Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Okay, I reversed this section in Audition and I think it says, "Whatever's there for them, inside." WTF?!
    Interesting. I heard something about 'fickle friends' when I gained up the really quiet bit and played it forwards, but now that you mention it... kinda sounds like that's what he's saying when you reverse it. But still sounds like reversed speech, as though he learned the phrase backwards and spoke it so it would only sound like that when we reverse it?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just received an email from merchbar saying that the white lp is delayed. It will ship on the 25th...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Interesting. I heard something about 'fickle friends' when I gained up the really quiet bit and played it forwards, but now that you mention it... kinda sounds like that's what he's saying when you reverse it. But still sounds like reversed speech, as though he learned the phrase backwards and spoke it so it would only sound like that when we reverse it?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My nin store delivery came today. Bonus slipmat I didn't expect! Thought they were gone?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Trent sure has come a long way in five years.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ok after first listen I still really don't like God break down the door but I LOVE I'm not from this world and Shit mirror. Not sure about all that sax in Play the goddamn part, probably will be a grower after a few listens

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Shit Mirror is an awesome opener. Doing my first listen now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Here's Bad Witch on display at the Princeton Record Exchange. I picked up a copy of NTAE on vinyl too finally. Got the blue insert version. Listened to the whole trilogy on the drive to and back.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Listened to Bad Witch tonight, first impression is wow, what was that all about? Could not understand it intellectually, however there was an undeniable emotional connection. Made me a bit uneasy, perhaps even anxious. But the last song brought a smile. Time can never run out, because time ended when it began. It's just that simple.
    Last edited by zero; 06-22-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, a little fun fact: Just before I listened to Bad Witch, you want to know what I did? Which kinda primed me to be vulnerable and anxious in the middle of the night in the first place?

I saw 'Hereditary.'

So, you know, listening to fucking BAD WITCH 15 minutes after that gave me aaall kinds of visceral imagination fuel. Probably made for an even better experience, heh. Now I want a music video with clips from Hereditary + "Play the Goddamned apart."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I already listened to it on Youtube, but i was waiting until it was officially released on Spotify to form an actual preference. The instrumental tracks aren't bad though. They remind me of quake and a few other things. In the end my favorites from the trilogy come down to: "Branches/bones", "Dear World", "Less than", "the lovers", "Not Anymore", "Shit Mirror", "Ahead of Ourselves", "Over and Out".

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I ordered my vinyl on Amazon, this is the first time there was no way for me to get an offical NIN.com WAV download. To those with the vinyl/download card, does it give you a format choice for the digital copy?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’m listening to it on vinyl right now (sorry, Trent, my phone is out), and holy shit, this is a clean-as-fuck pressing. I was a little worried because I live in Phoenix, and it was sitting by my front door when I got home - and it was like 111 today - but this record is straight as an arrow and sounds fantastic.

Wow...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    I ordered my vinyl on Amazon, this is the first time there was no way for me to get an offical NIN.com WAV download. To those with the vinyl/download card, does it give you a format choice for the digital copy?
    I don't know if it was just my luck, but my Amazon vinyl had no download code, nor did the packaging say I should expect one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Pitchfork gave it an 8.0, which is the highest score they've ever given a NIN album upon its release! Great news! I'm just happy 'cause I love it and it deserves praise.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums...ils-bad-witch/

Closing sentence: "History weighs heavily on his mind, but for the first time in a long time, Reznor sounds like he’s got his eye on the future." Not bad for a 30 year old band.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 06-23-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Pitchfork gave it an 8.0, which is the highest score they've ever given a NIN album upon its release! Great news! I'm just happy 'cause I love it and it deserves praise.

Did hell just fucking freeze over?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post

Nice! It's a great review too. I was thinking they were going to be into it. People like to shit on Pitchfork, but along with Tiny Mix Tapes ... I find their taste in music to be very similar to mine.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I LEGIT DON'T WANT TO START ARG DEBATE BULLSHIT

But does anyone know what the coding shit is on the vinyl sleeve under Play The Goddamned Part. Where it says "Unused Symbols" or whatever? Almost positive that this is just random bullshit but I'm curious if it's a pre-existing code or something.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wasn't there a proposed code in the NTAE artwork that had users here scrambling to decrypt the cipher? Maybe it's a mocking response to that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I've always been 10 years ahead of you - is that a Trump reference?
    Year Zero released in 2007, Trump inauguration in 2017.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    I don't know if it was just my luck, but my Amazon vinyl had no download code, nor did the packaging say I should expect one.

Don’t know that you get one with amazon. When ordered from NIN.com code is sent to email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Wasn't there a proposed code in the NTAE artwork that had users here scrambling to decrypt the cipher? Maybe it's a mocking response to that.
    SURELY it's the answer to my anagram theory

I swear to god, this cat, hiding clues and suggesting secret meanings that ultimately weren't there: it's harsh but it's wildly clever in that it kind of parallels the sort of nihilistic theme of the record.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My amazon vinyl had a download card inside, lead to Wavs

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Bad Witch is a monster. The production choices are insane. sorry neighbors!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don’t know how nobody’s brought this up other than me and made this a major topic of discussion but seriously I’m Not From This World is abundant with Twin Peaks noises and such. The Judy noise, etc. It even sounds like one of the loops was reversed and then recorded played forward. Between this and people wondering if he did the same in Shit Mirror...

Pretty sure his musical reinvention and making this so challenging was directly inspired by Lynch, no? Especially with all the Lost Highway vibes. I love hearing Trent be directly influenced by Lynch, it’s cool in a challenging way.

I mean the lyric “this keeps happening” even...this can’t really be a stretch or am I a fanboy?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Same. No download card for me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post

I didn't notice a card when I opened the vinyl last night. I'll have to check more closely. I just slit the opening and took the sleeve out and didn't really inspect farther than that.

But nin.com is selling official WAV download for $6.99 - https://store.nin.com/collections/mu...12268637290588

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    My Dark Matter Coffee "Cold and Black and Infinite" has shipped. I'll probably make some sort of mention how it tastes when it gets here.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    My Dark Matter Coffee "Cold and Black and Infinite" has shipped. I'll probably make some sort of mention how it tastes when it gets here.
    lol wait what.
    ron is selling coffee now?