I have another update! Jane from LiveNation called me and told me that they apologize for the delay but that the presales had them swamped on Saturday (which is absolutely true and I completely understand and don't blame them! lol). They said they do have ADA tickets held for me to purchase, but that because of "management" (not sure who they mean by this) they aren't allowed to sell them until the rest of the tickets go on sale (that sounds to me like there will be more tickets for sure for these shows, everyone! Don't blame me if wrong I'm just inferring based on what she said....)

So, she said she will email me, and I just got that email, and to reply to the email with my info and the number of tickets and the show(s) I want to go to and she/they will process my order as soon as they are able. Here is the email she sent:

Hi Staci,

Here’s my email. Please send me at your earliest convenience your information and as soon as we are able to, we I’ll process your order. Most likely it will not be processed until next week but I’ll let you know when it is.

Thanks
Jane

So, things are still looking good! If a bit sketchy to send my card info through email...... but it's NIN and I must. So, email sent, one ADA ticket for the 10/27 Saturday show requested, and I'll let you all know how it turns out! Thanks for the support here guys, I've been freaking out wondering if this can even happen for me and so embarrassed that I actually need an ADA ticket when I used to do rail, damn surgeries.

I hope to see a bunch of you guys there!!!! ❤️