Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    i ordered the vinyl but I don't actually own a record player (yet). If this arrives 2 days early and I the downloads aren't ready yet and I have no way of listening to it, I won't be happy

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Am I the only person in 2018 that doesn't have a record player? I never pre-ordered this because... well... I have no use for a vinyl record. Do all of you that pre-ordered the LP actually have a record player, or do you just want the vinyl to sit on a shelf?

I am generally curious, because there can't be THAT many people on the planet that ran out and bought record players in 2018, can there?

Are record players really becoming a major household item again? I honestly don't know anyone that has one.
    I don't have a record player, but I love collecting vinyl for the larger cover art and limited edition coloured vinyl editions too. I frame some to hang on walls.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    i ordered the vinyl but I don't actually own a record player (yet). If this arrives 2 days early and I the downloads aren't ready yet and I have no way of listening to it, I won't be happy
    It's a turntable young man a turntable

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    This has me laughing. Exact same problem, LP arriving perhaps on the 22nd when I'll be in London. No streaming access (I don't do streaming). Was thinking exact same thoughts maybe buy the CD at the gig and having to take my 20 year old CD walkman {does it still work?} along to hear it!! Very unhip..
    Beautiful. I love it. I don't do streaming either.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    CD announced very soon, still no PC and no 24bit download for normal 2018 ppl ... did Trent changed his mind after seeing his whole career was focused on CD format and not vinyl ? Was PC not a good idea ? i'd like to know what happened to the third PC...
    Also :
    - I saw french ppl turning to amazon because of the 24bit download included and pissed of about official prices and .. especially the deviation price on local stores
    - Myself I stopped to collect vinyl because of the unfamous "vinyl statement" I had fun to collect vinyl before, now I don't, and also, I had to buy Deviation, way too expensive to buy any other vinyl... or re-buy the whole thing for ... nothing new ? I won't buy any player obviously.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It's a turntable young man a turntable
    If I was a young man, it would be a turntable. I'm an old fart so it's a record player

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    CD announced very soon, still no PC and no 24bit download for normal 2018 ppl ... did Trent changed his mind after seeing his whole career was focused on CD format and not vinyl ? Was PC not a good idea ? i'd like to know what happened to the third PC...
    Also :
    - I saw french ppl turning to amazon because of the 24bit download included and pissed of about official prices and .. especially the deviation price on local stores
    - Myself I stopped to collect vinyl because of the unfamous "vinyl statement" I had fun to collect vinyl before, now I don't, and also, I had to buy Deviation, way too expensive to buy any other vinyl... or re-buy the whole thing for ... nothing new ? I won't buy any player obviously.
    I like to think with the 3rd release the Physical Component is the LP itself ie outside of streaming etc you had to buy it physically (LP/CD) to get the digital download. I also think perhaps the fact that PC2 hasn't yet sold out (unlike PC1) led to lack of desire for a PC3? Who knows. Just starting to contemplate framing options for PC1 right now. I still wonder what significance of unique serial number on PC2 was about though...
    Last edited by afors; 06-15-2018 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    God, I hope so. A video for a new single would be such a relief.
    A performance video. The last video needed a lot more reznor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I like to think with the 3rd release the Physical Component is the LP itself ie outside of streaming etc you had to buy it physically (LP/CD) to get the digital download. I also think perhaps the fact that PC2 hasn't yet sold out (unlike PC1) led to lack of desire for a PC3? Who knows. Just starting to contemplate framing options for PC1 right now. I still wonder what significance of unique serial number on PC2 was about though...
    I’m guessing the PCs were a pain in the ass to deal with, and now they potentially have a huge stack of them laying around that they can’t get rid of. I think the first one was pretty limited, and the second one not so much (maybe even because people on here were bitching that they weren’t able to get the first one so they made more the second time around?) Anyway, if any of that is the case, I dont blame them for not doing another one. I’m sad about it, because I wanted my third and final PC to round out the set. I’ve been speculating what it was going to be ever since getting the second one, and thinking about what to do with them. But if it was just a brain drain to make it happen, I get it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I actually loved PC2 and I wish I could put my hands on PC1. oh well

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Maybe Bad Witch doesn't need a physical component. Physical component existed in the first place because 'the intention of the record is for it to exist in the physical world'.
    Something to do with the story arc, or the physical world ticketing "experience" really was the physical component for Bad Witch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Maybe Bad Witch doesn't need a physical component. Physical component existed in the first place because 'the intention of the record is for it to exist in the physical world'.
    Something to do with the story arc, or the physical world ticketing "experience" really was the physical component for Bad Witch.
    I'm hoping there's something special with the vinyl, even if it's just weird shit along with the lyrics. I'm not sure what would tie the 3 EPs together in a satisfying way though.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Not bothered by any lack of PC ... but just excited for these to ship next week! Were a lot of you able to pick up the exclusive off white they were selling for a bit? I'm pumped to get my hands on that.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    You speak official, but PC existed just to sell 24bit download... and now there isn't anything except CD... 16bit

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    You speak official, but PC existed just to sell 24bit download... and now there isn't anything except CD... 16bit
    24bit downloads (where they exist) come with all nin.com vinyl purchases too.
    Last edited by botley; 06-15-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yeah... if you purchase the vinyl, you can choose to also get a 24bit download when the release date arrives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Am I the only person in 2018 that doesn't have a record player? I never pre-ordered this because... well... I have no use for a vinyl record. Do all of you that pre-ordered the LP actually have a record player, or do you just want the vinyl to sit on a shelf?

I am generally curious, because there can't be THAT many people on the planet that ran out and bought record players in 2018, can there?

Are record players really becoming a major household item again? I honestly don't know anyone that has one.
    the only vinyl i have are all NIN and part of that is the collector in me, part of it is that years ago i wanted to some day get a record player but since then i have learned that getting into record players/setups is so expensive.
    a decent setup would not be cheap from my understanding and i am not willing to have something at least decent so i am kinda over having a record player and mostly its a collector/to view the artworks that acommpany the vinyl.

the thought of listening to records is great but in reality, its what you can afford its always cheaper to get a CD than to try getting a setup that is highly unrealistic for me, i do wonder who if TR thinks about the affordability of record player/setups. do i want to listen to the entire discography on vinyl? yep... can i afford to? nope

i am curious also to see how many people here have record players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i have had a record player for a long time. but i upgraded in 2011 when they became more readily available and thus, cheaper.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I have a record player, and among random pictures I post on Instagram, I post shots of the records that I am currently listening to. Many of them just simply look cool (colored vinyl) but I think its a fun hobby. There's a whole community of record lovers out there on Instagram.

If anyone is interested in seeing some of them, you can find me on Instagram under the same username I have on here, ItsChrisRoss

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    the only vinyl i have are all NIN and part of that is the collector in me, part of it is that years ago i wanted to some day get a record player but since then i have learned that getting into record players/setups is so expensive.
    a decent setup would not be cheap from my understanding and i am not willing to have something at least decent so i am kinda over having a record player and mostly its a collector/to view the artworks that acommpany the vinyl.

the thought of listening to records is great but in reality, its what you can afford its always cheaper to get a CD than to try getting a setup that is highly unrealistic for me, i do wonder who if TR thinks about the affordability of record player/setups. do i want to listen to the entire discography on vinyl? yep... can i afford to? nope

I have one of those all-in-one record players that mostly only gets used to play Christmas music when my wife has her family over during the holidays, etc...

I have 2 or 3 NIN records that I have not ever listened to, and a handful of other stuff as well. I think the last thing I played on it was Meddle by Pink Floyd and my wife made fun of me for it because of the noise parts of Echoes. I wouldn't mind getting a proper setup for playing records, but don't think I would ever get around to it. I have some great speakers and a decent amp for them, but no component record player.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    My wife and I bought a record player maybe 10 years ago. i always collected NIN vinyl beforehand as, I am a typical NIN fan who needs to have every version of every release. So I didnt really need to go back and buy the older releases as I already had them, opened but never played except the fragile. That one was played when i still lived at my parents after hooking up my dads old record player specifically to hear the differences compared to CD. I still have the fucking tape somewhere as well.

I am way excited for this album. I havent listened to the phenomenal "God Break down the door" more than a handful of times so it would stay fresh. I have a feeling "over and out' will be incredible. Came across tickets for the 2nd chicago show, general admission. The days leading up to a new NIN release are some of the best days of my life so ive been in an unusually good mood lately. I'm 35 years old and i feel like a kid on christmas morning walking down the stairs.... thank you for that TR and co. Please dont ever fucking stop.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I love my record player. I don't use it right now because our outlet that is near it crapped out. Still need to call maintenance about that. Probably should with Bad Witch coming out next week.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If something in/about Bad Witch activates or interacts with those codes from the AV PC, I feel like they might sell a lot more of those AV PCs.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If TR said that the sci-fi ending of the trilogy was kind of abandoned, does that make the PCs/earlier themes void or at least altered? Or did they come up with an ending that's more like a rewrite, and not do the PC for more practical reasons?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    If TR said that the sci-fi ending of the trilogy was kind of abandoned, does that make the PCs/earlier themes void or at least altered? Or did they come up with an ending that's more like a rewrite, and not do the PC for more practical reasons?
    I feel like its the practical reasons, but time will tell... someone's gotta ask him in an interview (or he answers here...)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    CD announced very soon, still no PC and no 24bit download for normal 2018 ppl ... did Trent changed his mind after seeing his whole career was focused on CD format and not vinyl ?
    Did I miss something? Where is the official announcement for the CD? I can't find news of it anywhere.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I just wish they offered the CD thru the official store. I rather pay $20 for the CD with a 24 bit download rather than a vinyl record with the download because I'll have a lot more use for the CD than the record. A separate 24 digital download would be wicked, but it seems very unlikely for either a CD or separate download will be made available thru the store.
    Last edited by neorev; 06-15-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Did I miss something? Where is the official announcement for the CD? I can't find news of it anywhere.
    No official announcement. (Since when have they ever had separate announcements for different formats?) The CD is available everywhere though, just not nin.com.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post

I bought my record player in pieces, as I could afford them. First I bought a Pro-Ject turntable, next a pre-amp, then a pair of Audioengine bookshelf speakers and lastly a Audioengine subwoofer. The hardest part of the process was getting some cool hardware, but just having it all sit in a closet until I had enough pieces to actually get to use it! After putting it all together, whenever I put on a vinyl it sounds/feels like I am experiencing a live performance.

After getting it all put together, I now have a vinyl collection that wraps around several walls, top to bottom. I guess you can say I'm an addict now. I used to have a massive CD collection, but honestly I stopped caring for them after getting into vinyl and I ended up giving them all away to friends (after digitizing of course).

Vinyl is an expensive hobby, but I definitely feel like I get my money's worth out of it. Hardly a day goes by that I don't go to my music room to relax and listen to something. Plus, the money I've put into everything over the years has only gone up in value. There are so many records that I've bought for $25 that are worth 5 - 10 times more than what I originally paid for them. Plus, I enjoy getting my records signed whenever I can. I probably have about 100 or signed by different artists I've met over the years. Alot of them laugh when I pull a vinyl out of my backpack.

So yes, I buy vinyl and love it!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got an email from UPS about my bundle shipping and arriving on the 22nd. No email from NIN about it though. I thought the UPS thing was spam at first because I hadn't ordered anything that should have been shipping now (or so I thought).