Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
This summer, I'm planning on buying a guitar and learning to play. I wouldn't call my previous attempts actually "trying" to learn, but I'd get really frustrated just by picking the damn thing up. I had a book, had tried having someone "teach" me, but again, the patience issue is one I have to figure out. Now that I'm sober, and will have a LOT of free time on my hands, this summer seems to be a great time to get involved. Questions:
1.) What type of guitar should I be looking at? Acoustic or electric?
2.) What, if any, success have you musically inclined people had in learning to play on your own?
3.) How dafuq did you do it?
I'd look into an acoustic, they're more fun for long hours of noodling, especially if those long hours are spreading into the later evening!
I am completely self-taught. My advice is to think about some songs you've always wanted to learn how to play, and slowly start picking
them apart, you'll be familiar enough with them to know what they're supposed to sound like.

Here's a question...
My bandmates are planning a move into Madison, and I'm not sure whether or not I want to move with them. I kind of feel like the little idiosyncrasies amongst us will be amplified by a million and it was hurt the band.. Plus, I really like my job and I'm hesitant to leave it..

What should I do!?