Thread: Oasis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Just want to stop in and say that Oasis is one of my favorite bands of all time, and the never-ending shit show between the Gallagher brothers is also one of my favorite things.

It is undeniable that Noel endlessly rips off classic songs from the past, and Oasis catch hell for it, but honestly James Murphy does the exact same thing with the same results. Noel is one fucking HELL of a song-writer.
    Which brother wins for their post-Oasis work? I listened to the Beady Eye album once and enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Which brother wins for their post-Oasis work? I listened to the Beady Eye album once and enjoyed it.
    IMO Liam sucks and Noel is much better.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    IMO Liam sucks and Noel is much better.
    I've had Noel's first solo project, from 2011 on my shelf, still in the pastic wrap. Listening to it now. It's not bad.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Noel by a long shot. High Flying Birds' two albums were both pretty damn enjoyable. The second album from them even had a couple of tracks that sounded like they'd have been Oasis tracks if Lliam had sang on them. But Lliam's voice sounds like shit now, and as a solo artist it's painfully obvious that Noel is the better of the two.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Noel by a long shot. High Flying Birds' two albums were both pretty damn enjoyable. The second album from them even had a couple of tracks that sounded like they'd have been Oasis tracks if Lliam had sang on them. But Lliam's voice sounds like shit now, and as a solo artist it's painfully obvious that Noel is the better of the two.
    I like the High Flying Birds better than Beady Eye. I prefer Noel's voice over Liam's.
    It reminds me of when my friends and I used to compare Tom Delonge to Mark Hoppus.
    Last edited by Boots; 09-10-2017 at 11:49 AM. Reason: add