Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Wasn't her friend kind of a readhead?
    yeah, I think you're right. Well, I'm trying not to make up my mind too much about this show. The writing's been on a downhill since at least mid-season-4. If you start thinking about certain stuff too much, a lot of plotholes and lazy writing become evident.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    yeah, I think you're right. Well, I'm trying not to make up my mind too much about this show. The writing's been on a downhill since at least mid-season-4. If you start thinking about certain stuff too much, a lot of plotholes and lazy writing become evident.
    Well for me, the show ended at season 4. What followed was a wacky story of whatever. I take it for whatever is left.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well for me, the show ended at season 4. What followed was a wacky story of whatever. I take it for whatever is left.

I couldn't agree with you more. Rita being killed by trinity was a great cliffhanger for a season finale. but the writers wrote themselves into a hole that they haven't gotten out of. Rita was the ying to dexters yang and they haven't found a balance since Rita's death. Dexter doesn't even spend xmas with his son? instead he's out killing while the nanny watches harrison? And the code went out the window looooong ago. he tells this chick he's a serial killer, then turns her into the cops with the info she knows? then goes after his mothers killer after Cap. Matthews warned him.

Personally I can't wait for the show to be over so I can have closure on the whole thing. I'm also one of the few that hopes he gets caught and get what he deserves.

The worst part of all of this is we will never get to see Rita's reaction to the truth

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    If we, the viewers, knew that laguerta was setting dexter up, then dexter should have known too. I prefer to think that we are seeing dexter unravel rather just being a dumbass.

The Hannah part is really sad to me. As much as I didn't like her, I was hoping they would run away together to escape Laguerta's inevitable investigation. A new life, new identity and a happy ending for dexter.... It doesn't seem possible right now.

Maybe Jamie can adopt Harrison since she's practically his parent anyway.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    How could Dexter have possibly gotten out of that shipping container without being caught?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    How could Dexter have possibly gotten out of that shipping container without being caught?

Because the tail lost the subject and then waited for Laguerta to arrive - and comments when she arrives that he lost the quarry.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah but he said he lost him until he heard the gunshot, which occurred a while before Laguerta arrived because after the gunshot, Dexter knocked out the guy, tied him to the table, and waited for him to regain consciousness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sooooo how are the two of them gonna cover this one up?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Wow, the show about the serial killer finally got dark again. Deb is broken.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    She was shot with the wrong gun.

Plus, the judge knows the warrant had been signed, this isn't going to be the end of it. They're both fucked now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    LaGuerta was an absolute moron for going to that storage container alone. Obviously when you get a phone call like that, its a trap.

I dont like the way it ended. it was so rushed....

Now what to watch....

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    They either both get caught, or they both run together. But then again, Hannah is out again.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Spoilers, for those who haven't read the first book:

Spoiler: I find it somewhat funny, that at the end of the first book, LaGuerta gets killed and Deb find out about Dexter. It's taken the TV show 7 seasons to get to where the book got in 1.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Isn't season 8 going to be the last season? This is all just setting up for when Dexter is finally killed/jailed for all the murders

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    This is all just setting up for when Dexter is finally killed/jailed for all the murders
    Or retires to spend the rest of his days writing and illustrating childrens' books.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well seems like we got a split crowd so I'm gonna take a poll. Who is rooting for Dexter to go free, and who is voting that Dexter will get busted and go to jail/electric chair?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I don't know how I want it to end but it seems to be a cope out if Dex gets caught. Just boring.

This season was super boring and predictable.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Or, what if he gets killed by another serial killer? Someone younger to carry on his work and to take out the butcher. Would be ironic if it ended with Dexter on a table.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

As predictable as the writing was this season I assume Hannah will kill him or Deb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I don't know how I want it to end but it seems to be a cope out if Dex gets caught. Just boring.

This season was super boring and predictable.
    I would like it if he gets caught and then they show (or hint rather) that he's now killing bad guys in jail.

This season wasnt great but certainly way better than 5 and 6. Those were terrible.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elementroejoy View Post
    This season wasnt great but certainly way better than 5 and 6. Those were terrible.
    I think it was just as bad. There were countless "because we said so"-moments, that didn't make any sense at all and ultimately made the show/its events feel shallow and meaningless. Also, they killed off a lot of characters (or made them disappear) in a very lazy way (Mike, Isaac, the club owner, Quinn's girlfriend, the nanny's boyfriend, ...). I think (since at least season four) this series has become one that is trying to feed the viewer's lust for sensation and action too much and therefore has become a mess regarding its story and characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Spoilers, for those who haven't read the first book:

Spoiler: I find it somewhat funny, that at the end of the first book, LaGuerta gets killed and Deb find out about Dexter. It's taken the TV show 7 seasons to get to where the book got in 1.
    So basically next season they'll be giving us CYBORG DOKES.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I wouldn't even mind if season 8 started off with Dexter waking up next to Rita the the day before she would get killed, and that everything that happened next was just a bad dream.
    Last edited by profane; 12-19-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I would go ultra dark and have them both commit suicide or you see them both getting the death penalty.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I wouldn't even mind if season 8 started off with Dexter waking up next to Rita the the day before she would get killed, and that everything that happened next was just a bad dream.
    I wouldn't mind that either! But he should still take out Trinity in that version.

This show is already messing with one's sense of right and wrong so bad in that I want Dexter to get away though my head says he needs to pay. But the ultimate punishment would be Deb getting caught, going to jail, not giving away her brother, and Dexter getting off (not getting caught, hiding in plain sight) and having to live with it all.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

According to the code shouldn't Dexter have to kill Deb now?
    Last edited by RJK; 12-22-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I really, REALLY miss Doakes.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-23-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    'Surprise, motherfucker!'

That scene,made me smile and laugh quite a bit. I love this show.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiovoyr View Post
    'Surprise, motherfucker!'

That scene,made me smile and laugh quite a bit. I love this show.
    It makes me want to watch the first two seasons again just to hear his one liners. Man, Doakes was my favorite character on the show next to Dexter.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finally caught up and finished the season. Loved the ending. And I enjoyed the Six Feet Under reunion.