's been 10 years. But, what a time in our real lives to bring back this YZ story.)

I just got through listening to the new EP while on a post-work bike ride. Totally has a YZ feel to it. Excited to see how this all develops through the rest of the year, if it does in fact even get as deep as the YZ ARG went.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchundertow View Post
    I apologize if somebody else has already suggested this, but has anyone tried using the numbers used on the console as a phone number?

Year Zero had a few of those back in 2007, that lead to voice recordings and such. (Btw, I can't believe it's been 10 years. But, what a time in our real lives to bring back this YZ story.)

I just got through listening to the new EP while on a post-work bike ride. Totally has a YZ feel to it. Excited to see how this all develops through the rest of the year, if it does in fact even get as deep as the YZ ARG went.
    Yes, I believe a few people have tried calling and texting a combination of numbers that appear on the console.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchundertow View Post

Quote Originally Posted by izo View Post
    Yes, I believe a few people have tried calling and texting a combination of numbers that appear on the console.
    It's a bit hard to figure out what the meters are reading as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So what's up with the "updated" version of ADD VIOLENCE getting sent out? I think that's what i listened to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesitation_Marks View Post
    So what's up with the "updated" version of ADD VIOLENCE getting sent out? I think that's what i listened to.
    doesnt seem to be any differences aside from the actual download link

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Someone said the updated one has 10 downloads, while the first doesn't have a number.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Going back to the NTAE phsyical component real quick. Someone pointed out to me that the machine from the ADD VIOLENCE cover looks like old Cold War style bunker tech... they then pointed out that the phycial component sheets kind of look like the old data cards you would input into computers. Caught my attnetion, but it doesn't add with clarity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Continuing with the "YZ was a simulation" theory, it feels like our protagonist for these EPs is trapped between the simulation and reality. Someone mentioned Lost several pages back, and it does feel very much like Desmond in the hatch, compelled by a supposed external force to stay right where he was and enter the code every time the timer counted down. Could our protagonist be trapped in a warehouse, forced to continually run this machine, resetting it every time the simulation reaches its natural conclusion? Is this all run by Cedocore, who has told them to never leave because the world outside is inhospitable and that by taking Sotiriviol, they will be protected?

My brain hurts. But I'm really excited that we're going back to this world. I listened to YZ a lot after the election, so all of this is making me very happy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Guuuuuys...

Aren't last 5:50min of TBW has something to do with "Burning bright" video...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Going back to the NTAE phsyical component real quick. Someone pointed out to me that the machine from the ADD VIOLENCE cover looks like old Cold War style bunker tech... they then pointed out that the phycial component sheets kind of look like the old data cards you would input into computers. Caught my attnetion, but it doesn't add with clarity.
    not really anywhere to insert a card on the machine though so probably not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullton View Post
    not really anywhere to insert a card on the machine though so probably not
    Yet. I don't think we've seen the whole machine.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisNZ View Post
    Damnit I'm at work and need to listen to this EP.
    I'm stuck in my kids room for bedtime. They're taking extra long of course. I could've listened to it 3 times by now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidEngineer View Post
    Yet. I don't think we've seen the whole machine.
    true. im still not convinced that this isnt an arg but its definitely a slower build up. maybe we'll get more answers tonight or when we get the next PC at the very least

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone noted on the equipment the meter for "Anxiety" is at a different scale than the others. The top scale is going in .05 increments while the bottom one is going in .2 increments.
    For Apperception, Satisfaction, and presence has the top scale going in 1.3 increments except at the end when it goes to 7.0 from 5.2 and the bottom going in 10 increments starting at 30.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xvostya View Post
    Guuuuuys...

Aren't last 5:50min of TBW has something to do with "Burning bright" video...?
    I like your thinking.

THE LAST 5:50 HAVE TO MEAN something. It's not like it's some awesome The Great Destroyer ending (which, again, had something hidden in it). It's this boring ass noise-drone.

Edit: STOLEN from Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...oops_52_times/

"The loop loops 52 times. Each loop is 9 seconds long.

• 1 4:05 - Loop Starts
    • 2 4:14
    • 3 4:23
    • 4 4:32
    • 5 4:41
    • 6 4:50
    • 7 4:59
    • 8 5:08
    • 9 5:17
    • 10 5:26
    • 11 5:35
    • 12 5:44
    • 13 5:53
    • 14 6:02
    • 15 6:11
    • 16 6:20
    • 17 6:29
    • 18 6:38
    • 19 6:47
    • 20 6:56
    • 21 7:05
    • 22 7:14
    • 23 7:23
    • 24 7:32
    • 25 7:41
    • 26 7:50
    • 27 7:59
    • 28 8:08
    • 29 8:17
    • 30 8:26
    • 31 8:35
    • 32 8:44
    • 33 8:53
    • 34 9:02
    • 35 9:11
    • 36 9:20
    • 37 9:29
    • 38 9:38
    • 39 9:47
    • 40 9:56
    • 41 10:05
    • 42 10:14
    • 43 10:23
    • 44 10:32
    • 45 10:41
    • 46 10:50
    • 47 10:59
    • 48 11:08
    • 49 11:17
    • 50 11:26
    • 51 11:35
    • 52 11:44 - Loop ends"
    Last edited by 2020k; 07-19-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020k View Post
    I like your thinking.

THE LAST 5:50 HAVE TO MEAN something. It's not like it's some awesome The Great Destroyer ending (which, again, had something hidden in it). It's this boring ass noise-drone.
    Someone on reddit pointed out that the end segment repeats 52 times. TR recently turned 52 years old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So in the nin.com store they have a journal

And if you look at the Less Thank cover pic:

If you look to the right of the Simulation On light you can see the same patter of lines that are going down the right side of the journal... I remember in the YZ Arg those lines were then converted to morse code or something that reveled a ip address or phone number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd553 View Post
    So in the nin.com store they have a journal

And if you look at the Less Thank cover pic:

If you look to the right of the Simulation On light you can see the same patter of lines that are going down the right side of the journal... I remember in the YZ Arg those lines were then converted to morse code or something that reveled a ip address or phone number.
    Those lines also look just like the meter markings too (like for ANXIETY, SATISFACTION, etc...)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    those marks are certainly something. We've seen them in three places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been wondering if anyone actually bought the journal...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    so... Something DOES show up underblacklight for the NTAE physical component... I need to verify that it isn't just something that is harder to see under normal light in my variation or whatever, but on the back of the credits page, there is the NIN logo with some text... looks like a halo number possibly and some backwards text.... I'm going to try brushing some more of the dust off to see if it picks up even more with the blacklight and then I'll try to get a video or something....
    Or someone will jump in and say "nope we know about that already!!" before I get much further...