Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
Of course they are, but what I meant by fuck puppet is their (or the man's, but we are talking about the women's perspective now) status in that quasi relationship, and not being a literal ragdoll to be dragged around. If you go on a sex date or some improvised netflix and chill hangout, the only thing you can be sure about is that the other person intends to have a sexual encounter with you, and if you have absolutely no intentions like that, then do not ever go. Now, whether he is a cool and respectful guy who puts the male protagonists of romantic movies to shame, or an asshole who immidietly pulls down his pants and instructs you to have at it is a big-big question mark, unless you actually know the person (ie. you are friends who happened to take it to the next level).
I’m not watching/reading news on the subject, so I don’t know what’s going on, but your first paragraph portrays that there is a huge lack of common sense going around nowadays.

Maybe it’s because of technology? I don’t know, but it seems people are losing touch with the real world and how it operates. It’s almost as basic as “don’t accept candies from strangers”.

We have to understand that there is a risk involved in meeting with strangers, especially meeting in a private place (their/your home). Whatever their social media says/shows, it is not necessarily a true indication of how they really are and what they are after. Yeah, social media and apps like tinder have made it easier than ever to hookup, or just to meet people with that intent. Common sense tells me: meet in a public neutral space, get a feel of how this person is, listen to your gut. And even if everything seems fine after a couple of dates, always be aware that you don’t know that person and that behind closed doors, their attitude might change from super nice to “i don’t take no for an answer”. Always let friends/family know where you’re going, who you’re meeting with, and at the first red flag, just walk away, leave, and have your phone ready for an emergency call just in case.

It’s a 2-way street. As much as we need to educate people not to force themselves sexually onto others, we also have to educate people on how things really are and how to be on the safer side for their own good.