Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Would be great if someone on here could fill me in as a big Refused fan on how many SAMURAI-tracks there are in total. Won't be getting the game as my hardware is too weak and I don't want to buy a console.
    Last edited by dlb; 12-06-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I severely hope this patch fixes the shit that is being thrown around the internet, but the mechanics man... I do not see a day one patch fixing certain things implemented into some of these leaks. Because if so... CDPR is in for a world of hurt.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I severely hope this patch fixes the shit that is being thrown around the internet, but the mechanics man... I do not see a day one patch fixing certain things implemented into some of these leaks. Because if so... CDPR is in for a world of hurt.
    Could you be a more specific? I haven't really been following
    Honestly, I could never gel with the mechanics in the Witcher games, so I wasn't really expecting to love the gameplay. With this the world is a lot more appealing to me than anything else.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Could you be a more specific? I haven't really been following
    Honestly, I could never gel with the mechanics in the Witcher games, so I wasn't really expecting to love the gameplay. With this the world is a lot more appealing to me than anything else.
    I cannot relate to Witcher, for I have never played any of them. I hear mixed reviews with the mechanics that they are straight up bad, or it depends on how you play the game?

For cyber, specifically, the first person mechanics that were shown off a few months ago were nothing to be desired for, and it is the same thing with these new leaks. The swordplay looks janky and laughably bad, some romantic scenes are so awkward it made my skin crawl... the list goes on.

I am seriously considering waiting until the next gen upgrade is released. I am trying really hard not to pass judgment until that day one patch is implemented in, but it is difficult to believe everything will magically be fixed by it. The world is also what I was more interested in, but with the way the game seems to play, the visuals... some of those for me is immersive breaking no matter how good the story may or may not be. We'll know for sure in a few more days!

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    honestly, I went into playing Witcher after Bloodborne, and Witcher's controls just felt like trash to me. It didn't help that I disliked all the characters and thought the world was pretty generic, and I couldn't stand all this dialog about gabby nothing bullshit...

I also understand that I MUST be wrong here, and at some point I'll come back and dive back into Witcher and realize that it's the masterpiece everyone assures me it is. The controls were just awful though.

I'm looking forward to losing myself in Cyberpunk and having the game make me give Witcher another chance. It's not even hard to win me over with a Cyberpunk type atmosphere. Beaneath a Steel Sky, Omikron, Shadowrun (for nes and genesis)... these are all on my favorites list just for the aesthetic. I'm not going to let clunks in the gameplay ruin it for me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    honestly, I went into playing Witcher after Bloodborne, and Witcher's controls just felt like trash to me. It didn't help that I disliked all the characters and thought the world was pretty generic, and I couldn't stand all this dialog about gabby nothing bullshit...

I also understand that I MUST be wrong here, and at some point I'll come back and dive back into Witcher and realize that it's the masterpiece everyone assures me it is. The controls were just awful though.

I'm looking forward to losing myself in Cyberpunk and having the game make me give Witcher another chance. It's not even hard to win me over with a Cyberpunk type atmosphere. Beaneath a Steel Sky, Omikron, Shadowrun (for nes and genesis)... these are all on my favorites list just for the aesthetic. I'm not going to let clunks in the gameplay ruin it for me.
    Ugh.. After Bloodborne? I can only imagine. The clips I have seen from Witcher have done just that.. Bore me to death. Dam, now I wanna check it out just to get a feel for myself.

I love the cyberpunk atmosphere as well, so I'm hoping the game proves me drastically wrong once I get my hands on it, but I guess I'll make that decision of waiting after trying it out at least... I did pre-order it. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of games I have enjoyed with shit controls in the past, just trying to leave my expectations at the door as best as I can.

Omikron I almost purchased for dreamcast all those years ago from some random magazine I had but knew nothing about it so I passed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Witcher III played like trash on consoles because it was a computer game mostly. The menus and controller usage made it obvious. Witcher II is worse offender of that if you played it, which I doubt.

I still enjoyed game and beat it heavily.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Witcher III played like trash on consoles because it was a computer game mostly. The menus and controller usage made it obvious. Witcher II is worse offender of that if you played it, which I doubt.

I still enjoyed game and beat it heavily.
    I did try Witcher II, on PC, briefly.

And I have a keyboard/mouse on my PS4, so if it makes the game better sign me up. But really, the controller interface scheme isn't what turned me off w/ Witcher.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I couldn't get into the story until near the end...so I get what you're saying. I played it on PC, can't remember if it was controller or M+KB.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I already hate the discourse for CP2077 online. People attacking anyone with a score that's not high enough (?) or too low or not low enough, and now someone has (very validly) pointed out there's an epilepsy trigger in some of the games flashing lights and she's now being sent videos to trigger her epilepsy...all because she dared say something bad about a game they haven't played. I hope the games fun but my god this is all putting a damper on my excitement for it...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm not a gamer, but i picked up an xbox to play this. I dont play online and i dont watch twitch videos. I'll happily enjoy this in my quarantine bubble. happily avoiding whatever nonsense drama is going on around it.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    intentionally attempting to trigger someone's epilepsy is a crime. That's fucked up

Anyway though, it seems most of the critical response is positive so far.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Cannot wait to play this. Waking up at midnight tomorrow just to download the patch so it's ready to roll for Thursday.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    What platform is everyone going to be playing on? I wish I could play on PC atm. Going to see what the game has to offer for the first few hours and see if I really can wait for the upgrade.

Yea, the review controversy and bashing is littered all over my Twitter feed; I actually had to mute the name Cyberpunk 2077 in my settings along with a few others for people constantly making fun of the game and passing full judgment on a game they didn't even play yet... Ugh. While it is a great time to enjoy video games, the crap surrounding so many releases is sad and embarrassing.

People literally hacked the Game Awards poll to make sure TLOU 2 doesn't win it. There are legit reddit pages dedicated to make that game fail at any cost. It's fucking sad man...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's social media in the year 2020 lol. It's what I do for work, so I see the bottom of the barrel. Pay it very little mind. Hoping the patch clears up the bugs but from what I hear there are some that are bonkers...that the first patch may not get. CDPR must be aware of what the reviews are all saying. I'd bet my mortgage that they're crushing bugs literally 24/7.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    It's social media in the year 2020 lol. It's what I do for work, so I see the bottom of the barrel. Pay it very little mind. Hoping the patch clears up the bugs but from what I hear there are some that are bonkers...that the first patch may not get. CDPR must be aware of what the reviews are all saying. I'd bet my mortgage that they're crushing bugs literally 24/7.
    Yes, but for some reason I am still baffled at times with the drivel people still spew out.

I just got an email from Best Buy saying my order was ready yesterday, so I'll be picking it up later today.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Whenever i get around to picking this game up it'll be on PS4 provided it runs well enough, I can take a hit on the visuals as long as it performs without much of a hitch.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My copy should be shipping for Thursday soon enough.

I got an Xbox One copy. Not sure I’ll play on or near release day. Still got Valhalla to play.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-08-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So, reviewers were given a patch as well for reviews, but it turns out it's not the one that'll be available for everyone at launch coming up here...that patch is apparently bigger and more refined to catch even more of the existing bugs and issues. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'll be on PS4, mainly as i'll get the free update to PS5 next year (whenever i can get my hands on one of those!)

My copy is on the way, should be here tomorrow (and then however long it takes to download and install the patch!) So fingers crossed by tomorrow evening i'll be sitting back with a nice curry and some Cyberpunk action...just need to work out which of my OC's i wanna play with first, Tomassi, Banana Katsu or Finger Bangs (yes these are all characters i have created and drawn on my insta, yes their names are random, no i regret nothing)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

LOL bwahahaha!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sort of hard to make out all of it, but hidden in a flash within the most recent launch trailer is a CDPR message. Most important within it is that the first of many free DLC expansions will be arriving 'early 2021'

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And of course as we all know...it's begun. Be careful. Or if you want to take the plunge...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    getting rona tested, so i cant go back to work until it is negative. Debating on going to bed early so i can wake up at midnight to start this.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Well, this is nice to hear! Check the rest of the thread.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    IT'S HERE!

...now i have to wait 6 hours for it to download and install. I'll do some drawing and put some shelves up i guess.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Man, this game is unbelievable. How is it living up to the hype I gave it in my head lol. Runs like a dream on the Series X and have only encountered the smallest of bugs personally (Jackie walked through a car once lol, minor UI bugs) but damn. I'm hooked.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I read that it had over 1 million concurrent Steam users last night, pretty unbelievable. Obviously that doesn't even count the consoles or the GOG version.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I read that it had over 1 million concurrent Steam users last night, pretty unbelievable. Obviously that doesn't even count the consoles or the GOG version.
    Yeah, i had been wondering if maybe GOG would break some records since that is the main place that CD Projekt Red would get the maximum of profits.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Been playing it on my base Xbox one and it was buggy as hell. The frame rate is choppy at times too, and the graphics definitely are taking a hit. That being said, I’m still really enjoying it and can’t wait to get a series x so I can play it on our new 4K tv properly.