Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1614

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRanged691 View Post
    Do we actually know what Sotirivol does or is this just speculation?
    Currently the whole ARG is speculation lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We don't know shit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    We don't know shit.
    Beat me to it. I really wish a new ARG, but it all can be just a reference to previous NIN works and end up in nothing...
    if we don't get an ARG, at least let us gave something vain and simple as A TV SERIES!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Apparently this guy is working on a "TBD HTDA live show project" according to his website credits.

http://www.bunkerstudios.org/holmes/

I also like how, apparently as of 2013 TR just keeps this guy on retainer and doesn't let him do any other work lol.
    I bet that HTDA live show project was the board feed we were going to get for our Live In Chicago release. Would still love that.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by define View Post
    Check this out.
    https://twitter.com/HolmesWasHere/st...65600580993024
    Don't know if he means the actual fingerprints or metaphorical ones.
    There are fingerprints on the artwork, and the point of the NTAE physical component was to mark it with your fingerprints so it's uniquely yours forever or something like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It looks like he was the audio engineer and that is what he was referring to (see his response on Twitter).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Random though that came up whilst listening to Radiohead this afternoon. Anyone recalled the "10 01" thing that people did back after In Rainbows came out? Basically you slotted the IR tracks into the (then) 10 year old Ok Computer to make a "new album" which was really an extended playlist that somehow seemed to work. Assuming the 3rd EP in the new NiN trilogy will also be 5 songs long, maybe we are meant to do similar here. I'll make a playlist and see how it goes so far. Maybe try a bit of cross fade and see what comes up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is no doubt that the ARG is back.
    The video for This Isn't the Place was produced by "Susan Bonds", CEO of 42Entertainment.
    Directed by "Alex Lieu", their Chief Creative Officer.
    Robert Fagan (their VP of film & video) is thanked.

no doubt in my mind. I missed it the first time (found out about it a few months too late). Can't wait to watch it unfold this time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cool find over on the NIN Reddit, for those of you who aren't on there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...extra_decoded/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Went looking into Sotirivol again, and found a drug called Rivotril. I think if nothing else, this was the inspiration for the Sotirivol packaging/concept. Do an Google image search and see the similarities in the white/blue/blue line packaging with a mix of blue and black text.

Rivotril is a brand name of Clonazepam, used to treat anxiety, panic disorders, seizures, bi-polar disorder, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    There is no doubt that the ARG is back.
    The video for This Isn't the Place was produced by "Susan Bonds", CEO of 42Entertainment.
    Directed by "Alex Lieu", their Chief Creative Officer.
    Robert Fagan (their VP of film & video) is thanked.

no doubt in my mind. I missed it the first time (found out about it a few months too late). Can't wait to watch it unfold this time.
    Joined yesterday, first post, 100% pro ARG. God, I hope you're a 42E employee giving us inside knowledge :-)
    Just can't help thinking the YZ ARG was off to a quicker start than this :-(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lam1na View Post
    Joined yesterday, first post, 100% pro ARG. God, I hope you're a 42E employee giving us inside knowledge :-)
    It was - we had developments almost every day. This is more of a trickle than a flood. I personally think that this time around is going to be slow and rely heavily on physical interaction with objects. Look at it this way - why would things play out the same way as it did last time? There wouldn't be any challenge. We'd just beat the game faster the second time around because we already knew all the tricks. This is a whole new ARG, and for the most part I think we have to throw what happened before out the window and start from scratch. I think I said it before, but this time around there seems to be a deliberate focus on tactile, physical components. Analog, baby. Old school.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been mulling everything over for a while and here are some things I keep coming back to in no particular order:

1.) This is going to be a very slow burn. If the plan was always for the EPs to be a trilogy then we probably won't have all of the pieces we need until after the 3rd one comes out. That said, we should expect breadcrumbs here and there between now and whenever the 3rd EP comes out. Trent and 42 Entertainment aren't stupid so they have to know people will lose interest if there's nothing new to keep us going in the interim.

2.) There is definitely something hidden in the Burning Bright video. I'm just not sure we have been given the key to unlocking it yet.

3.) I don't know for sure that we have been given the key to unlocking the Branches / Bones physical component cipher yet either. However, I do think Polybius may be a hint. I believe that the Polybius Square has been ruled out, but have we considered this from the Polybius Square Wikipedia page? "...it is a useful component in several ciphers such as the ADFGVX cipher, the Nihilist cipher, and the bifid cipher."

4.) I don't think that most (if any) of the means used to uncover clues and information used in the YZ ARG will work. Trent and 42 Entertainment aren't going to want us to figure everything out too quickly. Holding back info is one way of doing that, but changing how information is hidden would be more effective... especially since they already know how we solved everything last time.

5.) I need a laptop if I'm going to keep doing this.
    Last edited by DRanged691; 07-21-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Scatterbrained

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It was - we had developments almost every day. This is more of a trickle than a flood. I personally think that this time around is going to be slow and rely heavily on physical interaction with objects. Look at it this way - why would things play out the same way as it did last time? There wouldn't be any challenge. We'd just beat the game faster the second time around because we already knew all the tricks. This is a whole new ARG, and for the most part I think we have to throw what happened before out the window and start from scratch. I think I said it before, but this time around there seems to be a deliberate focus on tactile, physical components. Analog, baby. Old school.
    I'm hoping so! I remember fondly the sleepless nights of sitting here pressing F5 repeatedly haha. I'm now 49 and still get a hard-on over this stuff!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been mulling everything over for a while and here are some things I keep coming back to in no particular order:

1.) This is going to be a very slow burn. If the plan was always for the EPs to be a trilogy then we probably won't have all of the pieces we need until after the 3rd one comes out. That said, we should expect breadcrumbs here and there between now and whenever the 3rd EP comes out. Trent and 42 Entertainment aren't stupid so they have to know people will lose interest if there's nothing new to keep us going in the interim.

2.) There is definitely something hidden in the Branches / Bones video. I'm just not sure we have been given the key to unlocking it yet.

3.) I don't know for sure that we have been given the key to unlocking the Branches / Bones physical component cipher yet either. However, I do think Polybius may be a hint. I believe that the Polybius Square has been ruled out, but have we considered this from the Polybius Square Wikipedia page? "...it is a useful component in several ciphers such as the ADFGVX cipher, the Nihilist cipher, and the bifid cipher."

4.) I don't think that most (if any) of the means used to uncover clues and information used in the YZ ARG will work. Trent and 42 Entertainment aren't going to want us to figure everything out too quickly. Holding back info is one way of doing that, but changing how information is hidden would be more effective... especially since they already know how we solved everything last time.

5.) I need a laptop if I'm going to keep doing this.
    Get out of my head, you mindreading freak!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm curious what's written on the package.
    So far i was only able to read on the left top of the cover "INTENDED FOR USE AS .........SCAN".
    Bottom lines so far unrecognizable.

According to the cover it's "Rx Only" - when most dosage forms in which the API may be used are subject to prescription (https://www.fda.gov/downloads/aboutf.../ucm117998.pdf)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xvostya View Post
    I'm curious what's written on the package.
    So far i was only able to read on the left top of the cover "INTENDED FOR USE AS .........SCAN".
    Bottom lines so far unrecognizable.

According to the cover it's "Rx Only" - when most dosage forms in which the API may be used are subject to prescription (https://www.fda.gov/downloads/aboutf.../ucm117998.pdf)
    It's a physician's sample package of Sotirivol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    It's a physician's sample package of Sotirivol.
    Hm, based on that - this red journal owner person got it illegally or person - physician?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hm, based on that - this red journal owner person got it illegally or person - physician?
    It seems likely that a lab experiment / simulation of this scale would be run by scientists or lab clinicians and would probably have access to such things as Sotirivol. Government, etc could have oversight or overall control but it's probably not the politicians pushing the buttons. Lab conditions and equipment may not be in the greatest condition, especially if politicians have been avoiding/discouraging science for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool find over on the NIN Reddit, for those of you who aren't on there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...extra_decoded/
    On the subject of this:

On that page, there's a link to a document where we've written down all of Add Violence's lyrics and included (in red) the extra, weird embedded lyrics that don't pop up in the actual song. I combined all of these separate, random lines into one "thing," like a poem.

have
    coliseum calling with its night that could last forever
    breathing moments
    perfect
    you can take me
    take all that's left
    i am free
    finally
    combined and perfect
    finally
    you can take me
    take me
    take all that's left
    finally
    combined and perfect
    finally
    home
    going to
    as

But if you remove the redundant stuff as displayed in the Branches/Bones decoding post, you get this:

breathing moments
    perfect
    you can take me
    take all that's left
    i am free
    finally
    combined and perfect
    Last edited by meenahsdiamonds; 07-21-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    slow day

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I haven't come to a conclusion on whether there's more than one person involved at this point of the narrative.

I find it interesting that the machine's operating manual would need to be consulted; someone was looking to do something specific. You could deduce that the current operator has only a rudimentary knowledge of the machinery, at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Little update here:

I neglected to include the extra lyrics from Less Than into the "poem." So here it is with those.

[i thought it would fix me]
    go
    come on
    have
    breathing moments
    perfect
    you can take me
    take all that's left
    i am free
    finally
    combined and perfect
    finally
    you can take me
    take me
    take all that's left
    finally
    combined and perfect
    finally
    home
    going to
    as

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I haven't come to a conclusion on whether there's more than one person involved at this point of the narrative.

I find it interesting that the machine's operating manual would need to be consulted; someone was looking to do something specific. You could deduce that the current operator has only a rudimentary knowledge of the machinery, at best.
    The nature of the equipment (dirty, somewhat damaged, etc.) suggests to me this is not a government program. Combine that with the lyrics generally and I get the sense this is a "rebel" (either intentionally or by accident) who has realized some truth and is trying to achieve something. I know that's all very vague, but we don't have much to go on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malashaan View Post
    The nature of the equipment (dirty, somewhat damaged, etc.) suggests to me this is not a government program. Combine that with the lyrics generally and I get the sense this is a "rebel" (either intentionally or by accident) who has realized some truth and is trying to achieve something. I know that's all very vague, but we don't have much to go on.
    It also seems to be kind of hodge-podged together. Not all the knobs/dials and what not match, seemingly random screws, tape marks. Seems a bit mix-matched to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it is government and I still get the whole "Lost" vibe from it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Explorer on Sotirivol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If this is an ARG, and thereare 3 related EP's, this may be a slow moving ARG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have an Eta on ntae, or av vinyl shipment? I think these and physical component are the next major clues?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lam1na View Post

their username means "light tomorrow" if that's anything.