Thread: Star Wars: The TV Shows (Spoilers)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Good lord! Remember when they were going to let the franchise rest? LOL!

Movies:
    Rogue Squadron (directed by Patty Jenkins, coming out Christmas, 2023)
    Untitled Taika Waititi Film

Disney+ Series:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen reprising their roles, directed by Deborah Chow)
    Ahsoka (previous rumors of her getting a spin-off are true, executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni)
    Rangers of the New Republic (Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, executive producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni)
    Lando (Justin Simien is developing the story)
    Andor (tense nail-biting spy thriller created by Tony Gilroy, Diego Luna reprising his role as Cassian Andor, Alan Tudyk is back as the voice of K-2S0, also includes Stellan Skarsgard, Adria Arjona, Fiona Shaw, Denise Gough, Kyle Soller, and Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma. Coming in 2022)
    The Acolyte (Leslye Headland developing a mystery-thriller set in final days of the High Republic era)
    Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Animated series)
    Star Wars: Visions (series of animated short films celebrating Star Wars through the lens of the world’s best anime creators)
    A Droid Story (Animated series that will introduce us to a new hero, guided by legendary duo R2-D2 and C-3PO)

I'm excited for several of these, but I must say, it seems like OVERKILL!
    Apparently Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic will take place concurrently with The Mandalorian and the three shows will "build toward a larger story."
    I guess we can forget about the new trilogies that were to be helmed by Rian Johnson and David Benioff & D. B. Weiss?
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 12-10-2020 at 07:07 PM.