Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.25-26-27 Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I saw the same (or similar) seats some time ago.I called the venue and asked to verify those were a legit seat. They told me there are no box seats, there are no vip. So I didn't buy them and assumed they were a scam. If you learn otherwise, let me know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    I saw the same (or similar) seats some time ago.I called the venue and asked to verify those were a legit seat. They told me there are no box seats, there are no vip. So I didn't buy them and assumed they were a scam. If you learn otherwise, let me know.
    Thanks. When I saw those seats on Vivid seats I was worried because they have such a poor reputation. But was reassured to see them on StubHub since they have good customer service. And they supposedly are in some vip area with seating and waiter service. And Aragon does have boxes on some seating charts that match up with that description. But then I saw the fees add more than 50 percent to the ticket price so I held off. And now your comment really worries me further. The venue should know what kind of seating there exists. I get that those seats were never on public sale. I assume that they were given to the seller but your inquiry implies they don’t exist. Sigh. I had my three shows on this tour and many more on earlier ones so may just sit tight. Or call the venue and probe further.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    If I recall from 9 years ago (totally probably still accurate...), the floor was all standing, while the balcony was a combination of seats against the balcony with standing room behind and around them, but the seats were GA, so anyone could sit where they liked or where they could find a spot. I'm not 100% sure that'll be the case this time around, but I vividly remember being able to sit at the front rail on the rear balcony to film on my camera the first night, then standing down in the crowd the night before. Not sure whether those would even be the same as the ones being listed on Stubhub right now, but thought it might give you a better idea of the seating situation as it was in the past at least.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-25-2018 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    just boarded the train to chicago. safe travels to you all and i cant wait to see everyone tonight!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I’m on my way, too! Just got out of KC. Gonna get there around 4:30, then to the venue as soon as I can after getting settled. Travels safe everyone. SEE Y’ALL TONIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    I'll be at all three shows! My homeboy from back home in FL is coming up and we are going to fuckin' RAGE! The Saturday show I'll sport the new ETS shirt so be on the look out! @ImTheWiseJanitor I'll have your Saturday tick for you on Thursday so let plan to meet up at the show.
    I’ll message you as soon as I can and we’ll figure out deets for meeting up!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Halfway there, myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be arriving tomorrow around 3pm from Cleveland, attending both Friday & Saturday night.

I'm so torn on whether to look at tonight's setlist. On one hand, it'll be nice to know to not have my hopes up for a song that gets played tonight. On the other hand, it would be such a bummer to go into Friday/Saturday with some of the element of surprise removed, knowing which songs aren't going to be played.

Either way, I'm insanely excited for this weekend. I'm game to meet up with folks, and hopefully I'll meet some of you in line!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Seems like I've been waiting an eternity for these shows! I'm getting in late tonight (probably will only be able to catch NIN tonight, so I'm not expecting to have a great spot in the crowd) and then both Fri and Sat shows.

Does anyone know what time the doors actually open for these shows? I've heard conflicting information (anywhere from 6pm to 8pm). I haven't been following that type of stuff for the rest of the tour so far and don't know how consistent they've been with doors/set times/etc.

See you all soon!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post
    Seems like I've been waiting an eternity for these shows! I'm getting in late tonight (probably will only be able to catch NIN tonight, so I'm not expecting to have a great spot in the crowd) and then both Fri and Sat shows.

Does anyone know what time the doors actually open for these shows? I've heard conflicting information (anywhere from 6pm to 8pm). I haven't been following that type of stuff for the rest of the tour so far and don't know how consistent they've been with doors/set times/etc.

See you all soon!
    My ticket says 7:00 PM

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Heading out from Wisconsin soon.

Pumped.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    My ticket says 7:00 PM
    I took that to mean the show/music (meaning the opening act) begins at 7:00 and the doors likely open at 6:00. Can anyone confirm? It doesn't specify a doors open time on the Aragon website or Ticketmaster...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I took that to mean the show/music (meaning the opening act) begins at 7:00 and the doors likely open at 6:00. Can anyone confirm? It doesn't specify a doors open time on the Aragon website or Ticketmaster...
    Pretty sure I read somewhere doors are at 6. I'd have to do some digging to find that though. It might have been back when the presale hadn't happened yet - I think there was some sort of FAQ or something?
    Last edited by Mike; 10-25-2018 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Spelling error.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If anyone who goes tonight can confirm there is an area that is perhaps VIP with assigned seats in boxes in the balcony please let me know (as someone on StubHub is representing). I’ve tried calling the box office and get an endless loop and no person without knowing a name to search for in the directory. As I said in an earlier post with my height (and having seen three shows on this tour) a GA venue is no good.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    We're in line, line is on the west side of the cta tracks. Come in down!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    We're in line, line is on the west side of the cta tracks. Come in down!
    Awesome! How's the line looking at this time of day? Pretty long already? Trying to gauge what time I should head over there tomorrow

This Songkick page says doors are at 19:00 (7pm), though I wouldn't consider that an official source:
    https://www.songkick.com/concerts/33...ragon-ballroom
    http://vivatumusica.com/event/aragon-ballroom-2-2/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aragon just tweeted:

TONIGHT: @nineinchnails is FINALLY here on the Cold and Black and Infinite Tour with special guests @TheMaryChain & @GabeGurnsey! Doors open at 6pm. There a still a limited number of tickets for the show. Grab them before they're gone: https://bit.ly/2L4PK6w

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just drove by the line. It’s not bad. I didn’t count but I think everyone in line right now will get rail along with a few more. Probably in between 20 and 30 but that’s a guesstimate. I think tomorrow may be worse earlier due to it being a Friday.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    Aragon just tweeted:

TONIGHT: @nineinchnails is FINALLY here on the Cold and Black and Infinite Tour with special guests @TheMaryChain & @GabeGurnsey! Doors open at 6pm. There a still a limited number of tickets for the show. Grab them before they're gone: https://bit.ly/2L4PK6w
    *promptly starts booking it* Welp! Good thing I’m already half an hour ahead of schedule.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Line is like 30ish... I expect it to start growing as people get off work.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    In line. Wearing black jacket with skinny puppy patch. Say hi

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Poster:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ahh look at that, everyone seems to be asleep! Wish I could have made it to this show or Detroit. Was at the Aragon Ballroom show back in 09 and it was one of my favorite shows I have been to

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It seems like a lot of extra people have shown up ahead in the line...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Waiting to poop at my airbnb then walking to the venue see you pigs soon!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Traffic is balls, so I’m gonna be a while yet. Probably an hour ish! But to anyone who is able to - would anyone be willing to grab a show poster if I have cash for you when I get there? Worth asking. Cant wait! I’ll be in jeans, indigo ETS shirt, tan jacket, black NIN hat, shaved head, beard, big ol’ Demon Seed tattoo on my arm. Say hey!

@nmitchell86 - Expect a PM when I get there!

Edit - Totally got a poster, btw.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-26-2018 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Apparently, all of the balcony is vip only. We made it up and where "grandfathered" in with wrist bands but what a bunch if bullshit imo. We'll be headed down to the floor if my wife can't get up here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Interesting that the poster says "GOODBYE" on the bottom. I can't say I'm a fan of this poster (or the artist), hopefully the next two nights have better posters...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Apparently, all of the balcony is vip only. We made it up and where "grandfathered" in with wrist bands but what a bunch if bullshit imo. We'll be headed down to the floor if my wife can't get up here.
    That's interesting because I called the venue (month+ ago) and they said very sternly there was no VIP for the show (not as in not currently available but as does not exist for this show).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well they are limited and selective on letting people up. The rail seats are definitely vip. The rail behind the seats seem to be "open".