Thread: The NIN Summer Tour 2018 Spoilers Thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    As a former scalper, if prices are high enough I have no problems going to the venue, walking someone in, and eating the cost of the other ticket. The biggest loss is to the fan that didn't get the seat because the scalper used up the ticket to walk in his customer.
    Since I have the opportunity to ask a former scalper, what ticket purchasing process is the least scalper-friendly?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Since I have the opportunity to ask a former scalper, what ticket purchasing process is the least scalper-friendly?
    Price tickets high enough to begin with to remove profit potential, or create additional tiers to have very expensive tiers as well as very cheap tiers. Scalping works because tickets are sold for less than what they're worth to begin with.

The least profitable shows from a scalping perspective are the big AAA shows since the tickets face value are so high ($250++) and there are only so many whales out there. Conversely, the most profitable shows to scalp are the $30-$50 shows with incredibly high demand. Ticketmaster Auctions also worked to kill scalpers, since they basically became the scalper.

Also, the common process of not announcing all your shows in the same city at once is very brutal to scalpers. I have mixed feelings on things like AXS waiting room. Basically playing lotto.

Note: I have no idea how the big boys with their bots and stuff do it. I'm sure that their CC points pay for very nice vacations though.

I have to give you serious props for not only admitting to it, but admitting to it on ETS in a tour thread!
    Being a NIN fan and a capitalist pig isn't mutually exclusive - I hate myself for what I've become.

Last edited by TheRealNs1; 08-01-2018 at 04:52 PM.