Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Matthew Whitaker on @CNN, July 26, 2017: "I could see a scenario where Jeff Sessions is replaced, it would recess appointment and that attorney general doesn't fire Bob Mueller but he just reduces his budget to so low that his investigations grinds to almost a halt."
    Wouldn't the House be in charge of his budget though, since they handle government finances? Probably an @allegro question.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Wouldn't the House be in charge of his budget though, since they handle government finances? Probably an @allegro question.
    https://history.house.gov/institutio...-of-the-purse/

The DoJ handles its own money, though, within the specifications of appropriations.

https://www.justice.gov/jmd/page/file/1033186/download
    Last edited by allegro; 11-11-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    It's like i said from the beginning, all congress had to do was play nice together, work on bipartisan solutions, ignore Trump until they needed him to sign something, then let him take credit for it so he could sit around stroking his ego. He'd have been absolutely harmless from a legislative standpoint. Nobody actually needed to cooperate with Trump himself. But instead, the reds and the blues just went mad after each other, settled themselves at opposite extremes, and dug in the heels. Healthcare, Immigration, Opioid reform, all of that could have been dramatically improved within the very first year. If we're really lucky, the senate and the house will realize that they have to work together on some level to get anything done at all. Otherwise, it is basically going to be a gridlock, and Trump will veto anything and everything he doesn't like.
    Some problem with that is that Trump arrived with his own campaign promise agenda and his team of wackos helping him to make those campaign dreams come true, like Mnuchin and Miller writing wacko worst-case legislation that the House then has to use as baseline template and temper and tone down but not too much because the Freedom Caucus is breathing down everyone’s necks wanting overly-conservative shit at every turn (and then Trump just blames the Democrats because the Trump fans don’t know a Freedom Caucus from a Freedom Fry).

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    White House gave Jim Acosta from CNN the boot, Secret Service revoked his pass to get in.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeah, i get that. I'm super cynical about politics so i expect everything to end up a pile of worthless shit, but it's nice to at least try and see the potential for positive action. I have no illusions about the red and blue battle lines going away anytime soon. Wishful thinking. At this point it's probably too late anyhow; the Republicans let Trump go from a sideshow to a monster to a barely contained juggernaut.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    White House gave Jim Acosta from CNN the boot, Secret Service revoked his pass to get in.
    This is messed up. I looked at the video and he never hit that woman contrary to what conservative websites are saying. She approached him and tried to take the mic away and he simply put his hand in-between and said "excuse me m'man".

The press corp better stand with Acosta on this one. Best case scenario would have the entire WH press corps boycott any future briefing by the WH.
    Trump completely lost his shit today and I think it's only the beginning of him going mental as a result of losing the house. This whole "we had a very successful night" is pure bullshit. There's no way a narcissist person like Trump believes he won something last night. He must be fuming inside.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    nobodyisabovethelaw.org

time to start a new thread?

NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW—MUELLER PROTECTION RAPID RESPONSE

BREAKING: PROTESTS CALLED FOR THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 5 PM LOCAL TIME

Donald Trump has installed a crony to oversee the special counsel's Trump-Russia investigation, crossing a red line set to protect the investigation. By replacing Rod Rosenstein with just-named Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker as special counsel Robert Mueller's boss on the investigation, Trump has undercut the independence of the investigation. Whitaker has publicly outlined strategies to stifle the investigation and cannot be allowed to remain in charge of it. The Nobody Is Above the Law network demands that Whitaker immediately commit not to assume supervision of the investigation. Our hundreds of response events are being launched to demonstrate the public demand for action to correct this injustice. We will update this page as the situation develops.

Last edited by arsenic; 11-07-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Marcy Wheeler wrote this really informative article a week about what can happen if Mueller gets fired. https://newrepublic.com/article/1519...-fires-mueller

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    giving my self a time out from this thread until i can correct my negative attitude i just feel like were sliding toward a dictatorship and no one seams to care, markets are doing good. time for some gummies and anytime bye for now...
    -louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Marcy Wheeler wrote this really informative article a week about what can happen if Mueller gets fired. https://newrepublic.com/article/1519...-fires-mueller
    That’s a good article with a lot of great strategies.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    That was one crazy press conference today. I really don't get how people like this guy.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    ok back that was an awesome article mantra thanks for sharing ok gummies anytime, treadmill and row machine did it'salso tom merrello's new album a nice mix of rage prophets of rage audio slave and edm atalus underground good i'm pissed and going to exercise this off
    -louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    solution to the CNN delema he's alway crying fake news quit covering him ban him no more TV coverage he would come crawling back in a day
    -louie

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    solution to the CNN delema he's alway crying fake news quit covering him ban him no more TV coverage he would come crawling back in a day
    -louie
    Haha, this is a fucking hilarious idea, I love it. Although you'd have to go longer than a day. More like two weeks, maybe. I sincerely wonder how Trump would react to it and how it would all play out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    lmao

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    -louie
    I don't think that would do it though. He hates them with a passion. He'd probably be BRAGGING on a daily basis on Twitter that "Fake News CNN couldn't handle me anymore" and chalk it up as a win against "the enemy of the people". As long as Fox is still sucking his dick he probably wouldn't care if literally every other outlet in the world stopped covering him.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The press hates him so much at this point, it’s just war. I’ve never, in all my ancient years, seen reporters ask questions of a sitting President based on unsubstantiated rumor and hearsay and gossip at a press conference. I cringed watching them ask the question, like EGAD is that REALLY what you want to ask? But they’re doing it with him because they hate him. Because he hates them. Because they hate him. It’s a vicious circle circus.
    Please don’t “many sides” this. They hate Trump because he constantly lies and attacks them for doing their jobs. The hate is justified and Trump’s treatment of news the tantruming toddler doesn’t like is causing damage to credibility (as in truth, in general) as well as gaslighting his stupid/evil base.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-08-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Someone just told me that it was a "luxury" for Acosta, and any member of the press, to even be invited to the White House in the first place - for a press briefing, no less. Their words, not mine.

I asked them to clarify that they just seemed to insinuate that a free press is a luxury, not a right. They simply replied "in this country, yes sir".

Christ on toast. I politely excused myself from further discussion right there, knowing full well that literally nothing I could ever say would get through to them.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT

Ginsburg hospitalized after breaking three ribs in office fall

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Weeeeeeelp.

Shit.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    If you’ve ever participated in an advertiser boycott, you know the righties love to tout the first amendment. Boycott the advertisers of Laura Ingrahm and you’re a commie who doesn’t care about free speech, according to them. The first amendment protects you from government retaliation, not from people reacting to your bullshit. It also specifically protects the press. Acosta did nothing wrong and the trump crowd is buying the false narrative that he did. If you read any thread about this topic on Twitter, they’re calling him names and saying he deserves it. You would think the patriots would be screaming about government shutting down a member of the free press who was doing his job. Where is their free speech outrage? I wish things weren’t so skewed.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    She complained of discomfort several hours after falling in her office. I'm keeping my panic tempered knowing that this didn't just happen five minutes ago and that she was rushed in dramatic fashion and that this was instead announced via court press release.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    She complained of discomfort several hours after falling in her office. I'm keeping my panic tempered knowing that this didn't just happen five minutes ago and that she was rushed in dramatic fashion and that this was announced via court press release.
    Same. That was my thoughts upon seeing the breaking news. Hopefully she’s at the best hospital ever tho.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sanders using what appears to be an Infowars-based, doctored video of the press conference to claim Acosta was violent.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jim-...fowars-2018-11

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Another clip demonstrating that the video was doctored
    https://mobile.twitter.com/rafaelshi...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sanders should be fired over this shit.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Info Wars is insisting it provided an unedited clip... CNN could sue

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    God have mercy, this RBG news is going to send me into a complete nervous breakdown.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Taking a step back, what did Putin want? To create division and destroy faith in American democracy.

It's working. It's working REALLY well.
    And there may NOT be any definitive evidence of collusion. That would be the ultimate jumblefuck.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think Ginsberg will come out OK, another shooting, not a peep about caravan or invasion? funny how the right is so easily manipulated by fear.
    -louie