Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    there are ZERO narratives, ZERO args, ZERO reasons to go beyond the skin deep ... i love it, makes this whole thing feel satisfying. i never subscribed to the nonsense. so glad to see these stupid ass ideas become said nonsense. take that, weirdos who just fucking *need* to delve deeper. just listen to the record.
    I understand the feeling, nothing beats just.. hearing the music. Diving into it, without anything else than the cover art in your hands, music in your ears. Building your own feelings, your own ideas. But that's a weird way to say it. "ZERO reasons to go beyond the skin deep". That's.. dangerous ? It's art, it's a statement, there is a narrative. You can choose to ignore it, but it's there.

Where's my damn vinyl though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Looks like emails for the digital version of the album are being sent out...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's up on Spotify on the East Coast in the US!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    It's up on Spotify on the East Coast in the US!
    Apple Music, too.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    And Amazon Music which is what I use. Wooooooo!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just got my email from nin.com that the BW download is now available.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Listening now. It's amusing to think back to when people were asking why "God Break Down The Door" was released as a single because it was too weird. Having heard the first three tracks, it would seem that it's the most normal of the bunch.

EDIT: Finished it. Might have to take it for another spin to really start to process it. My knee-jerk reaction is that it's good, but I liked the first two EPs better.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 06-22-2018 at 12:02 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Did the NIN store offer 24 bit WAVs??? It seems I chose FLAC. I ordered WAVs with Add Violence, but looks like I messed up and picked FLAC for Bad Witch.

Updated: Yeah, checked my order, I messed up. Damn it, wish I had the WAVs. I know MP3s and FLACs include the lyrics, but personally prefer WAV for preservation.
    Last edited by neorev; 06-21-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    does the nin.com download come with a pdf or any additional artwork?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    woooooooooooooooo finally!!!!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Can’t you just uncompress the FLAC’s into WAV’s? I thought the whole point of FLAC was lossless compression compared to an uncompressed WAV.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    The use of saxophone in Bad Witch makes me very slightly optimistic at the slimmest possibility that we may get to see the live debut of “Driver Down” this tour.

Random Side Note: In quite a few verses of “Ahead of Ourselves,” Trent sounds like that slave master droid from Return of the Jedi:

Oh shit!
    It just hit me: perhaps that's the point. Perhaps it's supposed to be like an AI or some sort of transhuman hybrid telling what happened to the human race in the future. It damn sure fits.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Alright finally listened because the NIN topic youtube channel has uploaded all of the songs (no sketch). First impression: Most disturbingly beautiful groovy music I've ever heard.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've never gone from head banging to being utterly terrified to completely calm and at peace this fast.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    After holding out for the official release, I've finally listened to the new album. My initial thought-
    Not the Actual Events fucked Broken in a dark and dirty alley behind a meth house. Despite the multiple attempts to abort, Bad Witch was born.
    I love it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Did the NIN store offer 24 bit WAVs??? It seems I chose FLAC. I ordered WAVs with Add Violence, but looks like I messed up and picked FLAC for Bad Witch.

Updated: Yeah, checked my order, I messed up. Damn it, wish I had the WAVs. I know MP3s and FLACs include the lyrics, but personally prefer WAV for preservation.
    If memory serves me correct WAV wasn't an option at checkout, just MP3 or FLAC. The WAV (16bit) I have came from the vinyl download card.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’ve had this thing on practically endless repeat since the leak, and the more I hear it, the more I fall in love with “Shit Mirror.”

My vinyl arrives tomorrow. I can’t wait to experience Bad Witch in a physical format.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Shit Mirror is so fucking fun and feels empowering in a weird way. Got that cool punk vibe to it like Branches/Bones.

Ahead Of Ourselves somehow works despite being so weird/unorthodox. "WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES!" So damn catchy. I'm a sucker for fast drum patterns/loops.

Play The Goddamned Part is my least favorite and even at that it's still pretty great and interesting. Trent and Atticus have incorporated the Jazz elements in a cool way.

God Break Down The Door was already growing on me and hearing it alongside the other songs made it sound even better, this album's energy never slows down, only changes form.

IM NOT FROM THIS WORLD- holy shit...I thought She's Gone Away and Not Anymore were nightmare fuel but this is on another level. Giving off strong Halloween cover/remix vibes. I really dig it. This is taking me to a scary place right now listening to it...

Over and Out- super cool beat at the beginning then the bass groove comes in and I can just feel it's going to be something special. Trent's vocals are really interesting/pretty and all the noise/instruments really complement each other. Jazzy "Into The Void" vibes. And that melody before Trent's vocals is so beautiful and comforting...even though it really shouldn't be.

As far as the message of the album, for me,"Time is running out...I don't know what I'm waiting for..." Live your life, do something, stop retreating to comfort of routine and predictability.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    If memory serves me correct WAV wasn't an option at checkout.
    It was at checkout. I have it. 24/48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Download emails haven’t gone out from UK store yet, but my God Break Down the Door email says that expires at 12.25 this afternoon so maybe it will be available then?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Ah ok, good to know. Yeah I must have messed up when selecting.
    Last edited by neorev; 06-22-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by josepfine View Post
    does the nin.com download come with a pdf or any additional artwork?
    No. Just a TIFF of the cover art.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Was that on UK store, I don't remember seeing it, but I just go for MP3 anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Still no official D/L from UK nin store yet. Anyone esle received their D/L from UK store?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    Download emails haven’t gone out from UK store yet, but my God Break Down the Door email says that expires at 12.25 this afternoon so maybe it will be available then?
    Still no official D/L from UK nin store yet. Anyone esle received their D/L from UK store?

You should contact them. I ordered from the UK store and got the official download link 6 hours ago.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    And now there's a 'Digital LP' option for those of you don't want vinyl:
    https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...12268637290588
    https://store-uk.nin.com/collections...12234932846703

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    You should contact them. I ordered from the UK store and got the official download link 6 hours ago.
    I can’t even find anywhere on the store to contact them

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yes. Well, I got an email with a link, but haven't had time to test it this morning.

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A5010 med Tapatalk

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    And now there's a 'Digital LP' option for those of you don't want vinyl:
    https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...12268637290588
    https://store-uk.nin.com/collections...12234932846703
    to everyone who said there wouldn't be a digital-only option available.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtuck90 View Post
    I can’t even find anywhere on the store to contact them
    there's a contact option on the tracking site that was linked in the shipment confirmation email