Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    listened to shit mirror. that hook, guys. so crunchy but so melodic and I FUCKING LIVE FOR THE HAND CLAPS.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This basically belongs in the "trilogy playlist thread" but I needed to share the love. As a whole, I don't just think the trilogy is the best thing since The Fragile — I think it is as good as The Fragile. In terms of quality, a slowly unfurling and possibly circular narrative, and pushing NIN's sound to new places and new heights, it's its true successor to me.

Anybody feeling quite that level of love for the whole trilogy?

What a fucking great time to be a NIN fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    What a fucking great time to be a NIN fan.

This phrase has has been uttered more with this band than any other. Props to TR for always keeping it interesting. YZ ARG was THE time to be a nin fan though. That shit was so fun. That phrase popped up a lot in those days.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Doesn't Shit Mirror begins with the same kind of rythm as the beginning of Branches/Bones ?
    YES! That was the first thing I noticed when I heard it!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My vinyl has arrived! Can't wait to listen to it properly.
    Download code not working. Guess I'd have to wait until 22nd.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Guys I heard Josh Wink actually wrote the new record.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The Japanese variant looks sexy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    YES! That was the first thing I noticed when I heard it!
    I noticed that too. Was thinking that maybe the 3 records are 3 versions of the events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All three of these have been stellar, but goddamn, Bad Witch is like it was personally catered to me

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I have only heard it on YouTube. I don't want to listen again until I get the vinyl from my deluxe package, or at least the digital download (I'm gone camping right away, damn!).

But so far this is definitely my favourite of the three EPs (ok, LP?) ... anyways, I think this one really stands out the most, NTAE stands out quite a bit, but my major thought with that release was I was hoping for something aggressive and loud. And here we are. I love all three releases, and Bad Witch goes way up somewhere near the ever changing top of my favourite few NIN releases. Yessssss

I don't feel these songs all belong on one record, I feel like the message is different and each release is it's own vision. But what the fuck do I know? Either way, love it.

It's refreshing, because really it's so easy for bands/artists to get stale, especially after decades (hell even after two or three releases!). So for me this is ever growing evidence that Trent has really dug into something special here with adding Atticus, and the obvious new sense of energy and purpose with NIN for Trent. My favourite all time artist/band, and it's so impressive and honestly downright special to have this quality of work this deep into a career. Here's to many more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry guys but I don't really like it.
    I like how Trent tried to do something different each time but for me it sounds like "The Slip": a nice LP made for fun with some catchy songs and some instrumental ones.
    Maybe I have this feeling because some tracks sound WAY TOO MUCH like Bowie... and "I'm Not From This World" is clearly from "The Vietnam War".

I miss the old NIN, I don't think that we will listen to an album as perfect as The Fragile or The Downward Spiral anymore and it make me sad to admit it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eluus View Post
    I miss the old NIN, I don't think that we will listen to an album as perfect as The Fragile or The Downward Spiral anymore and it make me sad to admit it.
    Then go listen to those records and stop listening to the new ones. I hate the logic that, because a new album doesn't reach the heights of the classics, that the music it's worthless.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here are my pictures of the BW packaging.

https://1drv.ms/a/s!AoRvL4GCMTIDk7RIuQikBb95kFNthA

Spoiler:
    Personally - I'm pretty disappointed, there's no liner notes or anything...:-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Odd to say after a few days but Shit Mirror is fast becoming one of my top 5 favourite NIN tracks. Maybe too 3.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosingFocus View Post
    Odd to say after a few days but Shit Mirror is fast becoming one of my top 5 favourite NIN tracks. Maybe too 3.
    Play The Goddamned Part and Over and Out will be in my top 10 for sure

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    Some goddamn clues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Then go listen to those records and stop listening to the new ones. I hate the logic that, because a new album doesn't reach the heights of the classics, that the music it's worthless.
    Did I said that ? Problem is, every time there is a new NIN album, a lot of people are like "OMG BEST ALBUM EVER, TOP 3".
    This trilogy was nice, but Bad Witch is for me not as good as the others. Not because we are fan of his works that we must lose our mind everytime.

When "The Slip" was out, everyone said that. And now, is it still the best album ever ? I don't think so. Time reveals the quality of an album and I don't think that I will listen to "Bad Witch" as many times I listened to some other NIN album.

You can disagree with me but it is not a reason to be disrespectful.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

When "The Slip" was out, everyone said that. And now, is it still the best album ever ? I don't think so.
    I think so tho, it is in tops for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I think so tho, it is in tops for me
    Ahah, you can. I took this example because months later there was lot of people saying "meh.. I don't listen to it anymore".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    When "The Slip" was out, everyone said that. And now, is it still the best album ever ? I don't think so.
    I honestly don't remember it that way. I remember The Slip and Hesitation Marks as being rather polarizing. So were the two EPs preceding this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The back cover of Bad Witch looks like sunspots.
    Also Ian Asbury and Dave Grohl. It has been mentioned a lot already, but the number of WT/Bleedthrough allusions throughout the trilogy really surprises me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I honestly don't remember it that way. I remember The Slip and Hesitation Marks as being rather polarizing. So were the two EPs preceding this.
    When Hesitation Marks came out, it was all loved, there is a thread for Hesitation Marks on Echoing The Sound, when it came out/leaked, everyone was celebrating.

NTAE Add Violence and Bad Witch are the least recent polarizing releases I can think of.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjt View Post
    I think simulated reality was merely the protagonist looking for answers? Awesome concept though..

I hope more becomes of the artwork/clues... I'm a sucker for them clues.
    This concept didn't change until the third installment. Just because everything can be explained away in a third act with "oh, that person's crazy!" or "nope, it's all bullshit" doesn't make it good. From a story point of view, it's a slap in the face. As far as clues, what do they matter now? It's just a nostalgia hit, there's no deeper meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataxia View Post
    That’s kind of how I’m feeling too. I thought the simulation thing was a cool idea and had a lot of storytelling potential, even if it wasn’t the most original idea in the world. But neither is “humanity sucks”. It makes it feel more like a collection of thoughts rather than telling an actual story. It feels like a repeat of him abandoning the Bleedthrough concept. Having said that I do respect his decision to make it a more realistic story, I just really liked where it was going with Add Violence. That type of narrative is more up my alley. But yeah, musically I’m still in love with this album.
    Excellent post; just a collection of thoughts rather than a story. Oh no, this guy's nuts!

I understand how bitter this comes off; doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the music.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Did I said that ? Problem is, every time there is a new NIN album, a lot of people are like "OMG BEST ALBUM EVER, TOP 3".
    This trilogy was nice, but Bad Witch is for me not as good as the others. Not because we are fan of his works that we must lose our mind everytime.

When "The Slip" was out, everyone said that. And now, is it still the best album ever ? I don't think so. Time reveals the quality of an album and I don't think that I will listen to "Bad Witch" as many times I listened to some other NIN album.

That’s not a problem. That’s how opinions work. I think year zero is on par with TDS and TF. Plenty of folks here will disagree with me and say it’s not even close.

We are losing our minds because our favorite artist is blowing our minds again!! We went from the accessible pop of hesitation marks to the heavy art noise trilogy in just a few years. It’s pretty exciting for us nin fans who aren’t sad that TDS was 24 years ago and bad witch is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I'm not the only one who is disappointed by this last EP/LP/whatever.
    EDIT: however, I'll give it more chances. Rant edited.
    Last edited by ParaGun; 06-21-2018 at 06:25 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just to keep this in focus!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just to keep this in focus!!!
    What is it? Where'd it come from?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Nobody thought it was the best.

We we all enjoyed it but the reaction was nowhere near like it has been for these

Because these are creative, challenging and different

If you don’t like BW, it’s possible NIN is just no longer for you. That’s fine, there is a huge back catalog.

This is one of Trent’s finest works on just a pure basic musical level and that’s more or less a fact

I don’t mean based off of taste, I mean overall

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazzaro703 View Post
    Sorry but I'm far from a neckbeard (Although in fairness I guess I am a Hairy Member here on these forums). Maybe you like poor story, characters and writing but some people have a higher bar for quality.

Speaking of a higher bar for quality, really a fan of this last session of music from NIN starting with NTAE. Reminds me more of the earlier stuff but is evolved and different.
    I’m choosing to not respond to your actual point because it’s not worthy of a well thought out intelligent response