Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE 2018 - Official Tour Merchandise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    If you have a Hobby Lobby in your area, get your posters custom framed there. FAR FAR cheaper than Michaels normally. Yes the coupon posted above is actually a halfway decent deal for them b/c its steeper than usual. But their normal "discounts" of 50-70% that rotate out every week are usually BS. The frame job you described would NEVER actually cost $1000 there or anywhere else. That job would be at least $30 cheaper at Hobby Lobby imo. I just dropped off my large, obtusely sized 36x15 NIN BOTP 2017 tour print & it was $146 to frame with double matting and a gorgeous black frame.

Same trip I dropped off my 25x19 Bonnaroo 2008 poster. Double matting, 3 cut outs for passes/extras on the bottom, two wristbands attached to the matte. Required a $13 spacer also. $255 total.

Non fancy mattes at Hobby Lobby cost $24 or less. The really crazy ones are $36 and up, but those aren't necessary. Also, you can use the always available 40% off coupon on their circulars and website on the glass portion of your frame job.

Highly recommend them. Cheapest you're gonna find unless you have a hook up with a local framer. Sorry I get alot of things framed. Rant over.

The problem is, you're then supporting Hobby Lobby and their bible nut execs (remember the supreme court case a few years back), who also happen to be corrupt as shit:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...f-iraq/532743/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post

The problem is, you're then supporting Hobby Lobby and their bible nut execs (remember the supreme court case a few years back), who also happen to be corrupt as shit:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...f-iraq/532743/
    This is the exact reason Hobby Lobby has never received any of my money, ALWAYS shop elsewhere.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    This is the exact reason Hobby Lobby has never received any of my money, ALWAYS shop elsewhere.
    I came very close to getting a couple of my NIN posters framed there. Luckily I found a great local framer who does the job in little time and at a fraction of the price. With this news I'm even more glad I avoided that nut job company.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    I hear you. I don't blame you at all. I struggle with it every time I go there. I'm pretty friendly with the women in the framing dept now so that eases it down a bit for me, but your stance is still the correct one. Ugh.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Real talk guys, why ARE Trent's trousers so cummy?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    This is one of the most interesting questions I've ever read.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Are you referring to the white stuff? It's corn starch. They've been covering themselves in it since last year.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Are you referring to the white stuff? It's corn starch. They've been covering themselves in it since 1994.
    Fixed that for ya.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Are you referring to the white stuff? It's corn starch. They've been covering themselves in it since last year.
    Hey... So would venues not allow fans in if they put cornstarch on their clothes too? That would be really fun (I mean to use cornstarch in that way... Not to be kept out of a venue).

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Hey... So would venues not allow fans in if they put cornstarch on their clothes too? That would be really fun (I mean to use cornstarch in that way... Not to be kept out of a venue).
    Both bands and fans have been doing this since the early 90s. I've witnessed cornstarch fights between fans before shows on a few different occasions. Never partook. Sweat + cornstarch... No thanks.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Amsterdam's poster, plus the coolest looking variant! Twitter's Dario Cotti.

Last edited by FULLMETAL; 06-27-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Can I trade my Friday London poster for one of those x rays dear god I need it

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Can all NIN tour posters come out on x-ray film because that is the coolest fucking thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone grabbed an extra copy of the regular print let me know. I have PayPal ready to go.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Not sure which thread this should go in, but I got my Saturday Vegas print back from the framer today. Can’t tell by the crappy photo, but it’s matted with black suede around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Not sure which thread this should go in, but I got my Saturday Vegas print back from the framer today. Can’t tell by the crappy photo, but it’s matted with black suede around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That looks fantastic!

...and damn, now I’m wishing I had put my tickets in with mine when I took it to get framed (mine won’t be ready until late next week).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sick. Nice choice going with the black

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    No info about the Switzerland show out there? Has anyone seen the poster?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    No info about the Switzerland show out there? Has anyone seen the poster?

Not sure if they’re doing them for festivals; the solo(ish) show isn’t til 9th July.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    prints of meltdown available here, foil is very limited:
    http://drewmillward.awesomedistro.co...ch-nails-print

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    @nintourhistory linked to the Berlin posters on Twitter. Grey & Red designs with foil variants for both by artist Lars Krause:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    http://www.douze.de/index.php?page=d...ers&search=NIN

Will be for sale at some point. ^^

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    BUMP: all 4 versions are available now

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

COLD and BLACK and INFINITE 2018 - Official Tour Merchandise

I was playing around on the website, seeing what was available and what pricing would look like to the US, and... uh... yeah... I’m pretty sure I went one step too far and accidentally ordered a grey helmet (red background) foil variant. I just got what I believe is a confirmation email (it’s mostly in German).

So... this will likely be up for trade once it (presumably) arrives. Not looking to gouge anyone (hell, there are still variant prints available, so get on it if you want one), but I only collect posters from shows I actually attended.
    Last edited by caca; 07-04-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I can't seem to find shipping to the UK...no England, UK, Great Britain, etc, etc....

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Jesus fucking Christ. I'm about to drop SOOO much money on merch this fall. Especially if these stellar poster designs keep coming and we get show-specific posters.

Name your price, Trent. Availability willing, I WILL buy a poster for each night. Sorry, bank account/credit cards.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who isn't really interested in these show posters? I liked when they were more "official looking", like during the With Teeth days.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Am I the only one who isn't really interested in these show posters? I liked when they were more "official looking", like during the With Teeth days.
    Yeah they're really hit and miss IMO. I'm happy with my With Teeth litho from my first show

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I loved the WT era show posters, they all had a central theme and were based off that era's art. But this era... doesn't have a defining art style. I don't think doing a run of posters like that this time around would work nearly as well.
    I am also hit or miss on these ones, some are "well shit I wish they had that at my show" and others are "I don't think I'd grab that as a free bonus with my merch" but the ones that I like I LIKE.

Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    When I went to the Wave Goodbye shows in Chicago, I cornstarched both nights (wore black fishnet shirt and tank top and everything, too) and had a good time of it. Security didn't care at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For those with general admission tickets how are you protecting your posters?