Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
There's some insulting words being thrown around, but realize you're also writing in an extremely condescending and insensitive manner, given that the subject matter is so emotionally charged for nearly everybody here (and, well, everywhere).

Gender studies is an enormous, well-documented field of academia, and you're acting like none of it exists or matters when it comes to rape culture, which is clearly a case of arguing from ignorance (and I'm not trying to insult you, but you've seemingly decided things are the way you think they are, and anyone who tells you otherwise can't possibly be better-informed about it because... reasons). Also, Trudeau said that in 2015 — yes, he's been Prime Minister for nearly two years — because he wanted the issue of equity to be taken as a given. Which is what we need in order to move forward and do better with getting power back in the hands of people that have been denied it for too long. Whether I think he's done well with that or not (it's taking way too long, IMO), that's at least a necessary starting point, even if, on its own, it was an insufficient gesture to redistribute power. BUT AT LEAST HE MADE A GESTURE.
Yeah, i was being condescending with some angry person. I'm a bit of an asshole myself, but I wouldn't bring that to a conversation where the people i'm interacting with are being respectful.

I don't think I'm being insensitive in any way, just trying to be logical about it. People need to calm down a bit and stop getting so damn defensive when anyone has questions or a different view. I'm even on the same side, it's not like i'm blaming the victims, being antifeminist, or pretending this is not a big deal.

I explained my view on the gender issue in a previous post.

Trudeau is a fake with good PR.