Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2056

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Has anyone ordered and received the new cap with the white NIN logo? If so, can you share a picture and is it the same style as the cap with the black logo.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Yeah and I am curious about the back of the new hats since they don't show them on the site. Is it the plastic snap kind? The adjustable cloth strap?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Yeah and I am curious about the back of the new hats since they don't show them on the site. Is it the plastic snap kind? The adjustable cloth strap?
    My favorite style are the 39Thirty caps by New Era but i can totally see why they only do snap, or god forbid, cloth strap as they don't/can't carry different sizes on the solid backs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I wish they would make/sell Flex-Fit hats!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I wish they would make/sell Flex-Fit hats!
    Same here. I don't wear clasped hats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's a new shirt from The Fragile at Hot Topic:

https://www.hottopic.com/product/nin...ine+inch+nails

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    first thing that popped into my head...

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

hahaha, very interesting choice and positioning for sure.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onedayiwasgone View Post
    There's a new shirt from The Fragile at Hot Topic:

https://www.hottopic.com/product/nin...ine+inch+nails
    This looks like a bootleg to be honest.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    This looks like a bootleg to be honest.
    I saw it this past weekend at the Hot Topic store and it looks really nice. It has a NIN logo on it so ill probably pick it up. *sigh*

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    First thing that popped into mine..

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    First thing that popped into mine..

Just remember Morrissey was selling signed copies of other people’s albums at his gigs in 2018 or whatever (Bowie, etc). You can’t get much more fucked than that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Just remember Morrissey was selling signed copies of other people’s albums at his gigs in 2018 or whatever (Bowie, etc). You can’t get much more fucked than that.
    I'd imagine that would be more likely to devalue the album than add value.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Anyone notice that the zip up hoodie in the UK shop has a black zipper? I'm thinking about ordering this but does anyone have any experience with the fit of this specific hoodie? (Does it run big or fitted?) Ordering from US so I'd rather get the size order right the first time. Thanks!

https://store-uk.nin.com/collections...-zip-up-hoodie
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 08-10-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Has anyone ordered anything from the NIN store recently? I placed an order on July 15 for a few soundtracks on vinyl, the GWTDT CD soundtrack, and then 2x of the white logo NIN hats. Everything was in stock and here I am almost 4 weeks later still waiting for it to ship. Is this typical of the NIN store lately? I've been holding off contacting them but am starting to get annoyed.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Has anyone ordered anything from the NIN store recently? I placed an order on July 15 for a few soundtracks on vinyl, the GWTDT CD soundtrack, and then 2x of the white logo NIN hats. Everything was in stock and here I am almost 4 weeks later still waiting for it to ship. Is this typical of the NIN store lately? I've been holding off contacting them but am starting to get annoyed.
    The sooner you contact, the better, although don't expect an immediate response, and I wouldn't necessarily expect an illuminating response. However, if there is a problem with your order, that will be immediately obvious, and could be nipped int the bud.

I ordered a record off the QOTSA store an age ago, after a month or two, I emailed asking about the status, they said they were looking into it, and a couple of weeks later the order was refunded because there hadn't been inventory. In that case it's entirely possible that I was able to place an order because I'm a weirdo who still whitelists javascript by domain, and there was probably lazy front-end code to hide the "add to cart" button on the product detail page.

Don't feel bad sending the email. Take the opportunity to cheer on the team for dealing with the madness.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Thank you for your contact. We apologize for the delay with your order. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have additional details regarding exact fulfillment dates for each item but we do expect to have ALL orders fulfilled within the coming weeks.

Once your order has shipped, you will receive an automatic shipment confirmation email with your tracking details.

If you would prefer to cancel the order due to the wait, please confirm with your order number and we will take care of that for you right away!
    It took 3 days for this response. I'm fucking pissed. This is the last purchase I make from the NIN store.

I fully expect this to go the exact same way as the last purchase I made (and will ever make) at Merch Now: after 3 fucking months, I was told that a number of items I purchased were out of stock, some were gone for good because those fucking morons didn't put purchased items aside and as they were waiting for A, B or C to come back in, someone found extra copies of X, Y, and Z and updated online inventory so someone else purchased the CDs I paid for months ago.

I ordered two of the new white logo hats along with vinyl and I swear to God if I get fucked out of those hats because putting the fucking items someone buys into a box and then shipping that box is seemingly impossible for a company that exists to do nothing else, I am going to fucking snap. I've been waiting 3+ years for a hat like this to be available again and the ones I paid for almost a month ago are sold to someone else...

And of course, at the same fucking time, Pearl Jam is doing the SAME THING. I ordered over 200 bootlegs on 7/15 and am still waiting. No one at their store knows what the fuck is going on either. HOW IS FULFILLING ORDERS SO FUCKING DIFFICULT?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol, the PJ store is a laughing stock at the board I frequent. it's run by yes men and sycophants who are there only because Eddie & co have no idea how to say 'no' to these idiots and want the 'family' to have steady jobs.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It took 3 days for this response. I'm fucking pissed. This is the last purchase I make from the NIN store.

I fully expect this to go the exact same way as the last purchase I made (and will ever make) at Merch Now: after 3 fucking months, I was told that a number of items I purchased were out of stock, some were gone for good because those fucking morons didn't put purchased items aside and as they were waiting for A, B or C to come back in, someone found extra copies of X, Y, and Z and updated online inventory so someone else purchased the CDs I paid for months ago.

I ordered two of the new white logo hats along with vinyl and I swear to God if I get fucked out of those hats because putting the fucking items someone buys into a box and then shipping that box is seemingly impossible for a company that exists to do nothing else, I am going to fucking snap. I've been waiting 3+ years for a hat like this to be available again and the ones I paid for almost a month ago are sold to someone else...

And of course, at the same fucking time, Pearl Jam is doing the SAME THING. I ordered over 200 bootlegs on 7/15 and am still waiting. No one at their store knows what the fuck is going on either. HOW IS FULFILLING ORDERS SO FUCKING DIFFICULT?

@nin_store_service , can you take a look at this issue above?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    lol, the PJ store is a laughing stock at the board I frequent. it's run by yes men and sycophants who are there only because Eddie & co have no idea how to say 'no' to these idiots and want the 'family' to have steady jobs.

Wait, the PJ store is a shit show???? I was about to order some stuff from there. Now I will hold off and just go to ebay or discogs

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There's a thread on the Pit or Porch or whatever it's called full of people complaining about shipping costs. If you order both puzzles and the buttons it costs like $70 to ship them.

$70!
    Every store seems to charge way too much for shipping but this is crazy, especially when you consider the buttons and puzzles themselves add up to $70. Hell, I just put three stickers plus the buttons into a cart ($13) and the shipping is also $13 so it's possible.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Every store seems to charge way too much for shipping but this is crazy, especially when you consider the buttons and puzzles themselves add up to $70. Hell, I just put three stickers plus the buttons into a cart ($13) and the shipping is also $13 so it's possible.
    This is because everyone's using Shopify, because Shopify's easy to set up as an online store. How do you make it easy to set up an online store? You reduce configurability. What does that mean? Well in the olden days, you'd box up what you're selling, take it to the post office, where the height, width, length, and weight are measured, and the distance from where you are to where it's going is factored in, and you get a very specific shipping price. This is easy to do at the post office (or UPS, or FedEx Kinkos or whatever) because you have all that.

Now, even just packing things into a box can be a bit of science. If you're selling a pillow that's 2'x3', you can compress that pillow to a fraction of its size and ship in a much smaller box. With stickers, you could easily mail them in a standard envelope for the cost of a stamp, buttons could probably go into a padded envelope. All of this is really easy to do when you're in a room full of packing material and products that you're shipping.

In order to get that same level of shipping estimation online, you need all that data. Product dimensions. Product shipping dimensions. Weight. Available boxes, available box dimensions. All of this information needs to be entered by hand. And what things can be packaged together? P.S. If you're shipping chocolate across the country, now you need to include an ice pack or two, depending on what zone you're shipping from and shipping to.

Now tell all that to Mary the Merchandiser, who has the job of uploading product information. The information Mary the Merchandiser is basically a set of IDs (SKUs) and prices, and a couple of photos to attach. Even if you had the time to enter in all that dimensional information, Shopify wasn't designed for that level of complexity. It doesn't have slots to store that data, and it doesn't have the logic to calculate shipping costs even if it did have the data.

So instead, you do it like this:
    If a cart totals $50 or less, shipping is $13.
    If a cart is $50.01 to $100, shipping is $30.
    If a cart is over $100, shipping is $70.

Or maybe you bake the cost of shipping into every product price, and during checkout, $13 stickers ship "for free" (thanks Amazon Prime for poisoning everything about this).

Some months, you make a profit on shipping! Some months, you take a hit on shipping! The trouble is, to get more exact on shipping costs, you have to invest in both technology and staff. The end result may be slightly happier customers, but will it translate into enough of a boost in conversion rates that you've paid for the work you're putting into this new, more detailed system?

Probably not, and that's how you end up with a $26 order of buttons and stickers that would probably be $5 at Hot Topic or at the merch booth.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    This is because everyone's using Shopify, because Shopify's easy to set up as an online store. How do you make it easy to set up an online store? You reduce configurability. What does that mean? Well in the olden days, you'd box up what you're selling, take it to the post office, where the height, width, length, and weight are measured, and the distance from where you are to where it's going is factored in, and you get a very specific shipping price. This is easy to do at the post office (or UPS, or FedEx Kinkos or whatever) because you have all that.

Now, even just packing things into a box can be a bit of science. If you're selling a pillow that's 2'x3', you can compress that pillow to a fraction of its size and ship in a much smaller box. With stickers, you could easily mail them in a standard envelope for the cost of a stamp, buttons could probably go into a padded envelope. All of this is really easy to do when you're in a room full of packing material and products that you're shipping.

In order to get that same level of shipping estimation online, you need all that data. Product dimensions. Product shipping dimensions. Weight. Available boxes, available box dimensions. All of this information needs to be entered by hand. And what things can be packaged together? P.S. If you're shipping chocolate across the country, now you need to include an ice pack or two, depending on what zone you're shipping from and shipping to.

Now tell all that to Mary the Merchandiser, who has the job of uploading product information. The information Mary the Merchandiser is basically a set of IDs (SKUs) and prices, and a couple of photos to attach. Even if you had the time to enter in all that dimensional information, Shopify wasn't designed for that level of complexity. It doesn't have slots to store that data, and it doesn't have the logic to calculate shipping costs even if it did have the data.

So instead, you do it like this:
    If a cart totals $50 or less, shipping is $13.
    If a cart is $50.01 to $100, shipping is $30.
    If a cart is over $100, shipping is $70.

Or maybe you bake the cost of shipping into every product price, and during checkout, $13 stickers ship "for free" (thanks Amazon Prime for poisoning everything about this).

Some months, you make a profit on shipping! Some months, you take a hit on shipping! The trouble is, to get more exact on shipping costs, you have to invest in both technology and staff. The end result may be slightly happier customers, but will it translate into enough of a boost in conversion rates that you've paid for the work you're putting into this new, more detailed system?

Probably not, and that's how you end up with a $26 order of buttons and stickers that would probably be $5 at Hot Topic or at the merch booth.
    That all makes sense and I am not arguing with your logic above but I think ultimately everyone loses with that model. In my case, I am wanting to order a hat, but I as sure as shit won't pay the high shipping cost for one item. I typically wait for another item or two so i can bundle it as it seems shipping costs get cheaper. For example, my past 3 orders ( i have more but its basically the same pattern) (FYI, i live in Florida so this stuff is being shipped across the country)

Quake (2 copies)/TSN DE = $108 + $12.80 Shipping
    Bad Witch Button Set / Broken RHOF Tee - $30 + 6.24 Shipping
    PHM Tee / Vinyl Logo Tee - $40.00 + $7.24 Shipping

Also, the vinyl weigh more and require better packaging but I am technically paying less than for 2 t-shirts.

So i can spend over $100 and only pay $12.80 or spend $40. 00 and pay $7.00. Logically and mentally (which i think is the biggest factor here), I feel like I get a better deal.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    That all makes sense and I am not arguing with your logic above but I think ultimately everyone loses with that model.
    I totally agree! If you don't know or haven't guessed, my day job involves some pretty deep ecommerce consulting. Having some awareness of how some companies are operating in order to cut certain corners can be helpful in crap-ass situations like this. For example, when we were tiling our bathroom floor, we ordered these sweet wood-look hex tiles off... Everlane? Maybe? Some big online marketplace for home goods. Initially, we added six boxes to our cart, and when we went to check out, the shipping was astronomical. I don't remember the exact details, but for the sake of storytelling, if we placed an order of two boxes, shipping was free.

So instead of placing one order with (justifiably) large shipping cost, we placed three orders, and saved something like 60-100 bucks. Now, on the merchant's side, this is a double-whammy. They're probably taking a hit on shipping, AND every order that's placed is using a credit card charge, which means that their payment provider may be taking a a cost per-order in addition to a percentage of the sale.

To the end user, it's pretty dumb. Behind the scenes, it's super complicated, and there are different points where different merchants just throw their hands in the air and give up. "Fuck it, here's a shipping table. Recalculate product prices to make it work."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @nin_store_service, can you take a look at this issue above?
    @klyrish , did you ever get this sorted out?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    @klyrish , did you ever get this sorted out?
    Nope. Still waiting and haven't heard any sort of follow-up past what I posted last from them. I guess they're handcrafting everything I ordered.

My fault, though. I shouldn't have expected to receive what I paid for.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    In a shocking twist, my order arrived today, 7 weeks and 1 day after placing it (all items were in stock) and all three records are fucked up because these clowns are incapable of packing vinyl in any way that doesn't destroy the packaging in transit.

I'm not bothering with a return because I'm not waiting 7+ weeks more for the same or worse quality replacements.

Absolute fucking bullshit.

100% my fault for ordering though. And I've absolutely learned my lesson: supporting Trent directly is a punishment and I won't ever make that mistake again. Fuck me for trying to support my favorite artist.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    oh man, that sucks.

but you reminded me: I should be getting a shipment from the UK shortly with *counts* 3 vinyls, a CD, a shirt, and...another copy of a book?...and etc. Anyway. I hope they all arrive better packed than that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've learned to only order records individually from the nin store, else they all get packaged together and then inevitably get mangled.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    In a shocking twist, my order arrived today, 7 weeks and 1 day after placing it (all items were in stock) and all three records are fucked up because these clowns are incapable of packing vinyl in any way that doesn't destroy the packaging in transit.

I'm not bothering with a return because I'm not waiting 7+ weeks more for the same or worse quality replacements.

Absolute fucking bullshit.

100% my fault for ordering though. And I've absolutely learned my lesson: supporting Trent directly is a punishment and I won't ever make that mistake again. Fuck me for trying to support my favorite artist.

That sucks! Sorry for your bad experience. Those caps look sweet though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk