Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Yeah I know, but I was so pissed after the last two seasons that I could barely look at the characters so I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked that trailer.

I really hope this season does not shape up to be a huge Deb pottymouth fest. I really despise her and I'm kinda afraid that this is exactly what we will get. But let's see... I don't have anything to watch besides Boardwalk Empire so a little bit of Dexter is nice to have.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Just finished season 6. I HATE the crappy storyline about Deb's feeling for Dexter. Don't buy it for a second. Otherwise I really enjoyed it, the DDK was cool.

Another thing. I like watching Dexter on DVD as it comes out. So, I buy it, put in Disc 1, and it starts auto-playing a Showtime commercial. It's fine, right? You can't skip it or fast forward it. No big deal, only takes up a few minutes. Too bad it has a FUCKING SPOILER from the very last scene of the season finale!!!! Actually, it's the very last moment of the season finale. Are you kidding me?! Assholes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wow, that sucks. Just picked up season six. Good thing I saw the ending already...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thought for sure I would come here with some chat on this so far, but I was wrong! Anyway, pretty excellent opening episode and I am really looking forward to seeing where they go about this and how Deb's character either comes to terms with who Dexter really is or if she just can't get over it. Every season past, each week between each episode has been a long hard wait. This season will most likely be even tougher.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    Thought for sure I would come here with some chat on this so far, but I was wrong! Anyway, pretty excellent opening episode and I am really looking forward to seeing where they go about this and how Deb's character either comes to terms with who Dexter really is or if she just can't get over it. Every season past, each week between each episode has been a long hard wait. This season will most likely be even tougher.
    Totally agree. Great episode. Very promising season. It HAS to be better than season 6. Besides the Deb knowing thing there is so much more going on with other characters- creepy tech geek guy (can't recall his name)...and possibly some Ukrainians. All will be a threat to Dexter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah the tech guy is SUPER creepy. Definitely agree. Weird though how Ukraine is tied into this though.. Just kind of random.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And then there's the Google girl.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was pretty great. I think this season looks very promising.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This episode rocked. They were able to fit almost everything in one episode. Kills, flashbacks, some new baddies... Cannot wait to see how everything folds out.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The first episode was better than anything from season 6.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    What I like about this season is that it appears Dexter's main foe for the season will be the Ukraine mob, not another serial killer. Seeing him against another kind of sociopathy for the long haul as opposed to one episode will be interesting.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Must find this online and watch it. Just watched the first season again at random then noticed that this was starting back up, super excited.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Look no further

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow, Showtime put the premier on YouTube? Crazy! Guess they want to get people hooked.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    They always do that with premieres. The Homeland ​premiere is up to (and posted on the thread).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I fucking hated the scene in the airport.

...But I loved the rest of the episode.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No love for Dexter? So far the season has been good but the series has lost steam. I loved this show up until season 6 which I found to be disjointed and disappointing. This should be the last season, how long can they drag this out?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    This WAS supposed to be the last. Showtime talked them into one more. Sucks I dont have showtime anymore. Been having to acquire by other means. I've got the second episode, but haven't seen it yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think this season has been excellent so far. Way better than last season.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What's everyone's beef with last season? I thought it was great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It was good, yes. I think most people's beef was with some of the silly side-stories, which we haven't really had much of this season yet. I loved the Doomsday Killer plot, but stuff like Batista's post divorce, etc., was just meh. Though, Quinn is looking to have one I guess with the Russian girl.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Were any of the side-plots in the books?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey writers!
    Remember Harrison? Dexter's child? No? Ok.

I don't know where to begin. So far this season isn't bad but I feel like there's something missing, I remember when these series got me on the edge of my seat for every episode.

1. They got rid of Louis just like that, a character they were building since season 6 and was promising at some point.
    2. Does Dexter ever take care of his son?
    3. Deb seems to be getting over the "my brother is a serial killer" thing way too fast. Fuck, it's not like he is a drug-addict, you should be depressed or shocked at the very least.

Well... at least they're forgetting the incest plot (I hope).
    Last edited by burn.; 10-17-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You'd think she'd be terrified of him...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree about Louis. Dexter should have been the one to deal with him and they should have kept that character longer. He was a good nemesis. It's like last season when they got rid of brother Sam. He was such an compelling character and had a sometimes profound influence on Dex. It could have been an interesting relationship.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I thought it was kind of cool that Louis was discarded this early on. Total red herring. I thought for sure he was eventually going to kill Batisa's sister. Nope.

I enjoyed season 6 (although it was probably my second-least-favorite season- season 3 being the weakest), but this season has been better. This is still my favorite show on TV, along with Breaking Bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I also liked Louis being offed. Now, not only does Dexter have the Ukrainians on him, he now also has blood evidence of Louis on his boat. Depending how good of job the clean-up guy did, this may play a factor later on if there is any sort of investigation into Dexter due to Louis's disappearance.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Looks like they have a new villain who has a murderous maze, wears a ridiculous costume, and likes to play death metal while he hunts people who get caught in razor wire. It will be interesting to see where Deb goes with this, now that she realizes Dex pegged the guy, but they didn't do anything and now another person is dead. I wonder will she be brought to the dark side by the end of the season.

Disappointed about Louis a little I guess. The Ukrainians so far aren't shaping up to be anything but caricature villains, but maybe that will change.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That whole scene was really bizarre.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    On par with Homeland tonight.