Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think well will see the pace quicken they may even be drawing up terms for his resignation as I type with his foundation and money man being given immunity, and with new York state going he can't pardon state charges. my guess is he's family is next on the menu. he's surrounded himself with incompetent idiots.looks you don't scram your innocence into to twitter @1:00 am in the morning if you're clean. and people will go shit now we have to deal with pence, for his flaws and there are a lot. Pence is intelligent understands the office better less impulsive less malleable, and better controlled by our current system.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    i wonder who the hookup matchmaker was for that, since roger stone is currently hiding under a rock
    Stephen Miller would be my educated guess.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i just saw one of the funniest memes i've seen in a while if trump wanted Hillary locked up he should have put her in his Cabernet
    -louie

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Apparently the American flag has blue stripes:

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...colored-wrong/

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post

I think he had the Russian flag in mind.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Dear DNC: please start grooming this guy for the 2024 general.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Re: John McCain - My grandmother told me, "If you have nothing nice to say about when I'm alive, don't praise me while I'm dead."

John McCain was a maverick in the sense that he went against the grain of Republican politicians, which means that he was only moderately awful instead of completely awful. I've seen a lot of folks call John McCain racist because he commonly referred to the Vietnamese people as "gooks." Okay - so we're calling him a racist based on the people who tortured him and not the policies he endorsed that disproportionately hurt multiple ethnicities? Okay. I've also seen people laud the clip of him on the campaign trail in 2008 - yes, the woman was using coded speak when she said "Arab" and meant "Terrorist," but McCain did the ABSOLUTE bare minimum to back her off of that, which again, is what you currently see from the Republican party around their backhanded endorsement of xenophobic attitudes and policies.

Yes, McCain was a war hero who endured things that many of us couldn't fathom enduring, and he should be honored for that always. As a human being, he seemed to get along well with many people who looked past his politics and appreciated him for the human being that he was. As a politician, McCain was at the forefront of helping shape the Republican party into what it is today, and his legacy should always be remembered as such. He was a problematic man who made friends with many people on capitol hill who made sure to view him in rose-tinted lenses, which was something he seemed to be 100% aware of and made sure to utilize even in passing. He could have and should have done more to live up to that title of maverick, but when you have a political party who exists to make the rich richer and wipe out the poor and struggling, then I guess the bar was already pretty low for him to earn that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Now that is petty.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    And cue someone being thrown under the bus, a miscommunication blamed, etc, and the flag being lowered again after everyone (rightfully) calls him out for how shitty that is.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    @Lt. Randazzo , I think John McCain 's 08 run was his low point. He was a lot cooler around 2000. Check out the essay David Foster Wallace wrote about him for Rolling Stone, which appeared in Consider the Lobster.

I liked McCain because he worked with politicians from the other side of the aisle and advocated bipartisan endeavors.
    That's how this country used to work and SHOULD work.
    He was one of the last of a dying breed, one who wasn't part of this realpolitik, black and white tribalism bullshit. He also, back in the day, was a strong advocate of campaign finance reform, to the point of calling his colleagues "crooks" to their faces. I think he honestly served something bigger than himself and sincerely did what he thought was right (08 run aside.)

I don't think there are many people like that left.

Also, Trump supporters hate him, so he was doing SOMETHING right.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-27-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Trump is way too stupid to realise that his actions concerning McCain's death reflects badly on him. He is showing his true colors. But I am sure his supporters will defend him by saying that he's not an hypocrite; everybody knows he hated McCain.

If you are the freaking President, you have to act like it and put your pettiness aside.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    And cue someone being thrown under the bus, a miscommunication blamed, etc, and the flag being lowered again after everyone (rightfully) calls him out for how shitty that is.
    DING DING DING!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm just going to say it: if McCain was a Democrat, I'd be willing to bet money that the flag wouldn't have gone back down again after his little pissy protest.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    GOP senator: McCain is 'partially to blame' for controversy over White House flags

Oh, so now we're victim blaming? Slut shaming? Whatever else the kids call it today?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm just going to say it: if McCain was a Democrat, I'd be willing to bet money that the flag wouldn't have gone back down again after his little pissy protest.
    If McCain was a democrat, that flag wouldn't have gone down to begin with.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I know, it's Fox News, BUT this same story is being carried by a multitude of other media outlets and it originated with the Washington Post.

Cohen lawyer admits he was anonymous CNN source for bombshell story on Trump Tower meeting

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cohen-lawyer-admits-he-was-anonymous-cnn-source-for-bombshell-story-on-trump-tower-meeting/ar-BBMxdt0?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Side note, i have no idea why it's not displaying as a link. It kinda pisses me off.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 08-28-2018 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    trying a no trump Tuesday going ro refused to watch read or comment on anything trump. i guess i failed by posting to this thread starting.... now
    -Louie

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    McCain was a warmonger who never saw an opportunity for US forces to bomb brown people that he didn't like. He was 100% bought & paid for by the defense industry his entire career. He consistently voted for the rich at every step to the detriment of the poor & middle class of this country. He allowed Sarah Palin to be his VP pick. He also voted against recognizing MLK day in Arizona multiple times throughout the 80's & 90's. I will not excuse these & other heinous acts just because he was a war hero (deservedly) & a gentleman in the Senate who occasionally did the right thing.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    GOP senator: McCain is 'partially to blame' for controversy over White House flags

Oh, so now we're victim blaming? Slut shaming? Whatever else the kids call it today?
    :P
    Slut shaming.
    That's fucking priceless.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Trump is either spreading misinformation about Google search results which he views as unfavorable to him, or he's stupid

Also, this whole thing about media bias, coming on the heels of the revelation that the tabloids were in his pocket and doubling as a way to bury negative stories...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Signs of life (and hope) in the Florida Dem gubernatorial primary yesterday.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    trump is very very scared about the midterms proof meeting with evangelical leaders and lying telling them dems are going to take away tax exemptions and be voilent funny how religious leaders will support a serial cheater liar and goes against everything they supposedly stand for...
    -Louie

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Trump is either spreading misinformation about Google search results which he views as unfavorable to him, or he's stupid
    Can't it be both?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    A friend of a friend is trying to claim that whole McCain / flag business is 100% manufactured by a biased anti-Trump media, and that legally he did nothing wrong. He "proved" his point by showing that he flew the flag as long as he was required to.

So, I dropped a few stats about how long he flew the flag for a religious man who appealed to his base (well over a week) and high school / other mass shootings (average 4-5 days), and after several journalists were murdered (one day). Told him in no uncertain terms that he is, without question, using the flag lowering as a "fuck you" to people he either hates or wants his base to hate.

Said friend of friend still doesn't get it.

This is why I'm just so tired of trying to discuss things with people. I didn't even attack the guy. Didn't call him names. Didn't swear at him. Literally just countered his point with statistics of my own, followed by a reasoned analysis. And yet he's just spewing on about the liberal media. I hope I'm never so blindly in support of (or against) somebody that I can't see the obvious in front of me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    A friend of a friend is trying to claim that whole McCain / flag business is 100% manufactured by a biased anti-Trump media, and that legally he did nothing wrong. He "proved" his point by showing that he flew the flag as long as he was required to.

So, I dropped a few stats about how long he flew the flag for a religious man who appealed to his base (well over a week) and high school / other mass shootings (average 4-5 days), and after several journalists were murdered (one day). Told him in no uncertain terms that he is, without question, using the flag lowering as a "fuck you" to people he either hates or wants his base to hate.

Said friend of friend still doesn't get it.

This is why I'm just so tired of trying to discuss things with people. I didn't even attack the guy. Didn't call him names. Didn't swear at him. Literally just countered his point with statistics of my own, followed by a reasoned analysis. And yet he's just spewing on about the liberal media. I hope I'm never so blindly in support of (or against) somebody that I can't see the obvious in front of me.

I'm reminded of something I heard once before, where someone said that those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it, and those who do learn from the past are doomed to watch helplessly as the world repeats it anyways.

Stupidity might be the happier way to go. Ignorance is bliss. Fuck it all, lets do coke.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    llok i rarely do this but I'm done at the point of not even mentioning the word trump around known supporters. to the point where i rarely even speak about politics anymore. you can blame me of becoming complacent. so be it. look you are incapable of fact based logic look if you want to walk around with food in you teeth. your clothes on backward or toilet paper hanging of your person, enjoy i am trying as best I can to help you not look like a fool in public and if you going to call me names and try and get into an argument with. like is too short. look people enjoy all kinds of shit i think is dumb or repulsive whatever. maybe I'm the fool but bottom line. is trump is far too stupid and self unaware to get away with anything of this magnitude. so when this all comes crashing down and it will, i'm not going to sat "i told you so" or put it in your face. i'm going to kick back and smile sleep well knowing the system still works and and try and take comfort in that. something trump will never be able to do. has a good chance of loosing everything. and i'm OK with that. these things have a way of playing out. how's O'J. doing. there are bigger things to do in trying to fix our broken government. If you take a different perspective this whole thing keeps him in check from doing anything to crazy. and know that he's probably crazy with worry every day wondering when the other shoe is going to drop. and possibly lose all he holds dear his wealth family and mostly brand. and on that day the oly thing i may do is buy a round just cuz.
    -louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 08-31-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    You knew this when you signed on so pardon me if I don't have a care for you or your future prospects.

And how is my day going?

So you can afford that sweet tax break for the rich but screw the COLA increases for people who actually work. Nice.