Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    A performance video. The last video needed a lot more reznor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A final music video for the trilogy, something more than a visualizer, would be exciting.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    I bought my record player in pieces, as I could afford them. First I bought a Pro-Ject turntable, next a pre-amp, then a pair of Audioengine bookshelf speakers and lastly a Audioengine subwoofer. The hardest part of the process was getting some cool hardware, but just having it all sit in a closet until I had enough pieces to actually get to use it! After putting it all together, whenever I put on a vinyl it sounds/feels like I am experiencing a live performance.

After getting it all put together, I now have a vinyl collection that wraps around several walls, top to bottom. I guess you can say I'm an addict now. I used to have a massive CD collection, but honestly I stopped caring for them after getting into vinyl and I ended up giving them all away to friends (after digitizing of course).

Vinyl is an expensive hobby, but I definitely feel like I get my money's worth out of it. Hardly a day goes by that I don't go to my music room to relax and listen to something. Plus, the money I've put into everything over the years has only gone up in value. There are so many records that I've bought for $25 that are worth 5 - 10 times more than what I originally paid for them. Plus, I enjoy getting my records signed whenever I can. I probably have about 100 or signed by different artists I've met over the years. Alot of them laugh when I pull a vinyl out of my backpack.

So yes, I buy vinyl and love it!
    This is why I'm ok with my all-in-one. I know damn well that I'll go nuts and need to build on to my house to display / store all the vinyl I would buy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This is why I'm ok with my all-in-one. I know damn well that I'll go nuts and need to build on to my house to display / store all the vinyl I would buy.
    the problem with those things is that they literally destroy your records as you listen to them

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the problem with those things is that they literally destroy your records as you listen to them
    I Have no problem destroying all the Christmas albums that get played on it. My NIN records are still
    sealed.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i got my UPS notification today with delivery set for the 21st!!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    From amazon

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:
    Nine Inch Nails "Bad Witch" Estimated arrival date: June 22, 2018

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    From amazon

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:
    Nine Inch Nails "Bad Witch" Estimated arrival date: June 22, 2018
    Hmm, I got the same message for my CD but my vinyl order still says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date".

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Glad I ordered through Amazon as the current pre-order price guarantee for mine is listed as $9.66. I'll be bummed if the NIN.com somehow come with some exclusive shit, but other than that, stoked that I'm getting it for literally half the price.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    No delivery date set yet for that off white Spotify Exclusive pressing, but hopefully those of us that ordered it get some notification soon!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I...I just listened to the album front to back. Twice. I guess that kind of makes up for missing the Saturday show.

Am I allowed to say that? Can I post thoughts?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    I...I just listened to the album front to back. Twice. I guess that kind of makes up for missing the Saturday show.

how did you manage to do that?!

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    I'd say "link or it didn't happen" but hey, it probably did. Good for you. The rest of us can wait a few more days...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Someone at the Vegas shows had it. I don’t know how they got it and I don’t have the access to the source to share it (sorry!).

All I know is that it is real. I apologize, dick move on my part. I probably shouldn’t have posted that but I was excited having just listened to it.

I’m actually surprised that no one has posted about it on here already. I personally watched at least half a dozen people listen to the album while we waited in line for the show yesterday.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Great! I for one would love to hear what you thought.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Trent are you reading this
    Drop the album already, please

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm saying.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I would like to hear your thoughts, but I don't know if It is against the rules, even considering there's no download link here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My description of the album.

Spoiler: Shit Mirror reminds me of WT era vocals. Has some distortion to it too. Seems like the most straight forward song on the album. I think it could translate well live. Has an almost tribal beat to it. I’m bad at dissecting/describing music lol. I would say this song fits the trilogy well. If it was from NTAE, it would sound at home.

Ahead of Ourselves has a drum and bass sound (maybe?) reminds me of that new song from Deviations, Taken. Verses have distorted vocals. This is gonna sound retarded but the distorted vocals vaguely reminds me of a droid from Star Wars. Or Leia disguised as a bounty hunter at the beginning of Jedi? I don’t know. It’s distorted. Chorus is aggressive. Catchy.

Play the Goddamn Part reminds me of Driver Down. A lot. Instrumental.

Im Not From This World has a bit of Ghosts vibe. Instrumental. But dirtier, like it belongs in this new EP trilogy. Doesn’t have that majestic beauty that so many ghosts songs had. This one is raw. Like something crawling.

Over and out sounds kinda funky at the start. I would describe it as kinda mellow, Bowie-esque at some parts, not upbeat but maybe hopefull sounding.

i probably sound more like a crazy person because once you all hear the album you’re gonna read this and say I was not even close.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wait, so Spoiler: there's two instrumental tracks on Bad Witch?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    Wait, so Spoiler: there's two instrumental tracks on Bad Witch?
    correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It sure seems like they were not interested in promoting this album too much. Here we are now 6 days from release and we don't even have samples up on amazon. One teaser and one single which was definitely an odd one. I said this before but the lack of promotion for me personally has been slowly sapping my enthusiasm. hearing the spoiler above I has just cancelled my pre-order of the CD. I have the vinyl coming but im not exactly sitting on the edge of my seat anymore as I was a month ago.
    Last edited by nineismine; 06-16-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    correct.
    oh fuck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ....Why hasn't someone uploaded it?!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineismine View Post
    It sure seems like they were not interested in promoting this album too much. Here we are now 6 days from release and we don't even have samples up on amazon. One teaser and one single which was definitely an odd one. I said this before but the lack of promotion for me personally has been slowly sapping my enthusiasm. hearing the spoiler above I has just cancelled my pre-order of the CD. I have the vinyl coming but im not exactly sitting on the edge of my seat anymore as I was a month ago.
    I couldn't possibly disagree more. Hearing so much of add violence before it came out made it much less exciting when I heard the whole thing. I hope to hear no more songs until I can hear the whole thing. I feel the same way about movie trailers for movies I know damn well I'm going to see anyway

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    2 instrumentals? That sucks. Although, I don't love instrumentals, I'd be fine if it was on a 12 track album. But 2 out of 6 songs? Sorry, for me, that's disappointing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    When I've read about these two instrumentals I've forgot to say that soon will appear pissed people because of it.

WELL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ugh this needs to drop lol its been such a long wait

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Two instrumentals on a 30 min album is pretty disappointing. I think Trent's vocals have been the most interesting part of this trilogy so far.

Weren't people who got a chance to listen at the presales saying 'Play the Goddamn Part' was only "mostly" instrumental, though? I was imagining some very sparse, but cryptic, captivating lyrics, like This Isn't the Place or The Way Out is through. I am pretty into that approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How much did we hear of A V ? 2 or 3 songs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For AV, Less Than and This Isn't the Place both dropped before the full EP did. Doesn't seem like a lot, but that's like 40% of the album. I'm going to resist hearing anything else that might surface from Bad Witch until we have the full album.