Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bruce Spingsteen

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    The Bruce fans had unrealistic expectations. There were plenty of lower priced seats. They think they're going to get front row for the same price as the rafters. If you look at upcoming shows there are a ton of tickets available where people are trying to make money. I'm sure a lot of them are from scalper bots. I scored pretty good tickets for $100 on the presale. I wasn't going to spend more than that, so I lucked out. I wasn't going for the gucci seats at all & had success. There's 2 sides to this....
    I went online as soon as tickets went on sale and was put in a stupid que, by the time I could get tickets they were all gone and were being resold for hundreds/thousands of dollars. He doesn't care and didn't address the issue. I can't get just a single Boston ticket, have to spend like $600.00+ for two. Really pissed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Couple weeks ago I scored a last minute ticket for the KC date, had a great time even sitting behind the stage and in the nosebleeds. First time seeing Bruce and I was thoroughly pleased with the setlist.

Didn’t really get deep into Bruce until I picked up the Live 1975-1985 box last year. I would highly recommend it as an affordable and in-depth presentation of his classic era. Also there is something about the live E Street band that brings energy to the material that is kinda lacking on some of the studio cuts, in my opinion.

So far I’m a big fan of everything up until the 90’s, although I’m starting to warm up to a few specific tunes.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I saw Bruce Monday night in Seattle. The show was great. This year is the 45th anniversary of the first time I saw him when I was in high school. I've seen him play better but this show was better than most. I can't see him doing huge tours like this much longer. He's 73 now & showed some signs of slowing down. The show was 27 songs & clocked in at 2 hours 45 minutes. When I got to the arena I found my tickets weren't ADA as advertised. I complained & the arena upgraded me for free. There was one jaw dropper at the show: he did Trapped which he hadn't played in years. If you can get some realistically priced tickets I'd recommend going.