Page 68 of 80 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think apologists and trying to be clever morons can officially stop claiming the left is as bad as the right
    Nah. This was one moron who has a decades-long criminal background and is probably an idiot. I'm as left-leaning as they come and I'm the first to admit that we've got plenty of our own violent and unstable idiots. The key difference is that the presidents on this side of the aisle don't actively encourage and celebrate this kind of behavior.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    If the right's culture hasn't become poisoned & the left has its fair share of idiots, why aren't the left mailing bombs, carrying out spree killings, driving cars into protesters etc.

Trump is making it worse, but they've been steadily doing more and more of this sort of thing over the years, it predates trump and it goes beyond the US

Their hysterical, apocalyptic narrative is too much for dumb and unstable people to handle, but they perpetuate it despite the atrocities it provokes

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Alleged bomber's facebook name was Cesar Altieri Randazzo.

Closer look: Cesar Altiere Randazzo.

Ahem. @ltrandazzo ...something you're not telling us?

(I kid, I kid)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Alleged bomber's facebook name was Cesar Altieri Randazzo.

Closer look: Cesar Altiere Randazzo.

Ahem. @ltrandazzo...something you're not telling us?

(I kid, I kid)
    Yeah, saw that and was THRILLED. Ugh.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Alex Jones will be saying you're an actor or something

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Imagine when the orange shitbag and his crew saw these van pictures for the first time and thought ‘How the fuck do we spin THIS?’

today, he blamed the divisive media and their unfair treatment of him. Really. Not even kidding

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sigh, it's all so damn exhausting.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    today, he blamed the divisive media and their unfair treatment of him. Really. Not even kidding
    Slightly off topic, but I wish we could ALL stop referring to any 24 hour cable channel as "media" and reserve that term for legitimate journalistic outlets that toil tirelessly to provide in depth and unbiased reporting instead of desperately trying to fill the airwaves with content around the clock. They're two entirely different things. I feel like there aren't nearly enough people that are just as skeptical of CNN as they are of Fox - they only bash one or the other while praising whichever one they're not pissing on. I feel that one is worse than the other, but they're both complete shit compared to quality journalism.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I didn't even think of this until Jon Favreau said this on Twitter just now - this was a coordinated assassination attempt of two former presidents, a former vice president, two former first ladies, and other former senior government and intelligence officials... and Donald Trump is blaming the media for all of this.

This is fucking crazy.
    I really wish he had a different name. I have to remind myself every time!

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Slightly off topic, but I wish we could ALL stop referring to any 24 hour cable channel as "media" and reserve that term for legitimate journalistic outlets that toil tirelessly to provide in depth and unbiased reporting instead of desperately trying to fill the airwaves with content around the clock. They're two entirely different things. I feel like there aren't nearly enough people that are just as skeptical of CNN as they are of Fox - they only bash one or the other while praising whichever one they're not pissing on. I feel that one is worse than the other, but they're both complete shit compared to quality journalism.
    CNN is definitely better, and not just because I lean left, but yeah it’s all sensationalist dramatic political theater. If you don’t actually get news from legit unbiased sources, you’re only hearing partisan spin

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Exactly. The word “media” is PLURAL of “medium,” means of delivery. But it’s grown to mean “mass media,” and there are many versions of mass media. It’s all = news delivered with opinion and commentary to a mass audience for profit. With differing target demographics.

I actually groan just as much with MSNBC and CNN, now, as I would with Fox News. It’s just so fucking overwrought. I JUST want the information, not all the hand-wringing and repeated doomsday bullshit. I like Maddow a lot, but I wish it wouldn’t take her 45 minutes to unfold one story like I’m watching fucking CSI and I have to sit through 800 commercials (“stay with me ...”). So I read the newspapers, but THAT isn’t without emotional bias these days, either.

MEANWHILE, this is for those morons on Twitter saying the bomb mailing guy couldn’t vote because he’s a convicted felon:

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...2016-election/
    Last edited by allegro; 10-27-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I think apologists and trying to be clever morons can officially stop claiming the left is as bad as the right
    one of the news shows said an excuse to be stupid, this is getting actually scary, wondering if midterms don't
    trumps way if we aren't one step closer to civil war, one also wonders if dem's win the house say and actually do something like supena his tax returns totally legit request will he openly give a finger to the law and push his supporters to revolt?
    -louie

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I don't entirely understand how anyone has the patience for TV news. Disregarding issues of bias or whatever (which I honestly don't even give that much of a shit about), I feel like it's a terribly inefficient medium for disseminating information. Reading news articles is just was easier and faster. I can blaze through a news article that contains all of the same info shown in some fucking TV news segment, but it'll take me maybe a quarter of the time. I think the reason that "in depth" investigative journalism is primarily found in print journalism is that writers can cover way more material in less time. Even a great documentary can't compete with that. In terms of content volume, one hour spent reading a long article will provide you with more content than one hour spent watching any news segment, even the rare high quality ones.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    There are so many political threads, now, I don't know if I'm posting this in the right thread?

This synagogue shooting is so awful. The Anti-Defamation League is saying it's the biggest attack on Jews in American history.

But looking at the "why" of all of it is not surprising.

Modern American Jews are heavily focused on civil rights, including but not limited to immigration rights and liberty, etc.

HIAS (Hebrew Immigration Aid Society) and the ADL have teams that have visited the Mexican border.

The Tree of Life shooter posted many online statements indicated hatred of HIAS and Jews, and claiming that immigrants from across the Mexican border were going to "slaughter" Americans and that Jews were responsible for said "slaughter." The shooter is SO far right, he thought Trump is too much of a globalist and a "Jew-lover."

The right is Hell-bent on delivering propaganda targeting George Soros and Tom Steyer, Jewish billionaires who donate to the left, and each of whom received mail bombs last week.

And the President of the United States and other Republican leaders are perpetuating this rhetoric and hatred with tweets and ads. See today's tweet from Trump about a Jewish man who received a bomb in the mail a few days ago; a Tweet delivered the day after the largest attack on Jews in American history:

Last edited by allegro; 10-28-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Trump's tweet regarding Tom Steyer references an interview with Jake Tapper, which is here: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ti-semitic.cnn

In that interview, they discuss House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's below tweet, which has since been deleted. This interview is what Trump is discussing in his above tweet.

Soros, Steyer and Bloomberg: All Jews.

Edit: and if we can't get any possibly weirder, there is now this "Afrocentric Alt-Right." And the Young Black Conservatives were at the White House a few days ago.

Meanwhile, my husband and I are members of the local JCC because we go to the really cool gym, there. This morning, we received this email:

Dear Friends,

We woke up this morning to a shared, unspeakable sadness with hearts that ache for our family and friends in Pittsburgh. Still, we woke our kids, took them to Sunday school and sports and swim lessons at the J. We unite in our grief and our resilience.

I want to assure you that there has been no immediate threat to JCC Chicago nor Chicago’s Jewish Community. We are on heightened alert—our staff are closely monitoring all building traffic and diligently checking IDs. We are working with our partner, Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, who is in primary contact with local law enforcement and regularly sweeping all sites. It is important to remember that JCC Chicago has protocols and processes in place for times such as these as well as for emergency situations, and that our staff is trained to respond appropriately.

JCC Chicago remains dedicated, more than ever, to offering safe community spaces to learn, engage, enjoy and connect. It is in these moments of darkness that we must unite as one, dedicated to protecting the values that define our incredible community.

If you have any questions or concerns I am available to connect. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Addie Goodman
    President/CEO
    Last edited by allegro; 10-29-2018 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Yeah, the synagogue shooting is so incredibly upsetting. They released the names and ages of the people killed, and nearly all of them were old.

Joyce Feinberg, 75
    Richard Gottfried, 65
    Rose Mallinger, 97
    Jerry Rabinowitz, 66
    Cecil Rosenthal, 59, brother to victim David Rosenthal
    David Rosenthal, 54, brother to victim Cecil Rosenthal
    Bernice Simon, 84, wife to victim Sylvan Simon
    Sylvan Simon, 86, husband to victim Bernice Simon
    Daniel Stein, 71
    Melvin Wax, 88
    and Irving Younger, 69

I don't know why seeing their ages got to me so much. Obviously it's terrible when anyone is killed, no matter what their age. But there's just something about this that seems so cruel. I mean, the guy gunned down a bunch of elderly people.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Never thought I'd hate someone as much as I hate Cucknald J Dump but here we are. I can't wait to vote against the people wanting to perpetuate his agenda here but I fear McSally might eke out a win.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i get so upset used to be OK with watching the morning shows now just frustrates me. they never question any one they have on they say someone needs to take responsibility then have a Republican and not one question about trump and his hateful rally speeches he's your party control he time to get these do nothing enabler the fuck out. the the amount of voter manipulation o going on don't see much movement complacency was how hitler got started. and if you don't think trump wouldn't love to install himself as supreme leader and jail or kill anyone who say a bad thing about him i've got some tapeworm recordings to sell you
    -louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    FYI, a Muslim-founded crowdfund for the victims has raised over $66,000 in its first day.

https://www.launchgood.com/project/m...h_synagogue#!/

So the current score card looks something like this:
    "Filthy Jews": haven't done anything wrong. Murdered in cold blood.
    "Terrorist Muslims": raised tens of thousands of dollars for the victims.
    "White guy whose freedom is under attack": actual terrorist who just gunned down a Synagogue.

I'm no racist, but white guys scare me.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Oh, and in the interest of fairness: Obama received sharp criticism from both the "failing New York Times" and members of his own party for golfing in the wake of an American journalist's execution by Islamic extremists.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/22/u...a-critics.html

So for anyone who feels like launching into some "whataboutism" - fuck off. Our last guy made some arguably questionable calls, but he got flagged for it too. He didn't get a free pass. We're holding your guy to the same standard, that's all.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    If the right's culture hasn't become poisoned & the left has its fair share of idiots, why aren't the left mailing bombs, carrying out spree killings, driving cars into protesters etc.

Trump is making it worse, but they've been steadily doing more and more of this sort of thing over the years, it predates trump and it goes beyond the US
    my wife said pretty much the same thing you're saying here, and here was my response:
    well, to be fair, we DO have leftist militias carrying guns.
    If you wanna talk about the past, I mean, we had the Weather Underground blowing up buildings. We had the May 19th group. We had the SLA robbing banks and killing people and kidnapping Patty Hearst. In Canada, we had the Quebecois terrorists, the Front de Liberation.

And if you wanna talk about outside the North America, SHIT. Where do I start? Carlos the Jackal?

The difference is that I support a lot of these causes, even if I don't support the methods.

But make no mistake. There are plenty of leftists prepared to commit violence. It's a fucking miracle that Antifa and some of these right wing groups haven't just straight up started shooting each other yet. But it might be coming.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-29-2018 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    See, this is the shit that bothers me:

https://www.facebook.com/DTINMP/post...115413?__xts__[0]=68.ARCIDTWYd-FkJzWlOwqBWO2wC0K476jwRR-h8T3LsZcDSZRs3PrjQj3wfAYE5g077lnkovN9oKjKdxXsB-pF7gKTm19TpZF1A94H0pevju6aCIoSJjw_ATkBXTvRe89hM2yz Agd2WYr2XL36W94_KR4pZIZh6Lo_NXz6k4VzvXOllOJKMp5kaK vvOEgaTSgPqv7jgnw_Uz_7H43yqsvWgN3EwuSvbw&__tn__=C-R

Here's the reaction from most of the Dems on the page: "someone needs to kick his ass". "Someone needs to attach a bomb to his car."
    Here's the reaction that SHOULD be happening: "someone needs to fucking call the FBI and report the license plate"

(One user claims that photos with the plate do exist...if anyone happens to find them, please, for the love of god, call somebody)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Good morning. Here's your daily reminder that America is being overrun by white nationalists further emboldened every day into committing acts of political violence by a coordinated far-right machine with tacit support from the top tiers of all three branches of federal government.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    K thanks but I think everyone with an internet connection and eyes already knew that.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    K thanks but I think everyone with an internet connection and eyes already knew that.
    Oh, okay I guess it no longer bears repeating.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    holey crap we are in a sick sick country, any euro ETS's need a roomie? feel like i need to get the F out. the amount of hate voting manipulation. as Bowie said, "this is not America." hard to even look at the news.
    -louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    10/26: Trump supporter arrested for mailing bombs to newsrooms
    10/29: Trump calls the press "the enemy of the people" on a public social media platform

Fuck it. I want him impeached. If there is one shred of evidence for a legitimate impeachment after Mueller's report, I want it acted upon swiftly. He needs to be removed not just from office, but from society (to be clear, I'm insinuating jail, not death).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    10/26: Trump supporter arrested for mailing bombs to newsrooms
    10/29: Trump calls the press "the enemy of the people" on a public social media platform

Fuck it. I want him impeached. If there is one shred of evidence for a legitimate impeachment after Mueller's report, I want it acted upon swiftly. He needs to be removed not just from office, but from society (to be clear, I'm insinuating jail, not death).
    again what really sticks in my craw is again they keep making excuses for him. again republican's curb your mutt! i know you've rigged the election every possible way. but i hope you loose and loose big on the 6th.even with"W" I rarely used the word hate. but in this case what this creature. i refuse to call him a man and especially not president. that his is doing to the country. with his full tilt intentional partisan division and hate filled rallies. and pence to side and do nothing to support this lying fool. look i'm now fan of religion. but to call himself a christian but bu those looking in you're, suppose to be "bearing witness" i believe is the term. you're doing a piss poor job of it bucko. i need to go put my head back in a hole or maybe oven.
    -louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Oh hey, look at this...how weird.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    there is no bottom here
    -louie