Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1614

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    SHOWER REALISATION. Holy Presence!

52 loops - VAN ENGINE sound!!!
    Since it's almost broken, sound gets more degraded every loop and van moves slowly and slowly.
    We need to check out how far it can go in exactly 7.666 secs, calculate the path and dig there a pattern, according to NTAE PC sheets.

Hopefully, we'll have oil.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by define View Post

Obey van!
    You think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that? I'm a NINdarian. Van tricks don't work on me. Only clues. No clues, no ARG, no deal!
    Last edited by Xvostya; 07-21-2017 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Sorry, VAN!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Has anybody tried snorting the black powder that came with NTAE PC? I wonder if this allows you to see The Presence.

brb

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Maybe I'm totally nuts, but I'm interpreting The Lovers as being from the point of view of somebody who is speaking about/to The Presence. Maybe some sort of trance or hypnosis? Kinda sounds like he's helping the Presence with destroying the world.

Evidence:

"i’ve slipped out of time again
    leaving all of you behind
    and i’m free"

"wide his eyes
    hypnotize they see inside of me"

"into the arms of the lovers" <- this is the part that made me first think about the theory. I.e. what if some people interpreted the Presence as saviors instead of destroyers.

"finally
    combined and perfect"

"oh i see you floating there
    how could i ever hope to forget"

"please don’t leave me here"

"i could stop it
    maybe i could stop it (if i wanted to)
    but i’m not the one driving anymore"

etc.
    Also, does it make total sense to everybody else that Less Than is the Presence screaming at humans like in The Warning?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So this is out of left field (but then again isn't all of it...) but has anyone else thought about the connection between "The Lovers" and the tarot card? It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title....
    Here is a link to the page I get a lot of my tarot meanings from
    https://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-car...arcana/lovers/
    some highlights:

"The two figures in the Lovers card are blessed and protected by the angel in the clouds above them."

"
    the Lovers card represents the establishment of a personal belief system and becoming clearer about your own values. This is a time when you are figuring out what you stand for and what your personal philosophy on life is. Having gone through the indoctrination of the Hierophant, you are now ready to establish your own belief system and make up your own mind about what is and what is not important in life."

"
    The Lovers also represents choices on a grand scale. A dilemma will be presented demanding an action or decision, and you will want to decipher the best way to proceed or make the right choice."
    Last edited by AnaTorpedo; 07-21-2017 at 09:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    There's 100% not words or letters in that video. You can change the playback speed on youtube if you want to check.
    Was about to come here and say this. If there are any images in there at all, it occasionally looks to me like a 3x2 grid of the same footage (essentially, six viewports) with the same, almost kaleidoscope effect applied to them, seemingly synced with one another... spliced/layered with frames of static.

Don't see words except for in the negative space where my mind is actively trying to find recognizable patterns that are most likely random as all hell.

Edit: The image to me looks like a person or people. But I'm skeptical there is anything there without somehow being de-scrambled.
    Last edited by doomtenor; 07-21-2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: left a part out

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaTorpedo View Post
    So this is out of left field (but then again isn't all of it...) but has anyone else thought about the connection between "The Lovers" and the tarot card? It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title....
    Here is a link to the page I get a lot of my tarot meanings from
    https://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-car...arcana/lovers/
    some highlights:

"The two figures in the Lovers card are blessed and protected by the angel in the clouds above them."

"
    the Lovers card represents the establishment of a personal belief system and becoming clearer about your own values. This is a time when you are figuring out what you stand for and what your personal philosophy on life is. Having gone through the indoctrination of the Hierophant, you are now ready to establish your own belief system and make up your own mind about what is and what is not important in life."

"
    The Lovers also represents choices on a grand scale. A dilemma will be presented demanding an action or decision, and you will want to decipher the best way to proceed or make the right choice."
    So you're saying it gives my Presence theory even more credence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    So you're saying it gives my Presence theory even more credence.
    I mean..... real talk, its kind of an interesting card given themes we have heard in both albums...

On a side note, since he is referenced, The Hierophant...
    "The Hierophant is represented by a religious figure, sitting within a formal church environment. He is wearing three elaborate vestments of his office that represent the three worlds. The crown he is wearing has three tiers to. His right hand is raised in benediction, the same hand the Magician has raised. While the Magician was taking raw power from the Universe and manifesting it on the material plane, the Hierophant channels that power through society (as in the religions of the world). The triple sceptre is another symbol of his dominion over the three worlds. The crossed keys represent a balance between the conscious and subconscious minds and unlock the mysteries. Before him kneel two initiates. The Hierophant’s task is to bring the two initiates into the church so that they can take up their appointed roles. This symbolises entry into all types of institutions where there is a shared group identity. These could include schools, clubs, teams, companies and societies."

sooooo..... Basically, the hierophant is formal learning, religious indoctrination, institution etc etc
    When you bring in the symbolism of the lovers card (adam and eve with the serpent, the tree of knowledge, all that good stuff) its not just a departure from what the hierophant represents in terms of knowledge and personal beliefs and such, but it also brings in the added theme of people together being greater than people alone.

So... if thats not oddly (and probably randomly) YZ related, I'm not sure what is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AnaTorpedo View Post
    I mean..... real talk, its kind of an interesting card given themes we have heard in both albums...

On a side note, since he is referenced, The Hierophant...
    "The Hierophant is represented by a religious figure, sitting within a formal church environment. He is wearing three elaborate vestments of his office that represent the three worlds. The crown he is wearing has three tiers to. His right hand is raised in benediction, the same hand the Magician has raised. While the Magician was taking raw power from the Universe and manifesting it on the material plane, the Hierophant channels that power through society (as in the religions of the world). The triple sceptre is another symbol of his dominion over the three worlds. The crossed keys represent a balance between the conscious and subconscious minds and unlock the mysteries. Before him kneel two initiates. The Hierophant’s task is to bring the two initiates into the church so that they can take up their appointed roles. This symbolises entry into all types of institutions where there is a shared group identity. These could include schools, clubs, teams, companies and societies."

sooooo..... Basically, the hierophant is formal learning, religious indoctrination, institution etc etc
    When you bring in the symbolism of the lovers card (adam and eve with the serpent, the tree of knowledge, all that good stuff) its not just a departure from what the hierophant represents in terms of knowledge and personal beliefs and such, but it also brings in the added theme of people together being greater than people alone.

So... if thats not oddly (and probably randomly) YZ related, I'm not sure what is.
    FURTHERMORE.... If you listen to the lyrics from The Lovers, it certainly supports the card meaning...
    "I
    f I just really looked and allowed myself To see" "Everyone seems to be asleep but me" "How could I ever hope to forget" The song as a whole speaks of waking up to a new knowledge and perhaps the people around you have not (think eve convincing adam to bite the apple of knowledge)

Anyway, thats my hippie woowoo theory for the evening. It certainly doesn't fit the machine imagery, but then again if we are looking at potential alternate universes and disembodied hands, tarot isn't exactly totally out of the realm of possibilities. Either way, I'm definitely going to be keeping an ear/eye out for other tarot references...

also sorry about my formatting. I don't know how to forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If there's clues hidden in AV, I definitely think the lovers is the track that they are mostly hiding in, next to the background world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    I work for the Government! Thanks for the shout out!
    Lol. I mean no offense, but every employee I've encountered in the government could care less. In terms of property owned by an employer such as manuals, the majority of the population does not take care of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minimumnishe View Post
    If there's clues hidden in AV, I definitely think the lovers is the track that they are mostly hiding in, next to the background world.
    Also the chorus of The Lovers sounds awfully similar to The Day The World Went Away... the piano progressions underneath is and such....

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Two things:

First, anyone catch the hidden lyrics in Not Anymore on Apple Music?
    "remember me?"
    "I'm still here"
    "at least I think I am"
    "waiting for something to happen"

Also, with regards to "connecting" NTAE and AV, I kinda sorta think the most degraded moment at the very end of Background World kinda sorta sounds like that very first noise at the start of Branches/Bones.
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 07-26-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally got my oculus working for youtube (ok, I confess, it was my husband who got it to work). Started going through it, and found this little gem. I'll finish another time, frame by frame is tedious. But, I thought this was kind of cool. [IMG][/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lurker here, probably nothing, more so for my curiosity. Can anyone explain to me what the codes are on the LP's? Anyone have an idea how long these images have been on store.nin.com?

I saw people joking about setting their PC on fire lol...could he be spelling it out for us? Not it!

Edit: Forgot to mention that the same scratch marks are visible in the bottom right corner of the first graphic. 4th occurrence?
    Last edited by rdtapt; 07-22-2017 at 03:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtapt View Post
    Lurker here, probably nothing, more so for my curiosity. Can anyone explain to me what the codes are on the LP's? Anyone have an idea how long these images have been on store.nin.com?

I saw people joking about setting their PC on fire lol...could he be spelling it out for us? Not it!
    looks like phone number on the first one 800 451 4147

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
    looks like phone number on the first one 800 451 4147

Ext 1?

Edit: Disconnected number, good thought though
    Last edited by rdtapt; 07-22-2017 at 03:03 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Maybe ext.1 or the .1 starts a new loop? I'm late to this. Reading the thread to see if anyone called it yet.

*edit* ah well.

*edit2* 11pm 8004 514 147-1 is the Broken catalogue number, I am so very out of the loop.
    Last edited by wunderpanda; 07-22-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
    Maybe ext.1 or the .1 starts a new loop? I'm late to this. Reading the thread to see if anyone called it yet.

*edit* ah well.

*edit2* 11pm 8004 514 147-1 is the Broken catalogue number, I am so very out of the loop.
    All of the record spines on the page are legit catalog numbers for all the releases. I believe the only ones where you can see the catalog number are Broken, Natural Born Killers soundtrack, and the Fragile. (whoever took the picture needs to work on their filing system. Totally the wrong order! lol)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post

Also, with regards to "connecting" NTAE and AV, I kinda sorta think the most degraded moment at the very end of Background World kinda sorta sounds like that very first noise at the start of Branches/Bones.
    Antichrist Superstar's Track 99 ->cycled-> Irresponsible Hate Anthem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.nin.com/music/add-violence

"PART TWO. THE VIEW WIDENS AND EVERYTHING IS IN QUESTION."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it just me or has the image for the sticker pack changed on the store?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryG View Post
    Yes it has

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysergicengel View Post
    http://www.nin.com/music/add-violence

"PART TWO. THE VIEW WIDENS AND EVERYTHING IS IN QUESTION."
    http://i.imgur.com/xCUS8Yi.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone else noticed what looks like it may be blood on the inputs under the Presence meter on the original picture?
    Last edited by lysergicengel; 07-22-2017 at 08:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtapt View Post

Edit: Forgot to mention that the same scratch marks are visible in the bottom right corner of the first graphic. 4th occurrence?
    those are catalog numbers for the releases. they're in chronological order, other than Welcome Oblivion being in the middle for some reason.

that's an image of Russel Mills working on Cargo In The Blood, each one was hand-fired.

that's just a version of the NTAE cover art, not really much different from the digital release cover. pretty sure it's just cropped.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I clicked the "share" link from my phone which is set up as-is upon the updates, and the "share" disappeared but nothing happened. Then my Twitter looked messed up for a moment. When I went back a bit later, it was fine. No idea if anything is related, or my things just suck since, you know, I'm on the poor side of things. But it was odd. It didn't share a link on my Twitter, though. Just weird and not catching anything else.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xvostya View Post
    Antichrist Superstar's Track 99 ->cycled-> Irresponsible Hate Anthem?
    Kind of. Not like The Wall where it's one line broken between the end of the album and the beginning, more like that distorted sound at the end of TBW was reworked into that beat for the opening of NTAE. Could be completely off, but you know, ARG.

Also, here's my review of AV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Long time reader, first post. Just registered. I'm not sure if this has been brought up but going back to the connection between these EP's and Year Zero, has anyone noticed in the 'discography' section of nin.com, the description for Year Zero says "musically and conceptually way ahead of it's time" and the description for NTAE says "so-far-behind-the-times-it's-ahead-of-its-time"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryG View Post
    Well song of a bitch, yes it has. This is what I posted a day and a half before the YZ connections were shown in the "This Isn't the Place" video. Did anyone here order the sticker pack before it changed??