Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Vinyl code for download from Sound of Vinyl now working. An almost official mp3 download! {turns out to be WAV}
    Is it 24 bit?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Not yet. Probably won't come for another week or so I'm guessing.
    @Nellyrific check your order status on their website. I never got a shipping email but I checked online and it says it shipped. No tracking info though unfortunately.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Not yet. Probably won't come for another week or so I'm guessing.
    My order says shipped on their website, but no email yet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    Is it 24 bit?
    not a digital aficionado. It says 141kbps which would be low for MP3 but no idea how to telll 24bit depth in windows. File sizes are between 32MB and 80MB though. {actually, just looked at it in VLC and it's 16bit WAV}
    Last edited by afors; 06-21-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    JB HiFi order shipped from AUS but without tracking. Merchbar white vinyl has not shipped. Let's see which one arrives first.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    1411 kbps is 16/44 WAV, 2117kbps is 24/44 WAV (anything higher than 2117 will mean the KHZ is highly, such 24/48 and 24/96)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    This is all extremely interesting considering his statement that "pessimism is a dead end."

Makes me think of the Immortal Technique line: "Pessimism is an emotion, not a philosophy."

After a few more listens, my opinion that Shit Mirror is by far the best track is solidifying. I'm starting to think less and less of Over and Out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    @Nellyrific check your order status on their website. I never got a shipping email but I checked online and it says it shipped. No tracking info though unfortunately.
    Thanks! I see that it is shipped. I feel like it’s going to take a while to get to the US but oh well 🤷🏻♀️

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I can dig it

Your Amazon.com order of "Bad Witch" has shipped!
    your package will arrive:
    Friday, June 22

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This rules. my train squeaked to a stop at a station just as Over and Out ended, and I couldn't tell what was synth or steel.

I was a little bothered that there wasn't much in the way of vocals; when there's NIN and TR/AR, the instrumental NIN tracks can feel a little redundant, but I realised that Trent's vocals are usually just another instrument anyway, especially these days.

Good to have him here with us.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Finally got a chance to listen to this. Very pleased. I wished for years he would do something like this. Crispy and crunchy and the sax!
    my only gripes are that i wish it was longer, and I'm Not From This World feels out of place. That tune feels like something else thematically.
    The new vocal stylings are very welcome.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The use of saxophone in Bad Witch makes me very slightly optimistic at the slimmest possibility that we may get to see the live debut of “Driver Down” this tour.

Random Side Note: In quite a few verses of “Ahead of Ourselves,” Trent sounds like that slave master droid from Return of the Jedi:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    The use of saxophone in Bad Witch makes me very slightly optimistic at the slimmest possibility that we may get to see the live debut of “Driver Down” this tour.

Random Side Note: In quite a few verses of “Ahead of Ourselves,” Trent sounds like that slave master droid from Return of the Jedi:

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one.

My post from June 16th

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    My description of the album.

Ahead of Ourselves has a drum and bass sound (maybe?) reminds me of that new song from Deviations, Taken. Verses have distorted vocals. This is gonna sound retarded but the distorted vocals vaguely reminds me of a droid from Star Wars. Or Leia disguised as a bounty hunter at the beginning of Jedi? I don’t know. It’s distorted.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My Amazon.ca order showed up today but man they charging way too much for this. Gonna return it and get it at Sunrise Records tomorrow.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    That drum syncopation like after "knuckle dragging animal" at ~1:30 in Ahead of Ourselves gets me hard.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    A couple people on the nin subreddit go their autographed postcards. Probably both in Australia (one guy said he is)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    My Amazon.ca order showed up today but man they charging way too much for this. Gonna return it and get it at Sunrise Records tomorrow.
    What all was in your order? I ordered the cd from Amazon and it was less than $7 USD. Definitely doesn't feel like a rip-off to me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    Ha! Glad I'm not the only one.

My post from June 16th
    Ha! I remember reading that post. To me, it reminds me of the vocal distortion from Gave Up. I remember Trent would have the mic/vocoder to distort his voice for that song; I hope he does the same this tour, if/when he sings this song (and Gave Up).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    A couple people on the nin subreddit go their autographed postcards. Probably both in Australia (one guy said he is)
    Wish I would have seen that before it sold out. How much was it anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tollefson View Post
    Wish I would have seen that before it sold out. How much was it anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ordered the cd since I had ordered the vinyl already and it was $22 with shipping.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Just Spotified it (I had avoided all leaks and the single). My face is swollen from the shock and I'm trying to catch my breath.

TR&AR, I bow to thee.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That little melody before the vocals begin on Over and Out. FUCK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    What all was in your order? I ordered the cd from Amazon and it was less than $7 USD. Definitely doesn't feel like a rip-off to me.
    Amazon.ca it’s $18.53 plus 13%=$20.93 where as the record store is $9.99. I thought the price would have dropped as the vinyl is $17.97. So I feel it’s a rip off. Better to get it half the price then with Amazon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it possible the download from nin will be made available at midnight tonight? Should be getting the vinyl tomorrow regardless. After reading the interview I'm kind of glad the ARG angle seems to have kind of faded into the background. It seems like it was kind of restricting to make it all fit into a narrative and maybe that has something to do with why I listen to NTAE far more than AV and likely why I'll tend to put on this before AV as well.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouOftenForget View Post
    After reading the interview I'm kind of glad the ARG angle seems to have kind of faded into the background. It seems like it was kind of restricting to make it all fit into a narrative and maybe that has something to do with why I listen to NTAE far more than AV and likely why I'll tend to put on this before AV as well.

Still works as a narrative, I think. Is your life an internal delusion, asks Not The Actual Events? Or even bigger, is the world a simulation, asks Add Violence? No, shit's just fucked, says Bad Witch.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    there are ZERO narratives, ZERO args, ZERO reasons to go beyond the skin deep ... i love it, makes this whole thing feel satisfying. i never subscribed to the nonsense. so glad to see these stupid ass ideas become said nonsense. take that, weirdos who just fucking *need* to delve deeper. just listen to the record.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This album is meant to be listened as a whole. “God Break Down the Door” is clearly, for me at least, not to be listened to on its own. I really must applaud the balls it must have took for making that the lone track released prior to this. Because, hearing it on its own, the song is an enigma. You have no idea what to think. As a listener, you’re just stuck in this box of chaotic noise. Surrounded by the other tracks though, it’s a perfect transitional piece. It could have been so easy to toss out “Shit Mirror” first since that certainly feels like a track that would appeal to the masses. But what “God Break Down the Door” did for me was draw intrigue for what this album was going to be. It just put you right in the middle of this chaotic story that was being told. I wanted to see what led to this point, and more importantly, what is the outcome?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It can still work, if that's what you're looking for and not trying to take away from those that want to make it more like a screenplay with separate Acts. I don't mind a general narrative, like say with TDS where people talk about the "character" or whatever which I had found out long, long after the fact and YZ being a concept album. It can add to the cohesiveness of a work but it's not necessary for me is all and with both of those I don't really think about any sort of plot while listening to it. With me as long as the music captures a focused "vibe", that is engaging then that works for me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    Amazon.ca it’s $18.53 plus 13%=$20.93 where as the record store is $9.99. I thought the price would have dropped as the vinyl is $17.97. So I feel it’s a rip off. Better to get it half the price then with Amazon.
    Wow. That's an insane price difference.

Mentioned
    557 Post(s)
    vinyl showed up in the mail, I'm on track 3, so far I'm liking it.