Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Actually show started with Pinion / Eater Of Dreams
    Yes, he corrected that in his next tweet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandDaysBefore View Post
    The only problem with the setlist for me is the time
    we need more Nine inch nails
    30 songs each night!!!!

Is the only way to make everybody happy
    10 classical songs (THTF, Hurt, Head Like a Hole)
    10 fan favorites (the big come down, even deeper, la mer, burn)
    10 (deeeeeeep cuts...Last, Heresy, Underneath it all, We're in this together and new songs)

I can get behind this plan. But wait ... then people will bitch that "it's too long" and that "they have to work the next day"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's kind of interesting this expectation by some for older material only. Seems to be a common theme with fans of artists who have longevity. My example of one such person is Gary Numan who incidentally is appearing with NIN in Montreux this summer (July 9 2018).

A lot of his evidently older fanbase are at gigs and only want to hear stuff from his first three 1980's albums, but he's a creative guy and has 21 studio albums, most of which his fanbase appear to be under appreciative of. However he panders to them by playing lots of new stuff with a few older 1980's 'hit' tracks (including 'Metal' incidentally). You can tell by their reaction that they are not into his newer ones as much (which are more industrial) and prefer the older hits. I tend to be the entire opposite, I much prefer his heavier/industrial more recent material. To me the older stuff can have a tendancy to make him appear like an 80's tribute band a bit, the newer stuff makes him feel like a creative current artist (which he very much still is).

Because of the fan demand for older stuff he toured in 2016 solely with material from his first three albums, but he stated at the gig I was at that “this was the last time” and “he couldn't keep doing this”, and he “wanted to focus on his newer material”. Which I fully understand.

Just wanted to give you all an idea why it's important for an artist with longevity to feel creative/current and have fans appreciate them for what they are producing now and not just demand tracks from the first two albums. Artists evolve and we need to appreciate that they do otherwise they will move away from being that creative before they become just a tribute band of their former selves.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I am all for Trent playing whatever he wants to play at shows. Whether you like the set list or not, it’s going to be a better show because he is going to enjoy it more. Last night was a perfect example.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I became a Bowie fan (as opposed to a casual fan) from going to the outside tour and hearing a setlist of music I mostly never heard before (it was a few days before outside was even released and half the set was from that and the other half was mostly deep cuts with only under pressure and man who sold the world as "hits" - and one of those is a queen song). So yeah keep playing what you want, Trent. It comes through and some of us appreciate it.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Personally I'm of the mind the artist should do what they find makes them happy. Most people will like it too and naturally some others won't. We all know you can't please 100% of a grouping 100% of the time. :-) Otherwise who would post here? :-D

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    For anyone who picked up a poster at the Wednesday show, did security let you bring in a tube? If not, do they provide tubes, or are you on your own?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think with only having one show in so far ... there's no way to know exactly how this is going to go. I seriously doubt he'll be ignoring material from PHM - Fragile entirely especially since he also just helped in putting out definitive versions of a lot of those on vinyl recently. I'm sure we'll see more songs pop up in tonight and tomorrow's set list.

Either way, I also am of the opinion that the artist should play what he wants ... I'd much rather hear newer material from Nine Inch Nails live than the same stuff I'm expecting. The only thing that would have even slightly bugged me about that first show was just how Year Zero heavy it was since that's my least favorite NIN record. However, Metal is one of my favorite Nine Inch Nails covers so the whiplash of opening from that to those Year Zero songs would've been crazy to experience live, haha.

Speaking of covers, all of NIN's covers that usually end up in their set ... I adore! Americans, Suck, Physical, Dead Souls, etc. I'm more than okay for them to throw in those. The only thing that I didn't particularly care for last year was covering How to Destroy Angels material.

All in all, this is all just speculation at this point ... I'm just excited to see what tonight and tomorrow brings us. This is always one of the best times to be a Nine Inch Nails fan.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 06-15-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Dead Souls
    Yes please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where's the ticket-bitching thread?

It's pretty fucked up that we had to go through that hellish ticket-buying line, now we also have to put up with ticketbastard's "When the line opens, your page will refresh and you will be randomly assigned a place in line to shop for tickets" bullshit?

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit Mirror View Post
    Where's the ticket-bitching thread?

It's pretty fucked up that we had to go through that hellish ticket-buying line, now we also have to put up with ticketbastard's "When the line opens, your page will refresh and you will be randomly assigned a place in line to shop for tickets" bullshit?
    It was a pain in the ass, but it worked. Eventually. After it told me I had to use a different device.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I'm still holding out hope for at least one St. Louis or Missouri date after those Chicago shows ... but I may be shit out of luck, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    After it told me I had to use a different device.
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Sat through the 'waiting room' countdown on my laptop to select tickets, but it wouldn't let me buy anything, and I got kicked back into the waiting room again. Chrome crashed multiple times, basically Ticketmaster took a big messy shit on my chest. But eventually it worked on my phone.
    Holy shit. I thought I was taking precautions having both chrome and firefox open, thanks for sharing this!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    For anyone who picked up a poster at the Wednesday show, did security let you bring in a tube? If not, do they provide tubes, or are you on your own?
    From what I understand they did not let people in with tubes BUT they were selling tubes at the mercy table and tons of people had them inside the venue.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    From what I understand they did not let people in with tubes BUT they were selling tubes at the mercy table and tons of people had them inside the venue.
    Good to know. One less thing to pack. Thanks!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Section ORCH C, Row C
    Sit tight, we're securing your Verified Tickets...
    Another fan beat you to those seats in that row. Here's your best option in another row.
    Section ORCH C, Row E
    Another fan beat you to those seats in that row. Here's your best option in another row.
    Section ORCH C, Row F
    Section ORCH C, Row G

At that point I made it through the line on my phone and just bought them there. Thanks botley, if it hadn't been for you, I would still be waiting / trying to figure out what was going on.

I did troubleshoot the problem though: But because ticketmaster is basically just a scam, there are 239 cookies being set, most of them are 3rd party cookies. I block 3rd party cookies, as should everyone. I had the foresight to disable adblock, but I didn't consider that ticketmaster would have scammy cookies practices.
    I'm not surprised at all that tickermaster's programmers aren't smart enough to check whether the required cookies are being set and inform the user.

After checking out on my phone, I unblocked all cookies in chrome and refreshed the page: it went through without a problem.

Fuck ticketmaster, and fuck physical presales.

2018 has been my 2 worst experiences buying NIN tickets.
    Last edited by Shit Mirror; 07-05-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    Good to know. One less thing to pack. Thanks!!
    Yeah I brought mine for no reason. Oh, and I meant merch not mercy 🤦🏻♀️. Won’t let me edit for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That new Ticketmaster queue is absolutely horrific. Ticket buying just gets worse and worse.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oh, and I meant merch not mercy 臘♀️. Won’t let me edit for some reason.
    Probably because mercy is for the weak. At least, that's what my sensei told me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel like throwing up, I splurged $500 for 2 general admission tickets for King's Theater. I'm glad I got those tickets but it's so fucking expensive that I'm ashamed. Hopefully I end up rich one day and it wont' hurt as much.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque... View Post
    I feel like throwing up, I splurged $500 for 2 general admission tickets for King's Theater. I'm glad I got those tickets but it's so fucking expensive that I'm ashamed. Hopefully I end up rich one day and it wont' hurt as much.
    You won't, but it's gonna feel so good while the show is happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque... View Post
    I feel you.. I did the same, in addition to spending like 300 for seats at Radio City. You only live once right? [shoulder shrug]

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    I feel you.. I did the same, in addition to spending like 300 for seats at Radio City. You only live once right? [shoulder shrug]
    Yes! This is my motto: life is short. Buy the tickets!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Yes! This is my motto: life is short. Buy the tickets!
    While I agree with you I find myself feeling pretty irresponsible buying tickets for two more LA NIN shows while I’m in Vegas for NIN shows. I mean I feel bad about it for about a minute.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    While I agree with you I find myself feeling pretty irresponsible buying tickets for two more LA NIN shows while I’m in Vegas for NIN shows. I mean I feel bad about it for about a minute.
    I've never, in my ticket buying history, regretted buying tickets. I have however, regretting not buying tickets.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've never, in my ticket buying history, regretted buying tickets. I have however, regretting not buying tickets.
    That’s exactly what motivates me. I tried to be responsible and only went to two of four Wave Goodbye shows in LA and I still kick myself for it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    You never know when NK's going to nuke us or the country erupts into chaos or Trent decides to stop touring for 5 years again or anything could happen. I've also never regretted buying tickets but have regretted not buying tickets. Hell, I just flew from Buffalo to Vegas and back for ONE show. And it was THE BEST SHOW I'VE BEEN TO.

Buy those tickets.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This is so true. I just bought a ticket for a show in Los Angeles in October featuring the one night only reunion of one of my favorite bands who have been broken up for eight years. Between the ticket, travel, and lodging, I'm gonna be broke, but if I didn't go, I'd regret it for a long time.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    You will feel great after all those nin shows. You will be king of the world!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    You will feel great after all those nin shows. You will be king of the world!
    I never feel great after the show. Always really sad that it was over...

That being said, buy the tickets. I regret not going to LITS show in Dallas more than any other show I've missed.