Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    AAAAAAAAH

I mean good news but I just decided to sell my OG WT and YZ LPs

I wonder if the market will crash

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    just ordered both with teeth and bird box...pretty sure the 20% discount was not added at checkout.
    was wondering if it was just me. $98.75 for Bird Box ($80 box set / $12.55 shipping / $6.20 tax)

EDIT: nvm

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    AAAAAAAAH

I mean good news but I just decided to sell my OG WT and YZ LPs

I wonder if the market will crash
    I doubt it - the release of the first round of definitive editions didn't seem to have much of an affect on the market values of the prior iterations - folks still like a first pressing!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Seems like they are shipping these things QUICK! Just got a UPS shipping notification.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The .wav version of Bird Box is downloading impossibly slowly. I'd love a PM of the .mp3 version if anyone's had success with getting it downloaded. Thanks!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Seems like they are shipping these things QUICK! Just got a UPS shipping notification.
    me too!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Oh god they did it finally

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm waiting until With Teeth is available on Amazon, because I'm not spending $50 (after shipping) on this. If anyone wants to PM me the digital files to hold me over until then, I would be forever grateful.
    Last edited by minusthesnake; 11-22-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Shipping notification in less than a couple hours or ordering?! I like it!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    I'm waiting until With Teeth is available on Amazon, because I'm not spending $50 (after shipping) on this. If anyone wants to PM me the digital files to hold me over until then, I would be forever grateful. ����
    support your local(ish) record store or something, you know some of them will have copies, and it’s worth the trip to make amazon suck it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This in from BSI Merch:

Really sorry but we’ve been having trouble with the FLAC and WAV files. The tech team are working on fixing this right now. I’ve noted your order ID down, along with your original file type ordered - this’ll be sent out to you tomorrow.

Fair enough, I guess. Nice, prompt reply.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Ordered and completed the WAV download...

Happy Friday!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    This in from BSI Merch:

Really sorry but we’ve been having trouble with the FLAC and WAV files. The tech team are working on fixing this right now. I’ve noted your order ID down, along with your original file type ordered - this’ll be sent out to you tomorrow.

Fair enough, I guess. Nice, prompt reply.
    They've probably been running drills for weeks. Special training. Probably have grief counselors in the office today just in case.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, if anyone wants to help a brother out with the digital files for both, I'm having difficulties as well (most likely because I'm at work).

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Ordered and completed the WAV download...

Happy Friday!
    After seeing this, I canceled my existing download with 4 hours left and started a new one. The new download was so fast my hair blew back a little.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    anyone remember where they ship from? i'm hopping on an Amtrak tomorrow for Thanksgiving and won't be back until the beginning of December. wasn't expecting them to ship it out so fast, so if it's likely to get to Pennsylvania during the time i'm gone, i wanna request it to be delivered to my apartment's front office or to a nearby UPS location.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My silly .WAV download won't work, would be very grateful if someone could send me an mp3 link to pass the time. Thank you!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The [WITH_TEETH] DE sounds fucking phenomenal. There are so many more details present. Lots of little things in the background that are suddenly so much clearer and more obvious. There also seems to be a slight bump to bass as this version is slamming a HELL of a lot harder in my headphones. I notice a lot more vocal layering, too. Listening to the original CD rip, I can hear some of them now, they're just nowhere near as obvious in the mix there as they are on the DE--and I noticed a LOT of that with The Fragile DE as well.

For the record, my chain: Metrum Onyx DAC -> THX AAA 789 amp -> Hifiman HE6se

EDIT: "Home" definitely sounds different than the rest of the album. I don't know how to properly describe it. It sounds more cold/sterile and veiled while the rest of the album is much warmer and clearer; bass on "Home" isn't as elevated and it's not slamming as hard as the other tracks ("The Line Begins to Blur" hits especially hard).
    Last edited by klyrish; 11-22-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So, "Home" has never been one of my favorite songs. However, this DE version is outstanding!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The bass is definitely boosted in the new master and it's giving some of these songs a whole new life. Overall the remaster isn't significantly louder like the last three DEs were, but that's probably due to the fact that WT was already mastered quite loudly. "Sunspots" sounds the most improved to me, there's so many little textural details in the background that are muddy on the original master, but are crystal clear on this remaster.

"Home" is one of my all time favorite NIN songs, in fact I like it more than anything on WT, but I just don't think it fits on the album. I'm glad it doesn't segue into the tracks it's between, because I think I'm going to move it to my "Non-Album Tracks" NIN album where it belongs. It will be nice to have it on better quality vinyl though. I have the old THTF 7" single it was included on, but the sound quality isn't the best, especially after 15 years of me playing it regularly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    The [WITH_TEETH] DE sounds fucking phenomenal. There are so many more details present. Lots of little things in the background that are suddenly so much clearer and more obvious. There also seems to be a slight bump to bass as this version is slamming a HELL of a lot harder in my headphones. I notice a lot more vocal layering, too. Listening to the original CD rip, I can hear some of them now, they're just nowhere near as obvious in the mix there as they are on the DE--and I noticed a LOT of that with The Fragile DE as well.

For the record, my chain: Metrum Onyx DAC -> THX AAA 789 amp -> Hifiman HE6se

EDIT: "Home" definitely sounds different than the rest of the album. I don't know how to properly describe it. It sounds more cold/sterile and veiled while the rest of the album is much warmer and clearer; bass on "Home" isn't as elevated and it's not slamming as hard as the other tracks ("The Line Begins to Blur" hits especially hard).
    Yeah, weirdly the "Home" remaster seems to be beefier in the midrange than the low end. The snares hit harder than the old master. Even the into drone is a bit more intense. But the low end is only slightly enhanced throughout. It's a very weird track so I'm sure it was all intentional. I'm glad more people will know this incredible song after the remaster, even if I don't necessarily think it belongs on the album.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Bird Box up on ebay for $500. What a fuckin' deal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Wrong on many levels. Notwithstanding the pathetic price gouging, it's not even sold out yet, is it?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Another benefit of the DE reissue: digital art for With Teeth that accurately portrays the cover colors. I always hated going dumpster-diving for a decent image of the WT cover and was never satisfied. Now, finally, I am.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    what is wrong with people??? it's not sold out yet! it doesn't even say how limited it is! what the ​fuck?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what is wrong with people??? it's not sold out yet! it doesn't even say how limited it is! what the ​fuck?!?
    I didn't even realize it WAS limited. Is it?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perterje View Post
    I didn't even realize it WAS limited. Is it?
    Someone on Vinyl Collective said there was an inventory of 700 for Bird Box. I assume they somehow gleaned that from the code. That wouldn't necessarily mean it's a limited press of 700...it could just mean they have that many warehoused with more on the way?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Someone on Vinyl Collective said there was an inventory of 700 for Bird Box. I assume they somehow gleaned that from the code. That wouldn't necessarily mean it's a limited press of 700...it could just mean they have that many warehoused with more on the way?
    There are (usually) different sets of quantity numbers in the code, the trick is to find the one which is identical across all digital formats: in this case it appears to be 1328 (was 1354 when I started looking).

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I could never decide between the DualDisc, CD, or Vinyl design. If I were talented, I would’ve merged all 3 like the “Welcome oblivion” CD.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Another benefit of the DE reissue: digital art for With Teeth that accurately portrays the cover colors. I always hated going dumpster-diving for a decent image of the WT cover and was never satisfied. Now, finally, I am.
    THIS! It was impossible to find a good version that didn't have the Parental Advisory logo baked in. Was so happy to see this JPEG in the folder when I unzipped.